[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs - Warhammer Forge picture gallery

Baggronor:

Also, reindeer antlers?
They may be placeholders just to show the shape, and the final horns will be built up on top of that. I hope so anyway, if not I'll be reshaping mine. Assuming the model doesn't cost a billion pounds that is, lol

Necrotique:

Aww what… the GT looks just like a wood-elf stag with nightmare wings and chaos plates…

KingFisher:

I was overall impressed and very happy. I have posted some thoughts about the oddity of the different styles of headgear.

I think the Taurus has potential, but the pose is very odd. I wouldn't buy it like that - it looks like it's about to swan dice. Also, reindeer antlers?

Whitehorn
IDK what pictures your looking at, that is a perfecting image of a bucking furious bull.

The horns are nothing like reindeer horns see:

Those are clearly bulls horns that have been carved down into slicing blades and then covered with a metal exterior that can be sharpened.

Whitehorn:

Oh, clearly. So you find the least resembling reindeer pic and no bull pic?

Don’t be so defensive over a quip, when we’re all fans.

fonejaker:

me want … NOW

cornixt:

It looks more like the normal horns have been replaced with metal blades to me.

And look, there’s CD writing!

KingFisher:

Oh, clearly. So you find the least resembling reindeer pic and no bull pic?

Don't be so defensive over a quip, when we're all fans.

Whitehorn
No stressing, I thought you might have meant another animal.

caribou antlers are just very different from bull horns.

I agree these are not standard bull horns.

Clearly these horns are based on the extinct Eurasian Aurochs.
Which was the ancestor to modern cattle.

The horns have been shaved down and augmented with blades.

You can see the clear out then in then back out "S" pattern.

This contrasts heavily with the various "longhorn" sorts of cows with the horns that extend straight out and the point up at the tips.

This is very similar the the horns on the Black Orc standard bearer.

Either way the model is awesome and there is always the scribor moscals model for us poors :)

Tarrakk Blackhand:

These models should be great. I wonder when we can buy them from FW?

wallacer:

I’m hoping that hero level characters will be able to ride Tauruses just so that it’s possible to field more of them.

Bassman:

I'm hoping that hero level characters will be able to ride Tauruses just so that it's possible to field more of them.

wallacer
Are you crazy? I do not want to sell my house to buy 2-3 Forge World Taurus!!!!! Because I will.... LOL :D

Hazkar:

:o AWESOME!!!

need to earn lots of money so i can buy it…or rob warhammer forge:~

zobo1942:

So - no word on a Lammasu yet?

Barth:

Loki:

Some amazing pictures, great work guys, and loving these models think some are certainly going to be on the wish list , any idea on prices ?

Necrotique:

Some amazing pictures, great work guys, and loving these models think some are certainly going to be on the wish list , any idea on prices ?

Loki
Depends how much an arm and a leg's worth these days :D

Fallen246:

Barth
Wow. Just... wow...

Golder Goldeater:

The warriors I love! The others not so much.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

You and the warriors will have to get a room then? - just joking! :smiley:

Golder Goldeater:

You and the warriors will have to get a room then? - just joking! :D

Tarrakk Blackhand
You just caused my suicide, thanks :D

CheTralfara:

Why are the proportions of the warriors so ridiculously huge?

I understand that armour would bulk them out a bit, but these are about twice the girth of a standard GW dwarf model. The original big hat 4th edition chaos dwarf models are like this, where the head is the size of a current GW dwarf body. It seems like they kept the oversized proportions of the 4th edition models instead of working from the Hellcannon crew proportions.

Such a shame because I love the look of their armour. Their arms look exactly the same proportions as an orc arm. Some of these new FW sculpts seem to all have these awful proportions, like the Nurgle Rot-Beast riding character. I can’t imagine they will look like dwarfs when compared to an actual GW dwarf army. I think the warriors arms are actually longer than their own body!

They also look way too futuristic for my taste. I love the inclusion of chaos armour mixed with scale-mail, but the shields and the blunderbuss-replacement guns look way to sci-fi.

Fortunately, I can still be excited about the rules and possible full army list, for use with my own conversions.