[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs with great weapons

warh:

I would try wash+gloss+water

but you can allways look for coloured inks at art and book shops.

GRNDL:

GW ink isn’t hard to find - its regular drawing ink, available from decent art stores.

Baggronor:

Windsor and Newton are the best for inks. I don’t buy from anyone else :slight_smile:

m3lvin:

Haven’t tried using normal ink myself, (fortunatley have a few of them still working ) but technically it would work, perhaps water down would be suitable.

just make shure you buy ink that’s water-resistant :stuck_out_tongue:

Great work mate, good to see you working some more again! :cheers

Obsidian
yeah, fact is this thread was made about a year ago,…

thats why I felt so bad not having painted them yet x.x :smiley:

/melv

Bolg:

The are very nice indeed. are you going to make more for 8th edition sise units?

Obsidian:

Wow, totally missed the dates there! ^^

Xander:

Awesome work man! Can’t wait to see them all painted up!

m3lvin:

The are very nice indeed. are you going to make more for 8th edition sise units?

Bolg
Well, that question pretty much sums up why I've lost interest in my CDs lately, ...the 8th edition rules. x.x

I've already planned my armylist, bought models, even made movement trays for all of them, the force were to be 4000 pts,

but now I dont know since they changed the force selection chart to % instead of slots, so I probably cant field it the way I want anymore.

Then we have the issue with unit sizes. Either I have to make new movement trays to ALL my units, or field a force which perform poorly on the battlefield. :~

Atm I think I'll boycott the 8th edition rules.
either just make it a display army, or wait until my friends come to their sences and return to 7th edition :D
some of them have gotten tired of it already.

/melv

tjub:

Bolg
Well, that question pretty much sums up why I've lost interest in my CDs lately, ...the 8th edition rules. x.x

I've already planned my armylist, bought models, even made movement trays for all of them, the force were to be 4000 pts,

but now I dont know since they changed the force selection chart to % instead of slots, so I probably cant field it the way I want anymore.

Then we have the issue with unit sizes. Either I have to make new movement trays to ALL my units, or field a force which perform poorly on the battlefield. :~

Atm I think I'll boycott the 8th edition rules.
either just make it a display army, or wait until my friends come to their sences and return to 7th edition :D
some of them have gotten tired of it already.

/melv

m3lvin
Hehe, you know that aint an excuse not to paint them up. I havent played 8th ed yet and my last WFB was almost a year ago. With your skills and models this good looking they have to be finished! ;)

m3lvin:

ofcourse they’ll be finished! no doubts on that :slight_smile:

Bolg:

I Understand your frustration, But do give 8th edition a try.

I personally think CD’s work way better in 8th than in 7th. and because we’ve lost the slots and now have percentages it is now possible to bring say 2 eurthshakers and still field some Bullcentaurs. and then there is the pile of new magic items (yeah a ward save for my sorcerer). and last and most definatly not least, a charge range of +/- 10" and no more march blocking (:

Vash:

those are some fantastic conversions, really love the many different styles of masks and offcourse the banner. really like to see them painted.

8th edition is probably not so bad for CD’s, although i haven’t tried them yet. i’m not really sure in what way you have to change all movement trays. hobgoblins might need new once due to the horde rules, but i doubt i would ever deploy normal warriors 10 wide.

i too am not a huge fan yet of the new rules, but since my whole gaming group thinks it’s best thing since sliced bread i guess i’ll just have to tag along

just be glad you don’t have lizardmen… the only upside i’ve yet found is that i finaly have a lot of good magic items to choose from and that monsters got somewhat stronger but also got harder to field with the % way of making an army (i once made a fun army of 7 monsters and 30 skinks), but my main infantry got even weaker at I 1… now it hardly matters if i charge or not.

Bolg:

just be glad you don't have lizardmen...

Vash
Lizzies got way too good in 8th, take a Slan, every spell you cast get you an extra dice, how can anyone dispel that with 1D6 dispeldice???

And movement trays get bigger because there will be more fighting, you want to be at least 6 wide to get 12 S5 attacks from your great weapons. And try the horde rule once. rolling to hit with 28 Cd's with great weapons really gives a buzz.

Oh and 8th is great cos there is no more auto break from fear and outnumbering (: (: (:

Vash:

yep, you’re right about the slann. that’s the one model in the army that is now worth it’s points.

i still have to play a real game of 8th. i have the book but i haven’t got the time to dive into it. i played a few tests, to see how horde combat went… it was pretty bad though, we only rolled low scores on lots of dice meaning almost nothing died (we both had a unit of 50 spearmen with command… if 4 or 5 died each combatphase we were lucky :o)

Fequiil:

Either I have to make new movement trays to ALL my units, or field a force which perform poorly on the battlefield. :~

m3lvin
you have enough plastic sprays, don't you?:P

m3lvin:

Either I have to make new movement trays to ALL my units, or field a force which perform poorly on the battlefield. :~

m3lvin
you have enough plastic sprays, don't you?:P

Fequiil
haha, yeah, sprues is something I'll never run out of,.
still, I keep saving all the new ones I get! x.x

If I ever disappear from this forum its problaby
cause I got buried under a huge pile of plastic...