[Archive] Chaos Dwarves (Mini warrior styley)

maxxev:

This is my work to date (over the past… 7 or so years I think…)

Front rank

2nd Rank

WIP Hero(started last night)

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

tjub:

Hehe, these looks like tiny Chaos Warriors… I like the idea, but I do hope they will get beards! :wink:

Kera foehunter:

the first rank look great love there pose sorta a 300 look

they look great

Zanko:

Real tough guys! :cheers

I like them, especially the guy at the right!

What to see more warriors and I’m curious to see Bull Centaurs made in this style!

… and I want to see your guys painted!

:hashut

Crube:

I must admit at first glance I wasn’t that impressed, but the more I look at them, the more I’m growing to absolutely love them. THey’re really quite charcherful. I do agree on 2 points that others have raised - Need beards, and need paint :slight_smile:

Good stuff

Kera foehunter:

i kinda think they look cool with no beards

maybe there teen age muntan chaos dwarfs out for a rumble

Grimstonefire:

I think the chaos warrior belts would look better scraped off, gives him a bit of a belly. Maybe just trim the sides and cover the front with a beard.

Those bodies actually work quite well with the dwarf legs.

Another 7 years and you will have a good sized unit! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

maxxev:

the first rank look great love there pose sorta a 300 look
they look great

Kera foehunter
I like the spartan type ones as well :), bit of a fluke, certainly I didn't design them that way!
I must admit at first glance I wasn't that impressed, but the more I look at them, the more I'm growing to absolutely love them.

Crube
Same here (the idea is not mine i'm afraid, a GW employee did an entire army of them for an internal competition I think it was...
i kinda think they look cool with no beards
maybe there teen age muntan chaos dwarfs out for a rumble

Kera foehunter
They will get beards, but they will be standard beards not dreds.
I think the chaos warrior belts would look better scraped off, gives him a bit of a belly. Maybe just trim the sides and cover the front with a beard.
Another 7 years and you will have a good sized unit! ;P

Grimstonefire
I'm not sure at present, I might leave the belt, one holds up his waitline, the other holds all the scalps cut from the heads of defeated foes.... (but it may just get covered in beard), not sure....

I have another 4 on the conversion table, so hopefully I can finish a few more before this year is out, but I only have 4 more heads ..... must get buying soon... lol

Da Crusha:

very cool I like them a lot.

CDblunderbuss:

Those are really cool!

Braki Flamebeard:

I like them too, and going for normal beards sounds like it will work since theyre kinda chaosy enough without the dreads. Your not having a musician then?

Snikkers:

Looking very nice.

Are those the old Chaos Warrior torsos? Because they fit well.

m3lvin:

these guys looks badass, all the way.

I like when people gives their cds a more “northern chaotic”- style (arrows, skulls, chaos stars, etc).

Thats what I’m aming for too!

keep up the good work! :cheers

Kera foehunter:

i might have to steal this idea !! i have alot of verion 6 dwarf bottom and chaos warriors

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Although regular CD’s have beards, I would NOT put beards on these models.

My reason is that you’ve added so much detail in their chests, belts and legs that putting a beard over top of these details would hide them, thus ruining the model.

Usually, when someone else builds a non-bearded CD army, there’s no ballance under the chin and the proportions look so wrong that they need the beards. Yours have the right balance and look terriffic as is.

I’d just paint them and build more!

Excellent work!

maxxev:

They are the old Chaos warrior torsos except the Hero.

Is a musician a good idea for a CD unit then, I allways found them pointless with dwarves, if I was running I was dead, so I just concentraited on spending the points on banners and the like…

Mind you I haven’t played the latest revision of Warhammer at all…

i might have to steal this idea !!  i have alot of verion 6 dwarf bottom and chaos warriors

Kera foehunter
Ditto I had about 160 6th edition dwarves before 7th edition hit, some have been convereted using left over new style dwarf torsos (you get 6 per sprue of 4 dwarves) to make units of 20 out of the 16 dwarf warrior and thunderer units (I acually bought the batallion box (i.e. 36 dwarves) and using old legs, green stuff and some legs ordered from a “bits store” made it into 54 dwarves :slight_smile:

Anyway, I still have about 70 odd of the older dwarves to convert into chaos dwarves :), I also have at least 20 Chaos warrior top halves (old style) so I should be able to make 2 units this way without issue :slight_smile:

Ingrown:

They look good mate, Consider this idea stolen. :cheers

Border Reiver:

I like the look, but chaos dwarfs aren’t Chaos Dwarfs without beards!

maxxev:

Third rank WIP