[Archive] Chaos Ogres for Dow?

Grimstonefire:

Probably way too premature to be discussing this, seeing as we don’t even have pictures of the models yet…

But I was thinking that if the new GW Chaos Ogres are decent models, they could be better DOW ogres in a Chaos Dwarf army than the Ogre Kingdoms versions.

Admittedly you’d have a fair bit of conversion work to do making the chaos version into maneaters or leadbelchers.

I’m curious to see how they work that one out, if I understand the rumours correctly you should be able to make trolls, ogres or dragon ogres from the same box???

I would have thought ogres or dragon ogres in one box, chaos trolls in another.

Thoughts?

wallacer:

There are all kinds of things you could use as proxies for DoW ogres.

Personally, I use Rackham Wolfen figures.

Khan!:

That’s crazy - dragon ogres, trolls and chaos ogres from one box?? Hm, I fear these may not be very good models…

But yeah, assuming they’re good, chaos ogres as DoW for CDs makes sense. In fact they’d almost be better as maneaters than anything else.

snowblizz:

Yea, how on earth would that work…

two_heads_talking:

I'm curious to see how they work that one out, if I understand the rumours correctly you should be able to make trolls, ogres or dragon ogres from the same box???

Grimstonefire
That's a rumour that I wouldn't mind coming to fruition. With the new plastic sprues being designed in CAd, I'd really think this would be a wonderful way to 'dress' up the old ogres..

GRNDL:

Do you have a link to more information on this… as you put it… “rumour”?

Giftzwerg:

There are all kinds of things you could use as proxies for DoW ogres.
Personally, I use Rackham Wolfen figures.

wallacer
Ditto. My favourites tho' are the "Devourers of Vile-Tis" I think My DZ have a secret leaning to Slaanesh.....I'm sure Hashut wears fishnets and corsets:hat off