[Archive] Chaos Siege Cannon at eBay

clam:

For those of you (with a lot of money to spend) you now have the chance of getting the Unreleased Chaos Siege Cannon/Chaos Dwarf Ass cannon at eBay

http://tinyurl.com/yaeu7lf

’only’ at £155 - and still a few days left :smiley:

EDIT: I forgot to tell that 2 of the crews might be recasts. They look to be casted without their tags - and ‘now’ comes with a solid base. They shouldn’t look like that. And try look at Dourgrim’s metal shield. It look casted in one piece!! One might wonder about the hole thing…???

Pyro Stick:

Its been a while since there was one of these on ebay. Its a shame its missing the cannonballs though. I bet most of the people that actually got hold of these originally used the cannonballs for a warhammer diorama or something.

Zanko:

I really like the “ass cannon” but 175 Euros (and still 2 days left) is too much for me! :frowning:

Good luck for the bidders from CDO! :cheers

:hashut

hashuts lil helper:

For those of you (with a lot of money to spend) you now have the chance of getting the Unreleased Chaos Siege Cannon/Chaos Dwarf Ass cannon at eBay

http://tinyurl.com/yaeu7lf

'only' at £155 - and still a few days left :D

EDIT: I forgot to tell that 2 of the crews might be recasts. They look to be casted without their tags - and 'now' comes with a solid base. They shouldn't look like that. One might wonder ....???

clam
Yah, that solid base thing looks suspicious. I know at one time kevin moran of stunties.com bought some blurry "pre slotta" CD's on ebay that turned out to be very poorly cast knockoffs.

nitroglysarine:

wow. thats kinda pricey.

ha, 1987, i was two years old then!

clam:

Funny thing is the guy post the old Chronicle ad in the photo section of this lot. Showing the miniatures in all their glory with their tags! Now, how stupid is that.

And I’m pretty sure that there ain’t a “pre-slotta” version of these.

Borador:

nice cannon :stuck_out_tongue: bit to expensive for me, never would spend that much on a single siege vehicle/ warmachine. Good luck to those who are going to bid!

about the mini’s without the tags, could just be they are recasts, you never know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but to be honest, it’s nice to see it on eBay again and it might be noticed, so even if none of us would buy it, it would be CD publicity.

On the other hand, if it is a crappy recast it does matter, for then it would really be a big time ripoff. ( I hate people who rip you off bigtime xD )

If it would be a good recast ( if it is a recast, that is not even certain ) then I don’t really think it would matter a lot, apart from the paying a little to much. You would have the mini and it would be good quality then, so that might even it out a bit don’t you think?

well I’m kind of sleepy, so tomorrow I’ll probably be wondering what I typed, but sometimes it does make some sense so I’ll post it anyway :smiley:

cricketofdeth:

Well, I am going to bid and hope for the best on it.

snowblizz:

And try look at Dourgrim's metal shield. It look casted in one piece!! One might wonder about the hole thing....???

clam
You are totally correct about the shield though. That's not the original plastic shield. Sure they might have lost that and provide an alternative but...
I can only see your(?) question, and part of the answer. Damn needing to be registered on ebay.

clam:

Good luck - but I don’t think this one (in particular) isn’t worth it. So many small things that stinks here - things that makes you wonder, if this in not a big scam. Actually sad about starting this thread. This item don’t deserves this attention - but done is done.

There will be others, so I would save my money for an item that looks more trustworthy than this.

But then again, I’m in no need of this and after all - it’s your money :wink:

Gar Shadowfame:

One can buy it, if it doesnt fit description so is a recast, then u can get you money back and keep the model.

cricketofdeth:

@Clam (or anyone else who owns a siege gun) Is there a copyright stamp anywhere on your siege gun by chance?

Willmark:

My guess is $450 US.

cornixt:

The cannon itself looks pretty authentic. The aging of the metal is realistic. Dourgrim could just have a metal shield added on - you couldn’t cast a model with a shield like that attached, but the lack of slottabases is suspect even if the seller claims he just converted them.

clam:

@cricketofdeth: What difference would it make, if it had one? I’m sure any possible recast would have it as well.

@Cornixt: Dourgrim could be a single mould cast. The shield is placed very high up his arm - in something like a 90 degree angle - so it could be done. But yes it could be added - but it looks so intergrated with the foot and base.

@Willmark: Without the cannon balls I would expect a price around the £250 pricemark  - so thats about the same, isn’t it?

cricketofdeth:

Well, if the recast was so poor that he put the crew on solid bases, do you really think he would go the extra step of putting the copyright info on the cannon?

Pyro Stick:

Damn it jumped £600 in the last 10 min and finished at £654.54. Did anyone here win it?

clam:

Think you mean last 10 sec :wink: - it was at 155 until something like a minute before ending.

- but OMG £654.54 - now someone wanted a siege cannon badly - you cricketofdeath?

Canix:

Amazing price bet your glad you have one Clam .Items generally seem to be going for a little less most of the time on Ebay that was a shock :o

snowblizz:

- but OMG £654.54 - now someone wanted a siege cannon badly - you cricketofdeath?

clam
:o:o:o:o

When it isn't even a complete set and figures are without tabs...