[Archive] chaos squats

torn:

does anyone have any ideas about chaos squats?

im tempted to make some (just a small squad) to be used in skirmish games like necromunda or gorkamorka. i figured since we all know so much about making chaos dwarves it wouldnt be such a big step.

i was thinking about using hasslefree’s grymm as starting points. any other ideas?

Grimstonefire:

I used to have a website somewhere with Chaos Squat artwork.

Can’t find it any more, but have a search for Age of Squats

Its a mod for Dawn of War.

grom:

Hmmm… Same as squats + maybe some mutations… In all squats are just hummies that was workin’ for millenia in mines on h-gravity planets…

Perv:

Arent there a few Chaos Squats already around? Am sure some were made in the 80’s and Chaos Squat in Exo Armour is one I am sure I have seen recently…or did I dream it?

cornixt:

There were a few, many of them looked a bit weird. Should be some on solegends.com

torn:

yeah i know about the old ones, they are my inspiration. IMO the exo armour (chaos and imperial) reminds me of a tooled up cadburys creme egg.

but i do like the regular and power armoured ones. what i want to do is sort of recreate these, not just go hunting for old ones on ebay.

Ghrask Dragh:

Try Ollys Armies…

Olleys Armies Wargame Miniatures Home Page

Psychic scrunts are just crazy, got some a few months back - some of the best miniatures I’ve bought, can’t wait to paint them!

Perv:

Yeah I have a load of those Scrunts too, the Texan ones. Absolutely superb figures.

lol tooled up Cream Egg, I quite like them actually, the figures not the eggs. Yeah I didnt mean buy them off Ebay, meant to give you ideas but couldnt find a pic of them on SOL

torn:

i like the texan scrunts but im not really a fan of the others. i think the texan scrunts have captured a bit of squat nostalgia, whereas those psychic scrunts seem disproportioned and less dynamic. I think they would be cool mini’ to paint, and those mutants remind me of those jelly finger puppet things you used to get, but as chaos squats they dont quite reach what im getting at.

I have been sketching for the last 2 days a lot of ideas for chaos squats, but it might take a while for me to get one in 3D. When i eventually get round to a more final sketch i will post it on here. At the moment im really working on power armoured chaos squats, and once i have that worked out ill try one in exo armour.

Willmark:

Appaarently there I’d some discussion regarding squatz making a comeback but being named something different. Take this with a grain of salt however as the same sources have been saying CDs in 2009. Take what you will

ashur:

Appaarently there I'd some discussion regarding squatz making a comeback but being named something different. Take this with a grain of salt however as the same sources have been saying CDs in 2009. Take what you will

Willmark
Are you talking about the Demiurg ?

Willmark:

No. He was kinda vague about the whole thing. Sounds like something old and new at the same time.

Perv:

Releasing Squats would definately be a good earner for GW. They probably have loads of moulds still so with a bit of modifying they could come up with a new army pretty easily I’d imagine. Cant see them writing the Squats back in though, first they banished them to a few orlds under the Imperiums command then they erased them altogether…I shed a tear :frowning:

torn:

i really think if they did re-release squats themselves they would be fairly boring, multipose plastics that would look like short fat guardsmen, probably with some techopunk, greatcoat, or oriental sci fi feel to them, as seems to be anything to do with 40k recently.

i have to say in my opinion 40 has gone very downhill over the last 5 years or so, and really doesnt hold much interest for me gaming or modeling wise anymore. i think it seems to have lost all of its comedy value.