[Archive] Chaos Warrior -> Chaos Dwarf PICS!

CheTralfara:

Here’s my progress so far on creating Chaos Dwarf (Immortals?) “Chaos Warriors” out of human Chaos Warriors.

These pics are all 1 test model. He’s not done yet… as you can see, I am gonna paint the sheild seperately… The back isn’t finished sculpting yet… I have the whole bottom half of the back finished (a scalemail skirt and belt), but not the upper back half yet. The head mask is a marauder shoulder pad, and so are the shoulder pads. I also need to greenstuff the shoes to connect. All of these guys are gonna be weilding hammers.  This is probably my worst beard work… I don’t know if I should add more layers… (which would be hard because of mask position) OR a beard armour gaurd.

I need more of ALL types of marauder shoulder pads, but ESPECIALLY the skull mask you see in this pic. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me if you have any to spare, I am willing to pay some cash or trade from my large collection of bitz.

I was thinkin I could use these as Ironbreakers when using the Dwarf list… Maybe blorcs in the CD list (if I mount them on a movement tray that fixes the base sizes). If I use a Warriors of Chaos list, I would use them as Chosen (and normal CD warriors as Chaos Warriors).

tjub:

The modell looks good, but in my opinion he isnt fat enough and the beard is too short! :wink:

CheTralfara:

He’s just as fat as the plastic dwarf warriors. Honest. The beard is like that cuz I didn’t wanna obscure the details of the armour/belt. But you are right that the beard is much shorter than my usual warriors… Probably I’ll make the rest with much longer breads and some variation on the beard styles…

I might actually lower the weapon height… but there is also an illusion of it being much bigger in the picture (from the angle).

GRNDL:

It looks good - and the width of the hips could be padded out with pouches, weapons and other trinkets like scalps, heads, etc. Has a similar feel to a lot of the older 2nd/3rd ed Chaos Dwarves in my opinion. If anything, the arms could be more muscular - the recent dwarf models have really thickly muscled arms.

CheTralfara:

I swear to you, those are 7th ed. Dwarf Warrior arms you are seeing on that model! :slight_smile:

However, they are sleeved arms (the warriors have sleeves). I could use 7th ed. Dwarf Miner arms on the rest, they are bare arms, and a little more muscular perhaps…

Has a similar feel to a lot of the older 2nd/3rd ed Chaos Dwarves in my opinion.
I know! I thought the same thing, just didn’t wanna be the first one to say it!

snowblizz:

I swear to you, those are 7th ed. Dwarf Warrior arms you are seeing on that model! :)

However, they are sleeved arms (the warriors have sleeves). I could use 7th ed. Dwarf Miner arms on the rest, they are bare arms, and a little more muscular perhaps....
Has a similar feel to a lot of the older 2nd/3rd ed Chaos Dwarves in my opinion.
I know! I thought the same thing, just didn't wanna be the first one to say it!

CheTralfara
Maurader arms. Total win, IMHO. These are good, but just don't do it for me for some reason.
I can't help but think that my friend the dwarf player would look and these and go "see, I told you so, there are no CDs only short Chaos warriors".

Kera foehunter:

they look cute !! nice job on the beards

Patty:

Looks great. Another option would be to try cut the abdomen down a bit to make it shorter at the top, or capes and pouches.

Patty

GRNDL:

@Che

Yeah, you’re right, current dwarf arms with sleeves are tiny compared to the miners… I was thinking of the miners when I wrote that. Snowblizzes suggestion of using marauder arms would help a lot, IMO. Still, a very good conversion.

CheTralfara:

I tried the marauder arms at first, but they didn’t help to widen his actual shoulder width out enough to be Dwarfen looking. And all my miner arms are being used for other badass models, but I have a surplus of warrior arms… so u c y it iz wud it iz.

thanks everybody tho! thank you for the advice patty, WELCOME!!! I was brand new here not too long ago myself.

“see, I told you so, there are no CDs only short Chaos warriors”
tsk tsk. shame shame. please give your dear friend a homework reading assignment of chaos dwarf fluff. hashut weeps for this poor misguided soul… … …as his body flames turn the tears to streams of boiling blood :wink: hehe

.nick

snowblizz:

I tried the marauder arms at first, but they didn't help to widen his actual shoulder width out enough to be Dwarfen looking. And all my miner arms are being used for other badass models, but I have a surplus of warrior arms.. so u c y it iz wud it iz.

thanks everybody tho! thank you for the advice patty, WELCOME!!! I was brand new here not too long ago myself.
"see, I told you so, there are no CDs only short Chaos warriors"
tsk tsk. shame shame. please give your dear friend a homework reading assignment of chaos dwarf fluff. hashut weeps for this poor misguided soul... ... ...as his body flames turn the tears to streams of boiling blood ;) hehe

.nick

CheTralfara
Well, you should be able to fix it with greenstuff? You are hiding the shoulders with pads after all.
Maybe Beastman arms, they are a lot beefier, but might be a bit too long.

Yeah... about giving him homewrok... imagine what would be the reaction it you would suggest it to a dwarf.
Now picture a person who looks and acts almost literally like a GW dwarf.
Yes, he even has battleaxes. At one tournament he won the price for "largest miniature" for coming dressed as a dwarf.
Now tell me YOU would risk getting your head cleaved in by a guy who seriously calls himself Helmetcleaver...

CheTralfara:

Yeah... about giving him homewrok... imagine what would be the reaction it you would suggest it to a dwarf.
Now picture a person who looks and acts almost literally like a GW dwarf.
Yes, he even has battleaxes. At one tournament he won the price for "largest miniature" for coming dressed as a dwarf.
Now tell me YOU would risk getting your head cleaved in by a guy who seriously calls himself Helmetcleaver...
Point well made! :P

Borador:

I’d say add some more green stuff to his armor, make him look more like an elite unit :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks good, keep it up :slight_smile:

alex:

Wow, i didn’t think it could be done with the plastics. But, it looks so amazingly awesome, and at the same time it looks so familiar… all i can say is, only a very smart man could think of an idea this great. Good job Che.

astragoth:

looks really good…maybe a little too big but totaly OK

Gavan Sing:

Just wondering, which ed of chaos warrior was used? I’m leaning towards the current ed.

Also I’m looking at the previous ed of chaos warriors. They seem more bulky than current & easier to convert.

Warlord Zharhak

Willmark:

Wow this is a nicely done conversion.

I think for the first whack at it, it’s pretty darn good.

Gavan Sing:

Hi CheTralfara

Sorry I was in a rush & didn’t explain my question properly.

I was reading through & saw that this was meant for converting chaos warriors to Immortals. From the picture, I’m guessing you were using the current edition of chaos warriors. It must be a pain filling up the back of the warriors with green stuff.

I was wondering if the previous edition of chaos warriors with its chaos armour, halberd & shield. Would it be a better fit? Of coz, the legs will still need to be cut off & swapped with dwarf feet.

CheTralfara:

Actually, I just ripped this guy to pieces the other day!!

I just bought some armoured greatweapon westwind miniatures (the ones i posted in another thread) to use as my immortals/obsidian guard.

So I won’t be needing this guy anymore, so I can figure out some other use now for the rest of my Chaos Warrior bodies…

I would bet the previous editions would work waaay better (it was made from current edition Chaos Warrior)… and yes, I had begun to sculpt the back from scratch! (I basically just scale-mailed it over and a belt…)

Sooo yep. Gave up on this guy, cuz I agree that he looks totally akward, not fat enough, and not very dwarven… nor is his beard long enough.

Sorry to anyone who liked where it was going… Maybe you can pull it off better.

There is another person on this site who originally inspired me, and made a BSB using the new Chaos Warrior bodies method… His looks WAAAY better.