[Archive] charge and shooting rules

Deebo:

Hi, I hope someone here can please help me with this,

I was playing a game the other day and I was told by my opponant that I can only declare charges and shooting (BS weapons) against the closest enemy unit, evan if others are within range and sight I have to target the closest one, I have been looking through my rule book but I can not seem to find any reference to this, does anyone know where this is written in the book?

Grish:

It’s not written in the book. You can charge anyone you are able to, same with shooting. There is nothing that says closest target.

furrie:

as long as you can charge or shoot a unit, you can, you don’t have to target the closest

Hashut’s Blessing:

It is mostly roleplaying games that use such a system. However, WHFRP doesn’t either. So, answer to your question: it isn’t in the rulebook because it isn’t a rule…

AGPO:

Its a 40k-ism. Your opponent is wrong

Deebo:

Thanks everyone, a mate of mine is still argueing that he read it someplace and possibly in white dwarf but so far has been un able to show this to me. :hat off

I am glad this has been cleared up it was a real pain in my tactics!

cornixt:

“40K-ism”, maybe we should have another word for people trying to apply 40K rules to Warhammer.

Matthias:

"40K-ism", maybe we should have another word for people trying to apply 40K rules to Warhammer.

cornixt
expat?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Stupid? :smiley: Still, Deebo, insist on using WHFB rules until he can prove that 40K rules are being used :smiley: Also, if it is in WD, unless it states it is official ruling/errata, it isn;t official. Not to mention, that such a rule is likely to be out of date as I don’t recall anything about it in any edition of WD since 7th edition…