[Archive] Cheaper GW goblins.......maybe?

doc:

Hi guys, i was wondering if any one has ever tried to use the LOTR Moria Goblins as stand ins for hobgoblins/slaves?

A box of 24 plastic mini’s for £15 Moria Goblins on GW UK online store.
As apposed to a box of 20 plastic Fantasy minis for £18.

Although i have no experience with these mini’s so i dont know how diverse the weaponry is in the box. Are they a set number of spears, swords, bows? Or could you make 24 archers or 24 speargobbos, or 24 swordgobbos from the one box?
I do realise that the scale of LOTR is more like 25mm than fantasy’s 28mm heroic, but they are pictured on 25mm round bases, so they may look ok on 20mm square bases.

I think the Moria Gobbo’s have a real sneaky, beaten down, hunched over look to them. Plus i like the shields.

Hashut’s Blessing:

There are 8 with bow, 8 with spear and 8 with sword. They should look fine. Just think of it this way: 3 boxes=£45, you get three units of 24. To get that many with the fantasy goblins, it’s £9 more and you have 12 models less. The advantage of the fantasy ones, is the scale is the same (but the Morians should be fine) and you can customise them and position them and give them command etc more easily as well as arm them a unit at a time. The Morians, to my knowledge are all one pose (mostly) and one piece at least (maybe the shield is off though).

turquois dwarf:

i use LOTR dwarfs and they work fine. moria goblins would work realy well :slight_smile:

if you wanted tall hobgoblins LOTR orcs may worc particularly warg riders as wolf riders

Kera foehunter:

I think they would be a cool hobos !!

AGPO:

I’m sure I posted in this thread before, maybe I’m losing my memory. You can get 30 goblins out of the common goblin box. There are enough extra weapon arms and shields, the shield arms and torsos are shockingly easy to make with tiny amounts of miliput and the wolfrider legs can be repositioned easily. To me Moria goblins would look wrong in fantasy, plus don’t forget you’d need 24 square bases a unit which aint gonna come that cheap

Fridericus_Rex:

Try this! It’s german but here you can buy all BFSP goblins separate!

http://www.fantasyladen.de/frameset.html

click on: Games Workshop > Warhammer > Angriff auf den Schädelpass

Einzelteile

There you will found 'em.

maybe I could help you

bow_for_hashut:

i use LOTR dwarfs and they work fine. moria goblins would work realy well :)
if you wanted tall hobgoblins LOTR orcs may worc particularly warg riders as wolf riders

turquois dwarf
How big are the LotR orcs compared to hobgoblins?

AGPO:

Don’t forget lotr is real scale whereas WFB is heroic scale - things tend to look out of place when you mix the two

turquois dwarf:

my excuce is chaos dwarfs live in an industrial wasteland so there is not much food so they are thinner. the scale difference isnt to large.

Kera foehunter:

yea Turquois Dwarf i like your thinking you can’t get much work out of a fat slaves

w3rm:

i dont think that would work unless your super tight on money id rather just buy BFSP god that is such an awsome set for us CD players!

AGPO:

dude threadomancry!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.