[Archive] CHeater Cheater Stunties

spatz:

hey y’all this is spatz and i have been looking at chaos dwarfs for several years. I am a big fan of the shooting and magic phases, and at the request of a friend i created a list that i feel shows the true cheeterness of many of the chaos dwarf’s unique units. the general plan is to deploy on a hill in a standard defensive formation with the earthshakers on the top (with 2 of the bolt throwers so they can check range from the throwers b4 shooting), and the sorcers in the blunderbussers surrounding the base of the hill. i can use the eartshakers and the bolt throwers to stop their ranged forces and force them to come to me, where my sorcerors and blunderbussers can hose them into oblivion. the only armies that i think will give me any trouble are horde armies, but im farely confident i can panic them out of this universe :slight_smile:

My 2002 pt. list is as follows:

-LVL 4 Sorceror Lord

-2 power stones

-LVL 2 Sorceror

-Dispel Scroll

-LVL 2 Sorceror

-Dispel Scroll

-LVL 2 Sorceror

-Dispel Scroll

-19 Blunderbussers

-Musician

-19 Blunderbussers

-Musician

-19 Blunderbussers

-Musician

-19 Blunderbussers

-Musician

-2 Bolt Throwers

-2 Bolt Throwers

-2 Bolt Throwers

-Earthshaker

-Earthshaker

any advice or cheater cheater tricks you are willing to share would be much appreciated

spatz:

I would just like to say that I am not trying to “Break the List”; A friend in my gaming group dissed on the evil little stunties and i wanted to make a list that would show him just how brutal they can be

Bolg:

doesnt look like a fun list to pay if you ask me…

Gar Shadowfame:

Actually its very weak list, lizardmen will win with it.

Slann + terradons and magic and shooting is blocked in 2nd lizie turn. And thats about it, + cowboy Saurus hero on coldoune who will get rid of BB in 1-2 turn per unit.

Baggronor:

Firstly, its criminal not to make use of your 2pt WS3 Core Hobgoblins. They are awesome for their points and you will need them to re-direct Chaos Knights, War Hydras, etc.

Secondly, you need someone, anyone, who can actually fight. You won’t kill everything with shooting and magic, it just doesn’t happen, and one or two tooled up Heroes could run rampant through your army if unopposed.

the general plan is to deploy on a hill in a standard defensive formation with the earthshakers on the top
This is the standard Dwarf tactic utilized by the many Dwarf players who think M3 is a reason not to move; the opposite is true. It is not a good method and comes apart very easily against a decent opponent. I’ve played against a heap of such opponents at various tournaments and its the same game every time.

Tomb Scorpions, Tunnelling Gutter Runner teams, ambushing Beastmen, Dwarf Miners + Anvil, raised zombies, well-placed scouts, multiple fliers, some spells or bad misfires will all ruin such a set-up. The other crucial point is that, unlike Dwarf Thunderers/Quarrellers, our BBs have a 12" range, meaning other missile troops all outrange you; you will lose vs other gunlines - true, the Earthshakers will stop some incoming fire, but a good gunline will not deploy so packed as to be that vulnerable to a 2D6" quake zone. So you’re left with magic - if they have decent magic defence, you’re just going to have to sit there and get killed.

I would recommend:

Utilise at least one block of HW+Shield warriors, plus multiple units of Hobgoblins to block and re-direct. Hobgob archers can also be worth it sometimes.

Get a Hero, preferably a BSB too. Ld10 re-rolled tests for cheap Hobgoblins is one of the true strengths of CDs.

Get some Wolf Riders. M9 fast cav is very nice.

Regarding magic, nuking people with magic missiles is ultimately weak; some don’t cast, the best spells get scrolled and the casualties caused are largely unimpressive, not to mention some armies simply raise the losses back. Magic that augments your troops or allows them extra movement, saves, attacks etc, is where its at 90% of the time imo.

gIL^:

Yea this list would get crushed by armies such as Lizardmen, dwarfs and orcs and goblins.

Even then i think normal armies with a decent general could win against this… i know i could.

Also chaos dwarfs arn’t about ripping apart an opponent, What makes them want to play against you a second time?

A shame people automatically think cheat when they see chaos dwarfs.

Joshmohr:

Mehh… Snag some warriors. A shooty army, is fun and all, but what do i know? Im a ork player. I like to outnumber my enemy two or three times over- But I’d replace two blunderbuss’s units with a full command of 20 warriors, and add some cannonfodder hobbos.

Thorne:

Tomb scorpians, Harpies, Gutter runners, Shades, Dark riders, Chaos chariots, Flying beasies with a half deacent mount coould rip this army to shreds. not to mention horde a half usefull warm army like a goblin army could easily whip this with fanatics spewing into your precious units of blunderbusses. I know I took on my own CD force played by a freind of mine and destroyed it utterly with a all goblin army. I agree with the sentiment above. Replacing at least half blunderbuss’s units with a full command of 20 warriors, and add some hobbos as a sheild infront of your attilery and slim down the bolt throwers to make room for deathrockets.