20 x Chaos Dwarf Warriors (hand weapon, shield, full command) - 210

15 x Chaos Dwarf Warriors (hand weapon, blunderbuss, full command) - 210

20 x Chaos Dwarf Warriors (hand weapon, shield, full command) - 210

SPECIAL

8 x Hobgoblin bolt throwers - 240

RARE

2 x Earthshaker - 220

Total models : 224 + war machine crew

Game plan: Pretty obvious, set the hobgoblins out first as a meat shield (although not getting too much in the way of line of sight for my war machines) Furthermore with the abundance of units at my disposal I can place all my hobgoblin troops down in insignificant places while my opponent is forced to put his main troops down before me so i can strategically choose where to best use my men.

Have some hobgoblins advance forward to capture/contest table quarters, depending on how combat hungry my opponent is either wait for them to come to me slowly (because of my 2 earthshakers) while destroying them with my heavy artillery. Use the hobgoblins to cause failed charges by fleeing and set up opponents for a potential 2 rounds of blunderbuss fire (including a stand and shoot) :idea or ready for a charge from my Warriors who hopefully will be supported by flank charges from remaining hobgoblins or will do next turn.

All the while the lore of fire will rain death from above and the lore of death will do its dirty work. (mabey the lore of shadow just incase i can manage to get some of the interesting spells)

Obviously a very cheesy, and some might say morally reprehensible. However this army should decimate almost any other army that one could throw at it.

What do you guys think (although this may very well be an army list that has already been done to death so i apologise if it is)

to make it less cheesy one might remove some warmachines and replace them with either more slaves or a unit of warriors, perhaps a CD hero instead of a sorcerer aswell.

Dark Haven:

With that many gobbos you’ll need the banner of slavery. Its invaluable! One good panic test could see your meat shiled fall apart. Also, stand shoot can work, but you should have some form of counter attack. I don’t think twp under sized warrior units will cut it.

A hero with gaunlets and GW or Black Hammer of Hashut would do nicely.

Malificant:

drop the chalice and take the black gem of gnar and id call it good. no one will play you twice, but it will win.

Tallhat:

Is this list meant as a tournament list or are you gonna play regular games with this?

- Tallhat

minty:

ummmm, your list is illegal, with only 2 mandatory core units when you need 3, but reay, do you plan on keeping your freinds or do you want to be labled power gamer for life:), I can smell the cheese from here

but, like dark haven said, get a banner of slavery or you’ll panic on turn 2, and thats your army gone

Tallhat:

I sure hope this is not gonna be a regular army. This list is not fair or fun at all. Sorry to say so.

- Tallhat

Lumpy:

Lol obviously I do not intend this list as a friendly list, as you said no one would play me twice.

In responce to minty my list had infact 3 core choices… so ummm its not illegal.

Furthermore if you consider my general is going to be within 12" of most of the hobgoblin units they will benifit from his ld of 9 which should be fine (unless i missunderstand the rules for using the generals leadership) and realistically speaking If the hobgoblins flee through my CD’s they will be fine because CD’s dont care about Hobgoblins and hopefully I shouldnt have that many units that can flee through eachother. however I do see your point but perhaps a battle standard bearer would be better being that (again unless my understanding of the rules is compleatly wrong) you can reroll failed psychology tests within 12" of the BSB and if hes within 12" of the general you can use the generals leadership and this should allow me (depending on how i deploy to have a 12" by 24" rectangle that either benifit from ld9 or ld9 and rerolling psychology tests.

Just 50 points for a banner is an entire unit of hobgoblins :open_mouth:

However I am working on a more fun list, I just love the idea of two earthshakers.

Tallhat:

But I can safely say taht if you plan on using 2 ES as a standard thing even in friendly games then you wont be having many of those games.

- Tallhat