[Archive] CheTralfara's Dawi Daemon-Binders Cult [Ultra-Buff Hobbos!]

CheTralfara:

So after discussing Lammasu ideas here on CDO and carefully considering the Lion chariot of the Helfs as a body basis for a Lammasu conversion, I went ahead and bought the Helfy chariot box!

Now I have begun converting 1 of the lion bodies into my Lammasu. Firstly as some people have pointed out, the lion bodies are the perfect length, but a little too thin! SO the first step was to bulk out the bodies…

Bulking him out was easy enough… First I shaved off most of the “mane”, and ALL of the saddlery. Then, I thickened him with 4 layers of my plasticard (not sure how thick my plasti-styrene plasticard is). You just need to glue the small sheet peices onto one half of the body, and then trim off the edges… then finally line-up and glue-on the second half of the body once you have achieved the right thickness. I didn’t worry about making it look perfect, because I will be putting Green Stuff over all the gaps, and using GS to smooth out the transitions.

Next was the tail… You could easily use the lion tail that comes with the model… or any other monster tail that you see fit… However, I noticed that the original Lammasu model from the bighat range, came with a morning-star-like tail…  This is the exact same tail that my Fimirs in my HeroQuest game come with!  … I have alot of Fimirs in HeroQuest, so I was able to sacrifice a tail for using on my Lammasu… Now I have the EXACT right tail from a 4th-5th edition Chaos Dwarf Lammasu! WoohoO!

Also, needed the Lammasu to stand on something so that he was in the right position for his face to be on display! So I built a horse carcass out of an undead skeleton horse, and one of the Helf horses (from the chariot).

Below are the bitz that I am using for the Wings and the Face. The face is a Rackham goblin-copter front bit… I am going to sculpt/build-up a mutant chaos dwarf/lammasu face over this bit (with green stuff).

Now for my first Chaos Dwarf SORCERER!

He is built from the notoriously ugly BFSP slayer model. He’s got himself a Powerfist (his arm was turning to stone… he needed to replace it). He will probably be the ONLY Tallhat in my army… I am so happy I was able to find a PERFECT bit for making a tallhat wizard. It comes from the Empire Wizard box set!   This model is almost finished, it just needs to have some gaps filled, and I still haven’t given him TUSKS!

Now, here is that Standard Bearer from my 1st warrior regiment… the one that every thinks is too big to stand up. … Well he was standing just fine until I dropped him… so I ultimately decided to trim down his standard just a bit (I lowered it)… I also added some horns and an eyeball bit from the spawn box. I still need to Green Stuff over the gaps!

Then here (on the Right) we have the Champion of my 1st warrior regiment… He also doubles as a Hero, because he is so BADASS!  (He just needs to be painted… the streak on his beard is only discoloration in the GS)

Also, on the Left, is a standard warrior I created out of one of the BFSP cannon crew men. I had to do A LOT of shaving. He originally had a big bucket and a strange cleaning stick.

I’ve also got SOOOOO many more things to show you… This army is HEAVILY underway… and will be finished sooner than you may realize!

Here’s a list of all the regiments/units I have underway…

CORE:

- 20 CD Warriors (hand weapons + shields)
- 20 CD Warriors (great axes)
- 20 CD Warriors (blunderbusses)
- 20 Hobgoblins (naked)
- 20 Hobgoblins (light armour + shields)
- 10 Hobgoblin Wolfriders (archers)
- 10 Hobgoblin Wolfriders (hand weapons)

SPECIAL:

- 2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers
- 20 Sneaky Gitz (champion converted from metal skaven assasin!)
- 25 Goblins (archers)
- 25 Orc Boyz (2 choppas)
- Daemonic Death Rocket
EDIT: - 10 Black Orcs!

RARE:

- Daemonic Earth Shaker (for Golden Hat!)
- 10 Bull Centaurs (Great Axes with Hero)

CHARACTERS:

- Great Taurus with Lord
- Lammasu with Sorcerer Lord
- 2 CD Sorcerers on foot
- Sorcerer in Daemon-bound Battle Suit!
(converted Ork Mega-Armour… rules count as mounted on “Ironback Boar” from Orcs book)

.nick

Ghrask Dragh:

Friggin’ awesome stuff dude!! :hat off

Lovin everything about it, cool standard, excellent heroes (the 2 with the trophies on the heads in the last pic is the coolest :)) and a sorcerer with a power fist :o you’ve got to dig that!!

Nice one my friend, another great update :cheers

Kera foehunter:

nice love the lammasu and the standard bearer

Maul:

There has been a lot of discussion on how to go about the lammasu using the lion bodies. I look forward to seeing how yours turns out.

Good luck.

clam:

Awesome stuff, Nick :hat off

And the Lammasu looks very promissing - it’s a 50x50mm base right? - I so, i think the size of it is perfect.

Think I’ll have a go on something similar too :slight_smile:

Really looking forward to see how this turns out.

Willmark:

Excellent idea on widening the body for the lammasu, that very well may go a long way towards making it look more monstrous.

Pyro Stick:

That standard bearer is epic. You warriors are turning out great as well. Very nice green stuff work.

Swissdictator:

Very nice work I must say, looking good so far.

I like the idea for the Lammasu. I can’t wait to see how it looks painted up an everything.

The BSB looks sharp, no question on what he is. :stuck_out_tongue:

The warriors look nice too, very well done. When I do my mask style, I might have to use the horn idea.

CheTralfara:

I guess I’ll keep going with this afterall :slight_smile:

UPDATES:

1st Warriors unit (20 thick)… Half of the unit is finished modelling, now in painting stages… 2nd group of 10 still have a bunch of work to go… Added a Warhammer Quest minotaur as unit filler (added a corpse cart fire brazier on top of his axe, and a chaos dwarf beard). He is supposed to be a Chaos Dwarf that messed with too much Daemon-binding, and thus mutated into an avatar of Hashut… I’m thinking about giving him dreads for hair… or even scraggly hair… I really want a 2nd WarhammerQuest Minotaur, as I have the PERFECT mask for another one… Please donate one to me somebody, please??? (I have tons of bitz, I can trade!)

Unit of Orc Slaves with Double Choppas (will be 20 thick… not finished modelling). I wanted my Orcs to look like they belong to the Chaos Dwarfs (not just ordinary Orcs), thus they use Chaos Dwarf steampunk/daemon-technology in the form of Chainswords! (if anyone thinks they are too futuristic, don’t forget that Chainswords used to be in Fantasy Khorne Armies, and he still has Juggers! they are far more complex!) I am using 2 sets of the Orc Boyz from the WH40k “Assault on Black Reach” box to make this unit. It is surprisingly easy to reposition them to fit on square bases (and turn the gun hands into additional hand weapons), but you DO need to use Green Stuff. You can buy a unit of 20 for cheaper than 1 box of 10 Boyz, from Warstore.com  

Here are the first of my 10 Blorcs (my favorite GW models). The are like Orc Chaos Warriors in my eyes… So these will be Chaos Warriors of Hashut. This is why the Boss has a BULL HELMET! (it comes from the standard). Yes it is impractically large… and thus requires a lot of repositioning for the surrounding Blorcs… but it’s worth it!!

I bought a metal (much more steampunk than the plastic) Orc DeffKopter, to convert into a Daemon-bound Gyrocopter Stand-in… I can use it in Counts-As “Dwarfs” lists… or friendly games! The head is from a Warg… it is slowly becoming a horned daemon ichor-breather though!

Making slow progress on the Lammasu and the first Bull Centaur…

Some armoured Hobbos made from LOTR Orcs… I used Flaggelant weapons to match the Warhammer scale, and my other Hobbos… I may do some work on the heads (replace them maybe)…

Some sneaky Gitz… the metal one is a Sneaky Git champion i made out of a Skaven Assassin… Now he is pure hobbo… his hood needs some more work though.

tjub:

The Assassin/NG idea for a Sneaky Git was cool! :idea

Kera foehunter:

i also like the Assassin that the best idea for the sneeky gits yet

Grimstonefire:

Great to see you’re continuing with this :cheers

I’m looking forwards to seeing how the lammasu turns out.

What parts are you using for the BC? Is that a LOTR horse?

Merchant:

Cool sneaky gitz mate, I might gonna borrow your idea :wink:

superfella:

lookin smart! the sneaky champ wins the superfella seal of approval!

CheTralfara:

Glad you all like the Gitty Sneak Champ so much! :slight_smile:

The Bull Centaur is being made from a GW warhammer “medieval horse” (which are actually really really old models!) that you can still buy as GW bitz. I bought enough to make a regiment of 10 bull centaurs… The body has been shaved of all saddlery. The legs have been shortened, and the body was widened with a sheet of plasticard. Now I am in the process of filling the gaps and thickening the body (making it more muscular and bull-like). I really wanna get one of those metal bull-centaur bodies that one company makes, for a BC hero… (but that would break my point in trying to show people you can make an entire CD army from GW miniatures… but i prolly will do it anyway!!) …

Remember, I’m still gonna make a BC Lord from an Ogre and a Great Stag… oh it will be so glorious! I could even use it as an Ogre on Rhinox, if I have the extra rare slot (but then again, it won’t be on a chariot base… so maybe not)

.nick

Ghrask Dragh:

Excellent stuff, your lammasu looks very promising as does everything else here!

The sneaky git champ is just genius (forgive me in advance for stealing that :))

I’ll be keeping an eye on that gyrocopter too

:cheers

Time of Madness:

The sneaky git is great!!! It’d be pretty easy to do a whole unit like that. The OOP dark elf assassin models would work well too!

Time of Madness

starscream:

its all lookign good so far. I too am liking the sneaky git. I wonder if you combine gutter runners, plague monks and gobbos if its possible to do a unit?

clam:

Great to see you're continuing with this :cheers

I'm looking forwards to seeing how the lammasu turns out.

Grimstonefire
I second that - can't hardly wait to see the Lammasu - and what a great idea for a Sneaky Git

Zanko:

Really like the idea with the Orc DeffKopter! :hat off

Perhaps I will also “borrow” the idea …

I´m eager to see the kopter fully painted!

:hashut