[Archive] 'Chosen of Hashut' - CD daemons/mutated

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

I finally started on my CD army, and there seems to be some progress - I can nearly field 200 points of CD now!  :o

Anyway. I’m not going to create an army based on the downloadable CD rules, but just going to create an army that I like. I was thinking a unit of mutated Chaos Dwarfs would be a very nice special choice. For their rules, I was thinking about something slayer-ish (higher T = higher S, but not just a copy of the slayer rules), armour saves through their daemonic/thick skin (6+ most probably), and a 5+ ward save (against shooting and MM), which is provided through an aura or literally wards granted by Hashut. Or so. I’m very undecided about it, but I like the idea of the figures.

The figures itself. Logically, I’m going to use the arms from the mutation sprues, one mutated arm on each figure. The other hand is just slightly converted, chopped off, very small, etc. Not necesarrily mutated, but perhaps some of them strange. For the heads, I’m going to use mutated chaos heads which I recently got along with chaos bitz for my ‘normal’ CD.

That only leaves the body itself, and I have no idea about this. I don’t think I’ll be able to just sculpt bodies on my own, so it’ll have to be (chaos) bitz. Just dwarf or BfSP bodies won’t do, since I don’t like the idea of daemons or mutated wearing armour, except for some leather clothes, perhaps. For the body, I was thinking of a Chaos Warrior body I also got with the bitz mentioned above (I believe from a previous edition, but I have no idea where to find an image of it); but that has some armour on it.

So! Any ideas or suggestions (on the body)?

Pics on the mutated heads and arms will follow, and so will a picture of the chaos bodies.

alex:

dude this sounds awesome when you say mutated are you thinking of 3rd ed stye mutated chaos thugs and warriors, because i am really down to help you out with prototypes and ideas get back to me

Baggronor:

I use possessed as Slayers in the Dwarf list. I used dwarf war machine crew bodies, as they are unarmoured. Alternatively the storm of chaos doomseekers are pretty suitable for converting (only the price put me off using them). They have braided beards which are easy to convert, then just snip off the mohawks.

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Thanks for the comment Alex :slight_smile:

I have no idea how the 3rd ed. CD’s look, although I do recognize them when I see them. I’ll have a look at SOlegends later today …

I don’t even have Doomseekers myself, as Dwarf ‘collector’, and they’re really going expensive now they aren’t available from GW anymore. The crewmen bodies are a good idea though, I’ll have a look around for them.

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Alright, 'ere we go:

These are the bodies I metioned:

Mutation arms and heads:

And possibly a weapon for them?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Ah, yes. The older Chaos Warrior parts. I like those models. Made a little obsolete by the new ones, but the new ones aren’t as variable annoyingly.

I like the idea, but I’d say unless you can balance them and find people that’d let you use them, just have them count as CD warriors. The idea for the models sounds good, but the idea has been mentioned several times before and I’ve not yet seen balanced rules appear for such a unit. Let’s see how ya do :wink:

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Ah, so they are old chaos parts? I already thought so, but couldn’t find pictures(/proof) anywhere.

How about (night) goblin bodies or so? They are quite unarmoured, and about the same size of a Dwarf …