[Archive] Christmas Window Displays!

Sojourn:

YAY! Christmas is coming… know how I know? well, for one, I own a calendar. but secondly The Bay (major department store in Canada, like, kinda higher end than Sears, etc) has done their Christmas Window Displays; usually a big thing and symbolic of the holiday season.

this year, the theme was…

FAERIES!!! yay!!! :smiley:

some of these mannequins were gorgeous and I thought I’d share. there are also some “real live” faeries later on in the pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mannequindisplay/sets/72157608718804896/

so this coupled with the snow we got yesterday, the holiday season is upon us!!! :smiley:

two_heads_talking:

wow, that looks kinda creepy. woodland creatures and christmas…

the display looks colorful though, so, that’s a bonus.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

I’m going with THT I was expecting nice happy faries :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t it a bit early for christmas (35 days)

snowblizz:

I’m either getting old or grumpy (or both, THT what are the signs?) but when the first christmas stuff surfaced in oktober I just wanted to trash it all and strangle the store’s owner…

two_heads_talking:

I'm either getting old or grumpy (or both, THT what are the signs?) but when the first christmas stuff surfaced in oktober I just wanted to trash it all and strangle the store's owner...

snowblizz
the signs for Christmas are... Thanksgiving is over, black Friday at the mall is a nightmare and all the radio stations play christmas music..

What's that? not those signs? Oh! you mean getting old and grumpy? The biggest sign to me was when I couldn't understand the lyrics to music anymore.. that was the beginning..... lol

Kera foehunter:

omg !!! those are so spookie !!it look like a goth party !!!

*kera hides behind godbob !!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

They look cool, but I wouldn’t associate them with Christmas personally. Godbob, you say that it’s a little early, but I saw them going up in late August. Do those signs mean I’m the oldest 19 year old part?

slev:

I’ve always objected to dealing with chrstmas before the 5th November. One festivity at a time.

snowblizz:

I'm either getting old or grumpy (or both, THT what are the signs?) but when the first christmas stuff surfaced in oktober I just wanted to trash it all and strangle the store's owner...

snowblizz
the signs for Christmas are... Thanksgiving is over, black Friday at the mall is a nightmare and all the radio stations play christmas music..

What's that? not those signs?  Oh! you mean getting old and grumpy?  The biggest sign to me was when I couldn't understand the lyrics to music anymore..  that was the beginning..... lol

two_heads_talking
Of course since most of the world doesn't celebrate any of those... I think I'm going to start boycotting anyone trying to push Christmas on me before December 1st.

Does heavy metal count? Because I caught something on MTV and I immediately thought, "enunciate man, being angry won't help if nobody understands what you are complaining about".

omg !!!!! those are so spookie !!it look like a goth party !!!!!
*kera hides behind godbob !!!!

Kera foehunter
It's ok Kera act happy,they don't like happy:P
They look cool, but I wouldn't associate them with Christmas personally. Godbob, you say that it's a little early, but I saw them going up in late August. Do those signs mean I'm the oldest 19 year old part?

Hashut's Blessing
August!!! thats...*Godbob gets out his calader*4 months intil Christmas :o

Swissdictator:

I’m a bachelor in college.

So Christmas shopping for me entails "Oh, it’s the 23rd. I should go to Borders or Best Buy"

At the local stores they had X-mas stuff up before Halloween.

I usually gets things that are useful (like jump drives or a wireless mouse), books, or possibly blank CDs that will no longer be blank when delivered.

two_heads_talking:

Of course since most of the world doesn't celebrate any of those... I think I'm going to start boycotting anyone trying to push Christmas on me before December 1st.

Does heavy metal count? Because I caught something on MTV and I immediately thought, "enunciate man, being angry won't help if nobody understands what you are complaining about".

snowblizz
Sorry, I can only give you my perspective from my experience.. I can't make it up and give it a European spin.. (lol) And if Christmas occurs before thanksgiving (4th thursday of Nov.) then it's too soon.

AS for heavy metal, I am ok with that, it's the death metal, guttaral screaming/barking that I can't understand.

snowblizz:

AS for heavy metal, I am ok with that, it's the death metal, guttaral screaming/barking that I can't understand.

two_heads_talking
Oh, right, death metal, it most probably was that. I've never bothered to learn the "styles" there's just music I can listen to and the stuff I don't. All decided on an individual song basis.

Hashut’s Blessing:

You wonder why I hate society, godbob?

swiss, you’re lucky. I get sodding CLOTHES! Why would a guy that plays with toy soliders like new clothes for Christmas and not toys?

Hashut's Blessing
HB I can image you in a dark room rocking with a mini in your hands and shouting when light hit's your eyes :P

two_heads_talking:

swiss, you're lucky. I get sodding CLOTHES! Why would a guy that plays with toy soliders like new clothes for Christmas and not toys?

Hashut's Blessing
so he doesn't have to stand at the gaming table and feel a draft at his nether region? clothes first, then toys.. that's the rules..

Swissdictator:

HB: I also get some Warhammer stuff usually. :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Toys protect nether region. Besides, I think the land of Nether is called Holland these days :wink:

Besides, I already have manes matted into clothular shapes to protect me.

Godbob, as it happens, I do cry out when my eyes come into contact with light :wink: They’re very light-sensitive, which means I see well in the dark :stuck_out_tongue:

Godbob, as it happens, I do cry out when my eyes come into contact with light ;) They're very light-sensitive, which means I see well in the dark :P

Hashut's Blessing
Oh sorry

you just had to ruin the fun:P

Kera foehunter:

sodding clothes??? you get chothes made form sod

i guess your on the naughty list !!!

hb your a bad boy!!