[Archive] Citadel Finecast - Huh?

Xander:

What is this?  Are there any rumours?  Is this about them replacing metal with resin?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=16400050a

gIL^:

Wow that is interesting ( and probably expensive! )

Wonder what they are going to show!

inkpwn:

Oooohhhhhh mysterious. I’m on the edge of my seat.

gIL^:

Taking From Warseer

Courtesy of forthegloryofkazadekrund for posting this in the forums

& gift for geeks(.co.uk) website, for posting this list.

I made this list as a summary for the new Finecast System.

I am going to update this post with other countries costs as soon as I figure them all out.

As you can see its a increase in prices across the board. Bare in mind that many of these miniatures may be redone in the near future. And some have different multiples in boxes (Treekin are now 3 in a box it seems)

Rumoured Additions

Originally Posted by Darkblade89

my contribution to this rumour: i know from a semi-reliable source that there will be a lot more finecast coming, including larger monsters/models that are currently metal. example mentioned by this source: DE hydra. (this one would already be discontinued in metal production but is not part of first batch of finecast models)

To Do.

- Euro

- USD (ADDED)

- AUD (ADDED)

- Canadian Dollar (?)

- Links

- Colour!

NON-GBP PRICES ARE NOT OFFICIAL. They are my based off existing bands and my predictions when there is no current price band

Chaos

CHAOS EXALTED HERO £9.50/$15USD/$25AUD

CHAOS KHORNE EXALTED HERO £10.50/$16.50USD/$28AUD

ARCHAON THE EVERCHOSEN £30.00/$49.50USD/$83AUD

CHAOS LORD ON DAEMONIC MOUNT £22.50/$37.25USD/$62AUD

CHAOS DRAGON OGRE SHAGGOTH £36.00/$50USD/$96AUD

Empire

EMPIRE CAPTAIN WITH HAMMER & PISTOL £9.50/$15USD/$25AUD

LUDWIG SCHWARZHELM £22.50/$37.25USD/$62AUD

KURT HELBORG £22.50/$37.25USD/$62AUD

Wood Elves

ELF HIGHBORN WITH GREAT WEAPON £9.50/$15USD/$25AUD

WOOD ELVES TREE KIN £30.00/$49.50USD/$83AUD

ORION KING IN THE WOODS £22.50/$37.25USD/$62AUD

WOOD ELVES TREEMAN £36.00/$50USD/$96AUD

Dwarfs

DWARF LORD WITH HAMMER & SHIELD £9.50/$15USD/$25AUD

DWARF RUNELORD WITH GREAT WEAPON £9.50/$15USD/$25AUD

THOREK IRONBROW £36.00/$50USD/$96AUD

DWARF GYROCOPTER £23.00/$41.25USD/$65AUD

DWARF BOLT THROWER £23.00/$41.25USD/$65AUD

Skaven

SKAVEN WARLORD £9.50/$15USD/$25AUD

QUEEK HEADTAKER £10.50/$16.50USD/$28AUD

DEATHMASTER SNIKCH £10.50/$16.50USD/$28AUD

SKAVEN WARPLOCK JEZZAILS £30.00/$49.50USD/$96AUD

Vampire Counts

VAMPIRE LORD £9.50/$15USD/$25AUD

VAMPIRE COUNTS VARGHULF £21.50/$35USD/$55AUD

COUNT MANNFRED £22.50/$37.25USD/$62AUD

VAMPIRE COUNTS BLOOD KNIGHTS £61.50/$105USD/$155AUD

Orcs and Goblins

GRIMGOR IRONHIDE £10.50/$16.50USD/$28AUD

BLACK ORC BIG BOSS £10.50/$16.50USD/$28AUD

GOBLIN SPEAR CHUKKA £18.50/$30USD/$50AUD

SAVAGE ORC GREAT SHAMAN ON WAR BOAR £15.50/$24.75USD/$41AUD

ORC WARBOSS ON WYVERN £40.00/$103AUD

GOBLIN ROCK LOBBER £23.00/$41.25USD/$65AUD

GORBAD IRONCLAW £30.00/$49.50USD/$83AUD

AZHAG THE SLAUGHTERER £55.00/$140AUD

High Elves

CARADRYAN £10.50/$16.50USD/$28AUD

Dark Elves

DARK ELF ASSASSIN WITH TWO HAND WEAPONS £9.50/$15USD/$25AUD

Beastmen

MALAGOR THE DARK OMEN £12.50/$19.75USD/$33AUD

Daemons

SKULLTAKER £14.50/$25USD/$35AUD

FLAMERS OF TZEENTCH £15.50/24.75USD/$41AUD

Bretonnians

THE GREEN KNIGHT £22.50/$37.25USD/$62AUD

KING LOUEN LEONCOEUR £30.00/$49.50USD/$83AUD

Lizardmen

KROQ GAR £40.00/$103AUD

Dark Elves

DARK ELVES REAPER BOLT THROWER £18.50/$30USD/$41AUD

Resin minis of our current minis thats all it seems, Price rise!! YAY!

Thommy H:

Yeah, it’s the new resin that’s going to replace metal. See, metal prices are too high, so they’re phasing it out as a material so costs won’t be prohibitively high. And, because resin is allegedly more detailed, they can also increase the cost of the end product so it’s prohibitively high.

Wait…what?

gIL^:

Yeah, it's the new resin that's going to replace metal. See, metal prices are too high, so they're phasing it out as a material so costs won't be prohibitively high. And, because resin is allegedly more detailed, they can also increase the cost of the end product so it's prohibitively high.

Wait...what?

Thommy H
It is frickin sick, It's cheaper to produce so they increase the price?!

It would of been a great day if they decrease the price by only a pound for each product, The items would fly off the shelves!

Thommy H:

I think GW shot themselves in the foot by pretending for all these years that resin was a more costly material than metal. On such shoddy foundations is Forge World built, and people pay more because they think they’re getting a more exclusive product. They aren’t. They never have been. But now GW have had to go to resin because metal is so expensive, they can’t very well turn around and explain that - so they have to pretend it’s for aesthetic reasons, and charge more, otherwise they’ll cannibalise Forge World.

Life is hilarious!

Necrotique:

There’s no way I’m paying more for a single normal-scale model than I am for an entire battalion. This is truly disgusting. :mad

:cheers

Thommy H:

Haha, I’ve just looked at some of the prices for the first time. Who the hell is going to pay £30 for one cavalry model? Who’s going to pay £60 for a unit of five models? This is a massive, massive misstep.

warh:

This will be your first chance to see, touch and buy Citadel Finecast miniatures.
I like this part ;P buy buy buy!

It really sounds like a way to steal money x.x
I wont buy any expensive recasts, this is one of the most stupid thing i've seen!

Lord Archaon:

If we look at this from the other side - Forge World models became a bit cheaper comparing to GW main line of models. :wink: So if i will be buing (doubtly i will in near future however  :)) a model from GW i’ll be buying chaos dwarfs from Forge World instead. 1 resin cavalery model from GW or ten CD from FW is a easy thing to choose, don’t you think? :wink:

Pyro Stick:

If we look at this from the other side - Forge World models became a bit cheaper comparing to GW main line of models. ;) So if i will be buing (doubtly i will in near future however  :)) a model from GW i'll be buying chaos dwarfs from Forge World instead. 1 resin cavalery model from GW or ten CD from FW is a easy thing to choose, don't you think? ;)

Lord Archaon
lol i was just about to say this. An army of warhammer forge chaos dwarfs is starting to look like a good deal.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I thought that this was just a hideous rumour - The One Ring has been talking about this for a couple of months now…

It means one thing: people will stop buying and then GW will be forced to eventually drop prices due to a business slump that has been coming for some time.

starscream:

Just to be on the safe side theres a price increase on plastics in June too:

also from Warseer…

All black library books to go up £1.

£50 battleforces to go up to £60.

£4 for all “rhino based” tanks.

£3 onto each of the codex

£3 onto every boxed set of troops which was under £20 previously.

£1 to all guard tanks.

£5 to tyranid warriors (This is my personal favorite.)

Fantasy

Most battalions up £10, some up by £5. (Brets and wood elves?)

Most army books up £3

Nearly every core infantry box which was about £18 bumped up to £20.

Nearly all elite infantry - £25.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Actually, battalions appear to be up by more. The Tomb Kings one is £70.

starscream:

Yeah but they give you another 8 old style skellies for your £20!

This might just be the final nail for me.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Many people haven’t been buying directly from GW for a long time. This is likely GW’s last nail.

EDIT: I doubt GW will go bust over this, but they are certainly scaring people off at an alarming rate.

inkpwn:

Well I’m out. A box of miniatures of that quality is not worth four hours work.

Pyro Stick:

Army books up by £3? I already thought they were overpriced and the only way i could justify buying them is off of wayland games at £18 and the fact that they are hardbacks now which is nice. Still, i could buy a 1000 page hardback book for less. I think im officially done buying new models as well, apart from the occasional chaos dwarf.

Thorne:

Games workshop just make the rules. The fact that we don’t buy the models from them won’t hurt does it? The only time I see myself buying a games workshop product is another big bag of gretchin from eBay :wink: the only armies I really like are already covered by mantic and greenstuff modification any how’s and at the moment I’m sculpting egg’so armour squats any way so the question is will be will this be a sad day for games workshop when the main target audience the 12 year old child and his father or mother with cash to burn ( in this economy I doubt it) buy a ruckoad of stuff for timmy’s blood Angels cause they are pree teen vampire wannabe with wings ?