[Archive] Civil War? Current White Dwarf

blackwolf.scortch:

Questions for anyone who has the current WD (385?), do the civil war rules look worth it? I know it’s only part 1 of 3, but i’m not a regular purchaser of WD anymore so would like peoples opinions. Or does it mention that it would be available on the website eventually?

And then a general question for everyone. What do you think is the likelihood of armed conflict betwen different CD factions/cities/etc. Personally i can see diferent warbands vying for the favour of their Sorcerer, but don’t know if it would get to open warfare. Sorcerers/cities could compete for resources and maybe raid each others slave pens or conduct industrial espionage/theft, but again would be rare to conduct open war. At least in my opinion.

wallacer:

Sounds like it would be a lot of fun for my Skaven army, actually.

I’m glad you posted this, i’d never even heard of these civil war rules until just now.

AGPO:

I think a Chaos Dwarf civil war sounds quite likely. The Sorcerers seem to me to be a lot like the heads of great families/houses from our own histories, and there was no shortage of internal conflict between them!

blackwolf.scortch:

I think a Chaos Dwarf civil war sounds quite likely. The Sorcerers seem to me to be a lot like the heads of great families/houses from our own histories, and there was no shortage of internal conflict between them!

AGPO
So true. :cheers

Now I have strange visions of the Flying Fortress fron BitB floating over blasted plains/mines and Sorcerers vying with each other to claim it.:)

ryanamandaanna:

I have my doubts that they will make CD specific rules; once they are all out, it may be beneficial for us to knock some ideas around and make a CD table…

Abecedar:

sounds good, I was already building alliances between clans into my fiction story line, so i like the idea

Kera foehunter:

Now your trying making me go get the wd

but this would be a good fight !! l

ChungEssence:

It’s a pretty good issue overall I found. The civil War section is only quite small. (say 8 pages or so, possibly less). With a race like Chaos Dwarfs I can definitely see some infighting. A ‘slave revolt’ would also be a Chaos Dwarf Civil War imo.

It explains how it’s for the same faction internal battles. Across the issues there are 2d6 tables for all the races that you roll on and add the conditions. I like it. For example for the Beastmen one is that all units have the ambush rule. I doubt very much there will be a CD specific one. I’m very curious what the dwarf vs dwarf rules will be. A 7 on every table is you take an extra condition. I can’t off the top of my head remember what factions were included in the current issue besides Beastmen and Vampire Counts.

Thommy H:

Beastmen, Vampire Counts, Ogres and Lizardmen. I might give some thought to a Chaos Dwarf table.

blackwolf.scortch:

Succumbed on way home from work, will read it after dinner. Bring on the fighting.