[Archive] Classic dwarfs to handweapons?

Chico22:

Hi guys

I have been working on my classic chaos dwarf army for some time and I noticed I really don’t have any models with “handweapon & shields” as all the classics (4th-5th ed plastics and metal warriors) either have a great weapon or a blunderbuss.

Does anybody have an idea how I could convert some of them to “handweapon & shield”?

Abecedar:

most 4th Ed’ stalwarts have the normal warriors ( they do have large axes I admit) with shields. the biggest problem is fitting them on 20mm bases with the shields added. I use mine as warriors with great weapons just as a preference for WYSIWYG.

Chico22:

most 4th Ed' stalwarts have the normal warriors ( they do have large axes I admit) with shields. the biggest problem is fitting them on 20mm bases with the shields added. I use mine as warriors with great weapons just as a preference for WYSIWYG.

Abecedar
Yes, I too use my warriors with great weapons for WYSIWYG's sake but i'd like to field some with handweapon shield, so the axe should be smaller, the problem with that is that the under side of the axe is sculpted to the model and you have to cut up half the model to remove it. I was wondering if someone had a simple idea to convert some of them to handweapons in a less destructive way.

I don't really have a problem with basing them. I remove the slot-thingy under the model and then put it on the base. In this way my unit lines up properly.

Kera foehunter:

Are we talking these guys I don’t know version numbers

if so i would cut off the bottom of the ax a little below the right hand.

then add a version 5 dwarf ax or maybe an chaos warrior ax

then put a shield in the right hand or on you can keep the ax and ad a shield to his back

cornixt:

The huge scale of the plastic CDs is such that even regular axe taken from another model will look tiny, I’ve tried it myself.

You could remove the hand holding the big axe and put a shield over the damage, then squeeze the small axe into his left hand

Chico22:

Thanks for the reactions. I’ll try all the suggestions.