[Archive] Commisions

WarplockMonkey:

Well folks, as all of you may know, the new Lizardmen are out in Feb, and after Christmas, i seem to be strapped for moohlah…

Would anybody be interested in any commisisons? I am happy totackle any challege, be it a single model, or a regiment, for Warhammer or 40K, but being posted on a Chaos Dwarf site, id be more than happy to do some Chaos Dwarf stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

If anyone is interested, you could either post on this thread, or PM me :hat off

Many Thanks!

- Warplock:cheers

GRNDL:

Heh heh heh…

… and to think that a method of breaking Warplock’s soul and spirit would just pop into my hands this easily. Muahhahahhah!!

WarplockMonkey:

…and what is THAT GRNDL? raises eyebrow

- Warplock

GRNDL:

Why? To put you through sculpting HELL!! Muahahhah!! Muahahhhah!!

What sort of price ranges are we looking at here?

WarplockMonkey:

Why? To put you through sculpting HELL!! Muahahhah!! Muahahhhah!!

What sort of price ranges are we looking at here?

GRNDL
Sculpting hell? HAH, i laugh heartily at your challenge!

ANd it depends on the size of the model, the amount of time i spend on it, and the location of the buyer (for postage etc)

- Warplock

GRNDL:

And that information doesn’t really go very far to someone perhaps thinking of a comission, now, does it? Can you give some examples?

WarplockMonkey:

Well, for ones iv done in the past…

I did two man sized models for £30, so that works out at £15 each, so man sized-ish models are £15 - £20 depending on how much work will haveto go on them…

I did a Nurgle Herald for £30, so ogre sized-ish models rage from £25-£40 once again based on the amount of work put in

And the bane of my life, a Karios Fateweaver i did for £90, took me blinking ages though!

- Warplock

Hashut’s Blessing:

See, even before the prices were posted, I was thinking “I would if I knew what I wanted and could actually afford it” :P. I’ll see how much I can scrabble together :smiley:

starscream:

I reckon I’d be interested Warplock. I take it by the £ signs you are in UK?

Any chance of some more piccys of your work? I dont have any custom stuff other than my own. As tasty as I am with plasticard I cant sculpt to save my life.

WarplockMonkey:

starscream - Why aye boss i be :wink:

And if you want to have a look at my work, i have a blog going on on another forum, make sure to look on the higher numbered pages to see my newest work :wink:

OOOH SHINEY

- Warplock

two_heads_talking:

I still look at your stuff on the ogre stronghold, although I don’t post much there.

starscream:

totally forgot about this thread…

By the “why aye” phrase, you arent in the North East are you Warplock?

I’m in Gateshead, this could be handy. I wouldnt mind a Sarpedon mini (chapter master for the Soul Drinkers).

WarplockMonkey:

starscream - Haha! I marvell at your national lingo knowledge!

Im actually from East Yorkshire…ever heard of a little town called Driffield?

And whats a ‘Sarpedon mini (chapter master for the Soul Drinkers)’ ? :stuck_out_tongue:

- Warplock

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Looky: Sarpedon - Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum

starscream:

Yeah I’ve heard of Driffield. Couldnt tell you anything about it though.

As the link says, Sarpedon is a Librarian of the Soul Drinkers marine chapter. He would look like an ornate librarian spider-centaur. One of his front legs is robotic but I’d have to check which.

I have been painting a Soul Drinkers army for the last year but havent been brave enough to attempt a Sarpedon conversion.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I could;ve told ya you’re from Yorkshire :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was wondering how you felt about using a REALLY old picture as the basis for a sculpt, but updated to be in line (perfectly) with the current proportions and styles?

WarplockMonkey:

starscream: Well matey boy i think i could have a damn good crack at it…any pictures i can use as reference? I am completely 40k ignorant :stuck_out_tongue:

HB: Aye i can…well i can try my best…what do you have in mind?

- Warplock

starscream:

I dont think theres been any official artwork of Sarpedon as he looks now, the Soul Drinker novel showed him pre-mutation.

I’ve been looking around the net and have found some fan made images: