[Archive] Community Awards- 2012(1)

Willmark:

For the 6th time in the history of CDO its time to take a step back and consider those that have contributed to the cause of Chaos Dwarfs in the year just past, 2012 namely. For those not in the know, every January we look back at the year gone by and start accepting nominations for awards as voted by the members of Chaos Dwarfs Online.

At stake is the recognition of your fellows and the 2012 community award medals (yet to be created… hint, hint Xander). These medals are  one of the most coveted medals that one can win as it is voted on entirely by your peers based on your conduct on the site. No other medal on the site is dependent on your actions and standing amongst your peers. As such only 5 are given out in one calendar year.

So with all this now is the time to get your nominations in.  REMEMBER: As in years past this is only for achievements in the year 2012. Anything that has been achieved in years past other than 2012 is not counted for nominations.

The categories for 2012 are unchanged from previous years and are as follows:

Best Attitude - A member should be nominated on their forum presence and behavior toward other members, displaying exemplary attitudes of kindness and encouragement.

Best General - This member is always ready to give advice on army lists, has very good lists of his own, and perhaps has won a tournament or two using his Chaos Dwarf army.

Best Hobbyist -A nominee for this award has contributed an amazing model, or models that exemplifies what a Chaos Dwarf army should look like: flawless execution of conversion and painting while adhering to the Chaos Dwarf mythos.

Best Contributor - This award will go the member that has contributed most to the cause of the Chaos Dwarfs.  He or she has done or made something that has profoundly benefited the presence of Chaos Dwarfs as a whole!

Best Overall Member - This member may not be the best hobbyist, might not ever win a tournament, but he or she has a great presence on the site, the forum, the wiki, the chat and whatever else!  They are dedicated to the cause of the Chaos Dwarfs!

What to nominate for?

I encourage you to supply the reason for your nominations.  If you can’t think of who to nominate for a category, do some research.  If you don’t know who the best general should be for example, take a look at the Gaming section of the forum. Who’s been posting battle reports, tactic and helping others with army lists? These should help you come up with a nominee.

How to Nominate

PM your nominations to Staff (a special user that all Staff have access to).  

NOTE: You can only nominate one person per category. If you can’t decide which one, flip a coin!

Nominations should include this:

Award Name

Member Name

The contribution that should be recognized and why they should be recognized.

As in the past the nominations will be tallied and ranked.  The top 3 members for each category will then be sent a pm asking them to accept or reject their nomination. If they accept they will then become an official nominee.

If a member rejects the nomination it will be offered to the person with the 4th highest votes, and so on.  This may mean if a lot of people reject nominations, or there are not enough people nominated in a category there may only be 1 or 2 people to vote for (or potentially none).

If a person does not reply to the pm we will work on the assumption that they want it and it will automatically be accepted on the behalf of the Staff.

We will not tell people how many other nominees there are, nor will we reveal who the nominees are prior to the next post that announces the official voting.

The final nominees’ names will then be prepared in separate polls for all to vote on beginning in February.  After this there will be a 2 week public poll to decide the winners.

Deadlines:

The deadline for sending in nominations is 11:59 PM EST (eastern standard time) February 5th, 2013. This gives a solid 2 weeks to get nominations in and prepare the polls.

Exempt Members

Note, any members with warnings outstanding will not be given the opportunity to accept a nomination. We will not discuss any of this with the community at large as this is only pertinent to the Staff and the member(s) in question.

The Staff CAN be nominated, HOWEVER, they must not be nominated for their staff-related duties.  For example, Willmark could be nominated for his work on “X”, but not for being excellent at moderating the forums.  This way we are all on fair ground.  We are dealing with what we offer the forum as members, not as staffers.

If you have any questions, just ask any of the Staffers!  Send your nominations in as soon as you can!

WM

Kera foehunter:

Ok guys lets get going !! WE have a few more days to nomination a few of our fellow members

I turn my in.

LETS GO

DAGabriel:

Didn`t know that we should make it puplic, mine were sent in days ago!

Kera foehunter:

lol you don’t… I just bump the thread so that people will be reminded.

Because i will forget about stuff here and then it will be to late to vote :frowning:

Bolg:

Thanx for bumping, I totally missed this thread (:

Blackspine:

So many candidates…

Bolg:

I’ve send in a few suggestions. Looking forward to the end result (:

Kera foehunter:

Bump bump

you have 24 hours

11:59 PM EST (eastern standard time) February 5th, 2013

for those of you who waits for the minute here you go

Willmark:

Ok so I’m now going through the nominations. I’ll then be sending out PMs to those nominated to see if they accept.

Kera foehunter:

cool, you should have lots of spar time to do it. Being that your going to be snowed in  this week end :slight_smile:

good luck !!with the snow your going to get

Time of Madness:

We ended up with the worst storm since 2008 in Southern Ontario! The snow banks are massive at the moment, spend most of yesterday shovelling.

Time of Madness

Willmark:

Yeah I’ve got the nominations together now and I’ll try yo send them tonight.

Willmark:

OK after a bit of a delay nomination acceptance PMs are going out now.

DAGabriel:

Bump! And something to vote on?

Willmark:

Sorry RL has been keeping me rather busy lately. I have all the nominations together we just need to get the posts up.

Willmark:

Ok had a quick moment and now all poll are up and will run 14 days for each.
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=73

EDIT: And on a personal note why do I always seem to go head to head against Kera on these things??? :S

DAGabriel:

CDO`s dream pair?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Willmark:

Well, we are both married, but not to each other.

I’m quite sure world domination would ensue with our Dawi Zharr offspring, but the lesser races are spared from such a fate.

Kera foehunter:

Ok had a quick moment and now all poll are up and will run 14 days for each.
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=73

EDIT: And on a personal note why do I always seem to go head to head against Kera on these things???? :S

Willmark
A Real gentleman would step down and let me win..:hat off
seeing that I'm a frail woman .With no chances of taking on the dark Lord and winning.
come on dad let me win

Hashut’s Blessing:

Just so you all know, I walked into Vader last weekend (literally bumped him) and he apologised to me. Proof that Willmark is my underling.

Kera, we all know that I am no mere gentleman, but rather a true roughdwarf :stuck_out_tongue: