[Archive] Community Awards 2016 - Voting

Bloodbeard:

A big thank you to all the members of this community, who’ve taken time to nominate their fellow Dawi Zharr for awards. We’ve have a lot of different people nominated in the different categories (except Best General). So thank you all for that!

How to vote?
To keep us all in suspense - PM your votes to Staff (a special user that all Staff have access to).  

NOTE: You can only vote for one person per category. If you can’t decide which one, flip a coin! You can vorte for the same person for different categories.

Portfolio Post
Given the nature of the awards,  members are welcome to make a ‘2016 summary post’ in the thread. Highlighting the best blog projects, count their number of games played, link their battle report section etc. It will not be counting as unsportsly or against the rules.

Deadlines:
The deadline for sending in votes is 11:59 PM EST (eastern standard time) February 9th, 2017. This gives a solid 2 weeks to check out blogs and threads, and to get votes in.

On behalf of all CDO Staff

// Bloodbeard

Malorndk:

Portfolio post - 2016 summary

Without any precedence to copy, I’ll keep this post formal and to the point. I have been nominated for best general and contributor.

I can’t say for sure but I think the Best General nomination is due to my in depth battle report on this 14.000 POINTS LEGENDARY BATTLE

I believe my Best Contributor nomination comes from my completion of PROJECT BANNERS, but it might also have been the preparation for a fore mentioned Legendary Battle, that some said was a good progress blog to understand how to prepare campaigns, scenario and big games generally. It had terrain and objective building tutorials, fluff section and a huge scenario pack with rule changes to make the battle memorable. It starts on page 1 in THIS THREAD

If this is not what was meant with a portfolio post, Staff or mod are free to delete or edit at will. Thanks for the nominations.

Bloodbeard:

If this is not what was meant with a portfolio post, Staff or mod are free to delete or edit at will. Thanks for the nominations.

Malorndk
It is excatly what we mean. Good post MalornDK. Good work. And you nailed your own nomination reasons. :hat off

TheHoodedMan:

I made a post in my army blog and my votes are in!

Thx to all you guys for keeping this forum alive and to the Mods and Admins, especially Bloodbeard in this case, for doing all the hidden work.

Carcearion:

Portfolio post - 2016 summary

Well to go ahead and steal MalornDK’s format :hat off

I have been nominated for best contributor.

I can only imagine I was nominated for my work creating medals for the site (to include Yearly Award Medals, a back log of missing Scribe Medals, The Dark Apostle, and my personal favorite being the invention and creation of The Golden Fuggit) and for my Chaos Dwarf Name Generator which I am quite proud of (but I don’t mind repeating here that Cornixt and Admiral where linchpin contributors to this project!), me and random name generators go way back and I feel very confident in saying this is probably the best Chaos Dwarf Random Name Generator to be found on the web (lol because its basically the only one).

I also just wanted to say thanks to everyone who nominated me, it feels like a big honor to even be in the running.

:cheers

Slavemaster Hod:

I have been nominated for Best Hobbyist.

I assume it has to do with my “Hod finally paints his Chaos Dwafs” Army Blog, unless one of you has been peeking in my window and watching all the other Hobby things I do - and in that case, it must be for my life-sized cheese sculptures of the Married With Children cast.

You can check out my Chaos Dwarf Army Blog here: Hod finally paints his Chaos Dwarfs . But you’ll have to come to my place to see the cheese sculptures.

I remain,

Hod

(Forgive me, I’ve been watching too much Black Sails)

Fuggit Khan:

I’m glad to see so many members made it the the vote :cheers

But I’m a bit confused how a sneaky git Hobgoblin was picked as Best Attitude "displaying exemplary attitudes of kindness and encouragement"

Oh wait. Now I remember. Watch your back.

:hashut

Malorndk:

my life-sized cheese sculptures of the Married With Children cast.

Cheesemaster Hod
Ahahahaha! I got flashback to the legendary 4chan thread, where people shared computer set-ups, and the ultimate creeper guy begins to share pictures of his laptop surrounded by homemade, fullsized, erotic pig-women xD It's hysterical <3

Open this in a new tap and enjoy the spectacle

Slavemaster Hod:

Ahahahaha! I got flashback to the legendary 4chan thread, where people shared computer set-ups, and the ultimate creeper guy begins to share pictures of his laptop surrounded by homemade, fullsized, erotic pig-women xD It's hysterical <3

Malorndk
Those kids are going to have some interesting stories to tell their therapists when they grow up.

Pappa Midnight:

Hi all,

I’ve been nominated for the Best Hobbyist. First of all I would like to thank whoever never nominated me, it is much appreciated. I have really enjoyed converting and painting my Chaos Dwarf Army and they are definitely my favourite minis to work on.

For any one who hasn’t seen my collection ( so far) you can find my Chaos Dwarf Army Work In Progress blog here

Regards

PM

Bloodbeard:

Cheesemaster Hod

Malorndk
You have been in some creepy areas of the internet Malorn! :o

Bloodbeard:

Remember to cast your votes gentlemen!

Willmark:

Cheesemaster Hod

Malorndk
You have been in some creepy areas of the internet Malorn! :o

Bloodbeard
This threat sure took an odd turn...

Malorndk:

It wasn’t done to derail the thread, but I just remembered that mess of a thread and had to share. It isn’t often that I get a chance to share that one so I had to seize the opportunity when it presented it self. Sorry about the derail (and to anyone did not find the link as absurdly funny as I did xD )

Slavemaster Hod:

My votes are in. Some hard decisions were made, but in the end - as always - I went with the deranged cacklings of my heart.

Fuggit Khan:

Malorndk
Some people really love bacon.

Darkmeer:

Malorndk
Some people really love bacon.

Fuggit Khan
Or they have an old-school D&D Cartoon Orc fetish... (shuddering) x.x

Malorndk:

I’m responsible for derailing this…

My votes are in however!

Jackswift:

Portfolio Post - 2016 Summary

As have others, I will follow the succinct efficient summary format that MalornDK posted.

I was nominated for the Best Overall Member, an honor in light of the strong membership of this community. I can only say that it is great to be one part of this community filled with enthusiastic and supportive individuals who through their time and effort, put forward ideas, concepts, artwork about all that is CD, encourage the efforts of each other, support and administer this site, the contests, etc. all which makes this such an amazing community. The body of work, art, and writing put out by this community is amazing as is the support behind it.

For reference to any who would like to take a look, some of my work and contributions this year can be seen in the linked threads:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16123

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16644

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16535

Thank you for the nomination! Cheers, -Jackswift-

Malorndk:

Back to the top. Get the last votes in <3