[Archive] Competitive Chaos Dwarfs

Castellan:

Hi everyone. Now, I need help on making a competitive, hard to kill 1000 point Chaos Dwarf list. Any advice is helpful, C and C are appreciated. Mainly one that can handle mass amounts of troops. Thanks. :slight_smile:

-Castellan

gIL^:

I found block of 27 IG with GW ranked 7x4 with a Castellan Very effective, Plus 2 Rockets with a daemonsmith inbetween with the rest being Hobgob Chaff. This 1000pt list is effective and has fighty shooty and magic in one well rounded and hard to kill army with a punch also.

gIL^:

Here is My list for you to look at.

Daemonsmith With Enchanted shield

Castellan with Great weapon and shield.

27 IG with full command

20 Hobgob bowmen with shields and musician

2 deathshriekers

Digital Ruin:

Here is the list I would run at 1000 pts. While you could consider opting for another Magma Cannon (great against troops) instead of the Death Shrieker, I believe this change would severely hamper the ability of this army to hurt heavily armored troops/monsters.

1000 Pts - Chaos Dwarfs Roster

Daemonsmith Sorcerer (130 pts) - Level 2 Upgrade

Hobgoblin Khan (60 pts) - Wolf, Spear, Light Armour, Shield

Hobgoblins Cutthroats x20 (122 pts) - Bow, Shield, Musician, Standard Bearer

Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard x25 (320 pts) - Musician, Standard Bearer

Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon (145 pts)

Deathshrieker Death Rocket (100 pts)

Chico:

Here is the list I would run at 1000 pts. While you could consider opting for another Magma Cannon (great against troops) instead of the Death Shrieker, I believe this change would severely hamper the ability of this army to hurt heavily armored troops/monsters.

1000 Pts - Chaos Dwarfs Roster

Daemonsmith Sorcerer (130 pts) - Level 2 Upgrade

Hobgoblin Khan (60 pts) - Wolf, Spear, Light Armour, Shield

Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard x25 (320 pts) - Musician, Standard Bearer

Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon (145 pts)

Deathshrieker Death Rocket (100 pts)

Digital Ruin
Hmmm that is quite a nice list, may want to give the Cutthroats Musicians thou.

Castellan:

Thanks for the advice, guys! :slight_smile: Digital ruin, the list seems great, I have most of it, and I will be willing to test it out. Just a question-I’m a little iffy on Khans, what role would he play?

-Castellan

Chico:

The Khan would make a nice little Speed Bump/detour unit or charge him into a unit with a wizard and direct all his attacks onto said Wizard. Granted your’ll lose your Khan but at such a small game you opponent losing his Wizard for 60pts is well worth it.

gIL^:

Dubbed Hobgoblin Rocket. Rocket him at wizards or warmachine. It’s possible he won’t targeted and if so a round of shooting against a disposable character.

Wifstrand:

Castellan with Great weapon and shield.

gIL^
Why is this?
The rule concerning special close combat weapon (ie, anything that isn't a hand weapon) on p. 89 renders the shield pointless in close combat. As far as I see it, and I may be wrong, the shield is more or less only useful if the Castellan in case is on hid own outside a unit and shot at or targeted by magic.