[Archive] Complete Video Guide to Converting BFSP Hobgoblins!

clam:

Once again a great live tutorial :hat off.

I will have to try this out myself. And yes it would be nice with some closeup pic along the way!

Lord Darkash:

Will you do something similar for a Nemo inspired sneeky gitz vid?

Xander:

The process to make the hobgoblin would be very much the same. But, I could do a single variant video possibly. Pictures are pretty sufficient however for such an amendment.

Hammerhand:

Way cool as usual xander! Every time I watch one of your videos I want to convert loads of models, but they’re not here yet. Arrggghh, Waiting for items to come from E bay is the worst thing in the world!

Incidently, your video reminded me, I have a top tip when pinning plastics:

I use the pointed end of a dress making pin for my pins. I make the pin slightly longer than I need, heat the flat(!) end up until it glows yellow/white using a pair of modelling pliers and a lighter/gas pen torch thingy and then push the pin ito the hole firmly (still using the pliers to hold it!). The pin melts the plastic and sticks firmly without the need for glue. I then add a little glue to the hole (and surfacing if sticking parts together)in the other part, and force the parts together. The pointed end of the pin holds the pieces firmly together while the glue dries.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Great video…but I wish you wouldn’t use that utillity knife! It scares me! Use it for cutting open boxes! :wink:

Also, for pinning, try to match the drilled hole with the size of the pin. That way the plastic part won’t fall over. For example, if you’re pinning with the typical sewing pin, drill the hole using a #70 pin drill. That should ensure a tight fit so the upper part of the body won’t tip over.

demi_morgana:

great work!!!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

jackelow:

That is awesome! Nice work!!!:slight_smile:

Xander:

That is awesome! Nice work!!!:)

jackelow
Thanks. :)

I am glad you found the videos helpful. :)

agbren:

Your conversion guide is wonderful, Xander! Thank you for sharing your talent with us. I converted my first Hobbo using your method with my old BFSP goblins and some gnoblar feet. He looks great!

agbren:

Your conversion guide is wonderful, Xander! Thank you for sharing your talent with us. I converted my first Hobbo using your method with my old BFSP goblins and some gnoblar feet. He looks great!

kingeamonn:

Really inspiring

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.