[Archive] Converted Infernal Ironsworn

GeneralKale:

Hi Guys,

This is my first attempt at using greenstuff and so not to do things by halves. I’ve decided to do 2000pts worth of a TOC CD army using only converted or kit bashed models! So, here’s the Infantry contingent of the army so far, some Infernal Ironsworn:

C&C welcomed!

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

vulcanologist:

Really good first attempt. It’s tricky to use but just keep practicing!

cornixt:

For a first attempt, it looks really good. How are you planning on making these different from regular Infernal Guard?

Grimstonefire:

Seeing as they have magical weapons you could just paint those differently.

GeneralKale:

Cheers for the comments guys.

As a theme, I’m putting horns on the helmets of all Special and Rare choices, with the Infernal Guard then having no horns and being open faced.

Once my GW paint and spray order has arrived, I’ll get painting and post some more pics of these guys.

JonJon:

love your work

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Abecedar:

Ambitious there my boy, truly ambitious. Have decided I’m not fond of WoC Helmets and think its just the width of the horns. Maybe trim them shorter? They’re your boys though so don’t listen to me, no one else ever does.

GeneralKale:

Hi Guys,

The Black Spray finally arrived, but due to limited painting time I’ve only managed to do 5 Ironsworn. Now, I’ll admit I’m not a great painter, but let me know what you think!

Ironsworn - First Five

Sides

Command (SB still WIP)

Cheers

Kera foehunter:

Hi Guys,

This is my first attempt at using greenstuff and so not to do things by halves. I've decided to do 2000pts worth of a TOC CD army using only converted or kit bashed models! So, here's the Infantry contingent of the army so far, some Infernal Ironsworn:

C&C welcomed!

GeneralKale
Nice old school verion 5 dwarfs converions
great job on the beards
but you can't beat a small guy with a big hammer

Grimstonefire:

If I’m honest although I like the converting I think the shields could do with more colour. Perhaps painting the chaos symbols red or gold?

vulcanologist:

Very nice thanks for keeping us updated! Agree with Grim about the shields though.

Abecedar:

definitely need some detail colour on the shields but they also look too big for a dwarf IMO.

GeneralKale:

HI Guys,

Progress is slow I’m afraid, but here’s the latest offering:

I’ve tried to pick out the detail of the shields with some gold, so hope you like 'em!

JonJon:

Like them very much

frostbit3:

looking much better with the gold accents. keep it up.

GeneralKale:

Well, I know its been a while, but ‘painting time’ has been somewhat limited lately!! Anyway, I’ve managed to complete 12 Infernal Ironsworn:

A Castellan:

And a warmachine, but you’ll hae to wait until GOlden Hat #17 for that one :wink:

RichardC1967:

great job…I wish there was a way to enlarge the pictures to get a better look at the details, I’m currently doing the same thing with some EM4miniatures dwarves with great-axe to have a unit of Infernal Guards with GW’s, since there are currently no great weapons options for the FW miniatures

theforgefather:

I really like the castellan!

fairoaks024:

Nice work, very impressive unit

Regards

Jim

Thorin:

Great stuff mate!!