[Archive] Core, Rare, and Special

Astranagant:

The Ravening Hordes list for the Chaos Dwarfs doesn’t list number of available/required choices in each category. I assume it was based on points like in 6th (I have that rulebook as well as the 7th Ed. pocket guide).

Should I just look to one of my older 6th ed army books for the number of allowed choices or is there something I’m missing?

Ancient History:

Requirements for 7th are in any army book, and depend on points - much like 6th. For >2,000 points that means you need at least 2 “core” units - and since Hobgoblins don’t count towards the minimum, that essentially means 2 units of Chaos Dwarf Warriors of whatever armament - and up to 3 Special Choices and a single Rare choice.

As far as restrictions go, the only ones inherent to the list is that you cannot have more than 1 unit of Black Orcs or one Bull Centaur Lord (denoted by the 0-1 signifier in the list).

Thommy H:

The 6th Edition rulebook is actually wrong for some reason - it says you can have a Lord in under 2,000 points, which you can’t. The restrictions are the same as every other army though (except Bretonnians and High Elves), so just look in another Army Book.

cornixt:

Or the intro pages of RH at [[Chaos Dwarf Resources]]

Astranagant:

Or the intro pages of RH at [[Chaos Dwarf Resources]]

cornixt
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

Border Reiver:

The 6th Edition rulebook is actually wrong for some reason - it says you can have a Lord in under 2,000 points, which you can't. The restrictions are the same as every other army though (except Bretonnians and High Elves), so just look in another Army Book.

Thommy H
Where? I mean it's kind of academic now that we're in 7th, but the only way to get a lord in a game of under 2k was to play the Seven Knights scenario - because you could take one more lord than you normally could.