[Archive] Coverting Infernal guard from dwarf hammerers

Morgr Ashbeard:

I am thinking about a unit of 20 great weapons in my army and I thought maybe using the new hammerer plastics and putting chaos warrior heads on them with the horns trimmed off. Do you think it can work?

I think the armour is dwarvish enough to still be able to be chaos dwarfs and maybe some skulls and stuff hung around them?

Has anyone already done this and are there pictures?

Abecedar:

Just looked at the GW site. The idea seems plausible. The heavy armour and scale mail skirts are do-able. The champions beard is at least braided. For the hammers, I’ve always liked the image of the flat ends being shaped like meat tenderizers.

As to if it has been done, Yes I think so but you will have to sift through the showcase sections to find them

Bloodbeard:

Both the hammerer/longbeard and the firedrake/ironbreaker kits are really great and perfect for conversions.

Both kits have been mentioned alot, but not many has used them yet. I’ve only seen them used two times on the site. Took a bit of digging and could only find one thread.

The chaos warrior helmet is a great choice. But you’ll have to do the beards in green stuff or cut n glue the beards from the hammerers - because they are stuck to the helmet/heads.

I think it would be simple to cut off the most obvious dwarf symbols and add spikes, skulls and chaos symbols.

Thread with new dwarf conversions.

Bloodbeard:

Found the second one.

Admiral:

It’s a good idea. If possible, you might want to use the old Chaos Warrior helmets (from the kit with the awkward poses which was difficult to rank up), because the new Chaos Warrior helmets are somewhat high and thin, which can look weird on stocky Dwarf bodies.

Ben Saunders:

It's a good idea. If possible, you might want to use the old Chaos Warrior helmets (from the kit with the awkward poses which was difficult to rank up), because the new Chaos Warrior helmets are somewhat high and thin, which can look weird on stocky Dwarf bodies.

Admiral
I agree with this - I'm not convinced that the current WoC heads would work at all. Alternatively, and probably best, is use the dwarf heads that come in the box. If your green stuff-fu is up to it, you may want to resculpt braided beards, but the Longbeard heads aren't that bad as they are.

Bloodbeard:

I’m confident the new warrior heads will fit perfectly and better than the old warrior heads. The new chaos warrior heads fit surprisingly well on many different miniatures.

Grimstonefire:

Weapon head swaps would be essential imo.

with a bit of converting you can get a lot of variety in poses from one box.

I still think chaos terminator heads would be perfect for something like this.

bigdark:

I have been kicking around the idea as well

I like the idea of Beastmen Ungor/Gor/Bestigor heads and WoC Marauders.

They are already bearded and chaos-esque - their only shortcoming is they are contrary to the helmet fluff.

And for the arms I also like the WoC Marauder weapons or Beastmen weapons.

Great Chaos shields and gnarly weapons.

And I think each box comes with plentiful weapon variations, so bits should be plentiful.

Vex:

Here’s something I’m working on. I used the plastic Ironbreakers, scratched off most of the dwarven icons and greenstuffed over the head and beard.

http://i.imgur.com/2UBsvII.jpg

So yeah these guys work pretty well. I had the chaos warrior head on one of them but the head is way too narrow.

Mivrash Faz:

I picked up a box of Longbeards last w/e with conversions in mind. The flat helmets should provide a good platform for gs big hats.

MadHatter:

Conversion with dwarf warriors, ungor heads and greenstuff beard would look sweet.