[Archive] Create The Chaos Dwarf Army List Above You Game!

Auretious Taak:

So, greetings everybody, I’ve been a stranger as of late. My apologies to Kera as I know that has meant alack in our epic PM Pyramid that is almost at 40 odd levels, lol.

I had an idea for something a little different, yet quite fun to be honest. It is as thus:

We’re going to play agame, and if Admin approve it, then I believe it should stay here as in teh army list section or elsewhere not everyone views the other sub forums but most view here. We’re gonna play a simple game that will require some committment on your end if you do choose to play.

The object of the game is simple. Each person who makes a post adds 50 pts to the person above them to the army list we shall create as we go. This could be in the form of 50 points of any model et al, upgrades, magic items, or simply adding them to the pool so as someone can eventually have a much greater lord or evena monstrous mount et al.

Eg:

Auretious Taak (AT) - 1st Post. 50pts to Kera above me.

Kera Foehunter (KF) - 2nd Post. 50 pts to AT above me, he can take 5 CD Warriors with hand weapon, Heavy Armour and shield at 45pts and 5 pts to his pool of points.

AT - KF takes 50 pts to her pool.

KF - AT takes another 5 CD Warriors with hand weapon, Heavy Armour and shield at 45pts and 5 pts to his pool of points. he now has 10 points in his pool.

AT - My Army thus far:

CORE: 10 CD Warriors with hand weapon, Heavy Armour and shield - 90pts.

Total points in pool = 10 pts.

Total Army Cost = 100pts.

KF above has 100pts in her pool plus 50 now, and I shall spend them on 4 Golt Throwers at 120 points, 10 naked Hob goblins at 20 points and leave her at 10 poiunts in her pool.

Willmark (W) - AT takes a Dispel scroll at 25pts, a Talisman of Protection at 15pts and 10 pts to his army pool.

Can you see how it works?

So what’s the point of this? It’s simple really.

There are alot of us here who lurk but want to play but don’t. There’s alot of us here who actively post that play alot of games but don’t necessarily have fun or don’t do things they’d never do before. Lets turn that around. lets use this trhead game to create legal armies that are different, that are created purely by other people meaning this:

YOU CAN’T POST TWICE IN A ROW OR MORE TO MAKE YOUR OWN ARMY.

If you do, it will simply be ignored by everyone else.

Furthermore, if you post in this thread, you MUST add 50 points to the posters’ army above you as detailed above.

Bear in mind that the armies should conform to the 1,000pt bracket they are in at the time so if you are adding 50pts to a 1800 pts army and the 2 rare and 4 special and 4 character slots are taken and maxed then you have points either for the pool, any upgrades on those taken choices or into Core.

The aim is to make armies that people will use once done.

personally, I’m going to use it as a basis for an amusingc oncept: Until I play with Chaos dwarves in fantasy again, this thread will go on. Whatever points it is at when I pick it up and go to play with the armya s created here is what I’ll play with. Even if it is several thousand points string over 5k pts et al. It could be amusing, who knows, you might hjust get some fun and different games of WHFB out of the lists the rest of the forum makes for you.

So, what are you waiting for?

Merry Christmas everybody,

Luke.

Hashut’s Blessing:

So, is it one list, where people add their 50 points and the pool is communal?

A Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower and 10 Hobgoblins.

Auretious Taak:

No everybody has an individual list, so the person below me, ie You hashuts Blessing would add 50 points to my army list meaning I now have 50 pts of whatever you gave me, and I’ll add 50 pts of stuff to your list. Thus far we would now have two army lists 1 for the 2 separate people who have posted here. When someone else starts postinmg they get a list started also for themselves whilst contributing to everyone’s above them. Thus as more people join more armies are started and added in.

Hashut’s Blessing, I’m going to start your army off with 2 Units of 10 Hob Goblins with a handweapon for a total of 20 points each, leaving you with 10 points - this is a total of 50 points to your army thus far.

If you would be so kind as to edit in 50 points to your above post so I have a starting force it would be appreciated and cool. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

AT.

Willmark:

I’ll admit I’m having a hard time getting my arms around this. What is exactly the point of this?

Hashut’s Blessing:

I must be really stupid :stuck_out_tongue: I still don;t follow. It sounds like you’re saying we’re creating an army list by adding 50 points, which makes it yours… Is that not making it one army list total?

I’ll add 10 Hobgoblings with Bow.

Kera foehunter:

where does one find the current point of the cd army???

mr taak!!! i don’t want to ripe you off

Auretious Taak:

No…okay lets try it this way now that we have several posts to the thread.

Firstly, the point mr. Willmark, is 1) to have some random fun, 2) create army lists for people also posting for them to have an actual game with at some point and thusly 3) For posters in the thread to get more games with different armies under their belt, hopefully having fun at the same time.

To how it all works:

So far we have 6 posts in this thread:

Me (AT)

Hashuts Blessing (HB)

AT

Willmark (Will)

HB

Kera Foehunter (kera)

Thus we have 4 posters in this thread thus far and thusly 4 separate army lists have begun. There is not a single army list but an army list for each new poster. This army list is expanded by other people. Each new poster to the thread starts off with 0 points to their army, but the person above may already have points. In anycase, the new poster posts a response saying whether they give 50pts or spend the 50pts in soem way to the poster immediately above them.

I’ll walk it through based on the posts thus far:

Post 1 - thread Opening by AT - 0pts to the army, adds nothing to teh poster above as there is no one above.

Post 2 - HB - gifts me, AT (who posted in the post above HB, ie this post {in this example}) A Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower and 10 Hobgoblins. This comes to 50 pts.

Post 3 - AT - Because I have posted below HB, and HB has yet to have anyone post below him he starts with 0pts, and I get to add the first 50pts of stuff. In this case I chose to add to his army: 2 Units of 10 Hob Goblins with a handweapon for a total of 20 points each = 40pts leaving HB with 10 points - this is a total of 50 points to HB’s army thus far.

Now, because in my last post i didn’t have anything as I was the first poster, but someone (HB) has posted below me and given me my first 50 points of stuff (ie HB gave me a Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower and 10 Hobgoblins) I now need to post up my army list at the end of my post as it stands. This would be:

Auretious Taak’s Army:

CORE - 10 Hobgoblins with Handweapon - 20pts.

SPECIAL - 1 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower - 30pts.

POINTS YET TO SPEND IN POOL = 0pts.

Total Points Thus far = 50 pts.

Post 4 - Will - Willmark asks a question and is confused at it all and doesn’t add anything yet (He owes 50 pts to Auretious Taak so will edit that in next opportunity to keep the thread flowing). Because this is Will’s first post he doesn’t have an army yet as no one has posted below him yet to start his army off.

Willmark’s Army:

POINTS YET TO SPEND IN POOL = 0 pts.

Total Points Thus far = 0 pts.

Post 5 - HB Posts and starts Will’s army off as it has not had any other poster post below him yet. HB gives Will 10 Hobgoblings with Bow.

Because this is the second time HB has posted and someone has posted below him (thus allowing him to post again) he needs to state for the first time what his army is:

Hashut’s Blessing’s Army:

POINTS YET TO SPEND IN POOL = 10pts.

Post 6 - Kera - This is kera’s first post she doesn’t have any army yet as no one has had the chance to post below her. But she now needs to add 50 pts to the poster above her, this being HB. (Kera, edit in what you’re owing next time you read this :)). Because it is kera’s first time her army basically looks like this:

Kera Foehunter’s Army:

POINTS YET TO SPEND IN POOL = 0 pts.

Total Points Thus far = 0 pts.

Post 7 - AT - this current post I am going on about right now as an example. Because Kera has yet to get anything and other people have gifted people with units, I’m going to give kera’s army just 50pts to sit in her pool as the starting army for when she next logs in to post.

Because Will posted after me and has yet to add anything to my list I shall edit in the modification when he edits in his addition to my list. My army thus looks like this:

Auretious Taak’s Army:

POINTS YET TO SPEND IN POOL = 0pts.

POINTS OWING TO BE ADDED IN BY WILLMARK = 50 pts.

Total Points Thus far = 100 pts.

So do you all get it now?

Auretious taak.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Ah, so the other members build YOUR army list, gotcha.

So, I currently have:

+ whatever Kera gives me.

I shall give AT 4 BBs, leaving him with a 2 point pool.

Auretious Taak:

Ah, so the other members build YOUR army list, gotcha.

So, I currently have:

+ whatever Kera gives me.

I shall give AT 4 BBs, leaving him with a 2 point pool.

Hashut's Blessing
That's right mate.

What's a BB? Blunder buss? It's got no space man, but 4 of them is 48pts so correct me if I'm wrong that's what I'll add in for now.

Auretious Taak's Army:

CORE - 4 Blunderbuss's - 48pts.
POINTS YET TO SPEND IN POOL = 2 pts.
POINTS OWING TO BE ADDED IN BY WILLMARK = 50 pts.
Total Points Thus far = 150 pts.

AT.

P.S. HB, you can get 50 pts to your pool.

theimmortal:

mr taak i award you another 4 blunderbusses for 48 points