[Archive] Critical Hit #4 - Podcast

Xander:

RollToHit.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Leaving some feedback would be great.

Also, if anyone is interested in hosting an all Warhammer (all GW?) Podcast with me, I am looking for co-hosts.

Cheers,

-Xander :cheers

The Flying Beaver:

It sounds cool, but I’m not sure what to do. Do you need an iPod?

Xander:

Haha, a popular misconception.

Podcasts are merely MP3 Broadcasts. Like recorded radio. Just click the link and press play.

To do a podcast all you need is a mircophone.

hal:

I always presumed that you needed an iPod for a podcast.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I am MORE than happy to co-present. What sort of topics would we cover and how regularly? Also, with mp3 files, can you not have pictures etc? Or is that mp4 (If there IS such a thing. i remember having heard that somewhere before)?

The Flying Beaver:

I’d be happy to help out.

Xander:

Wow, it still surprises me how many people think you need an iPod to listen to a podcast. Ya, mp4 or something can display pictures on iPods during podcasts. Critical Hit doesn’t use such a thing.

As for a GW Podcast, I am looking for 2 co-hosts. Hopefully one of which knows 40k, if not, I’d make an all Fantasy cast. It would basically break down like this:

News:

- GW Announcements

- New Releases

- Any Other News

Rumours:

- Confirmed or Denied Rumours (From previous shows)

- Discussion of Unconfirmed Rumours

Review:

- Review new releases, model-wise, theme-wise, paint-scheme-wise, wtc.

- This includes new Army Books or Games or Rulesets, ie. Summer Campaign

Up and Coming:

- Discussion of expected Future Events like the Summer Campaign, or timeline for army releases

That’s a rough outline of a show. We’d probably cast once a month. We use a free Voice Over IP program called Gizmo which allows you to record conversation between multiple people.

Catch me via PM or MSN if interested in being a host. :slight_smile:

hal:

The link won’t open for me…it’s a never ending loading sequence.

Xander:

Hal, don’t know what to say. It should load fine. o.o

Uzkul Werit:

If I can somehow get hold of a microphone, I’ll be a co host. When do you plan to record it?

Hashut’s Blessing:

You can buy microphone headsets for about �10 in some places. Just search on an electronics store’s website or something, shouldn’t take long Uzkul.

Uzkul Werit:

Ah ha! Easy peasy! Thanks Hashut’s Blessing!

Hashut’s Blessing:

No problem. Just thought I’d help!