[Archive] D & d at the site

Beastybeastbeats:

dndonlinegames.com is a great site, i’ve been apart of many games as well as dm’d a bunch.
Without a dice roller built into the CD website it might make it tougher, However You can find dice rollers online, and just Copy/Paste the dice stats.

I am down for whatever we need, but i’d want it to be a Chaos Dwarf restricted DnD 3.5 game in the warhammer universe. I’d Probably start a game that i lead with A slave drive. The opening DnD scene would be us leaving Zharr-Naggrund, getting ready to sack some slaves.

But i am not looking to bark out specifics, but Whatever, i’ll play or dm or help out the people that dont have much experience. All good.

Lord Archaon:

I agree with Beastybeastbeats here. It would be cool to play a D&D online game with CD, hobgoblins and bullcentaurs. CD would use Deurgar rules, hobgoblin would use hobgoblin rules and bull centaurs would use slightly edited centaur rules.

Wizards of the Coast website has a dice roller good and simple enough for the game (which can be downloaded).

I would happily play D&D at CDO (3.5 edition or 2 edition imho) or i can help to arrange the game (i mean i offer help for DM with rules edition and story.(because i’m not skillful enough to be a DM myself i’m only a begginer :)))

But imho if we want to do some D&D stuff at the site we need a good DM who will take the game seriously and try to make the game as interesting as it can be, with help of interested players of course. (Like our Dark Sith Lord working on WoH :wink: )

Hope everybody understood what i meant :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:hat off

Beastybeastbeats:

But imho if we want to do some D&D stuff at the site we need a good DM who will take the game seriously and try to make the game as interesting as it can be, with help of interested players of course. (Like our Dark Sith Lord working on WoH ;) )

Lord Archaon
Well, I'd like to think of my self as a great DM, but I am also a very "hard" DM. I am stingy and typically I don't give much loot. I lead very open campaigns about whatever the group wants, but i'll need players that want to aggressively employ me to be the best DM i can be. But i am kinda a douchbag when i DM. If some one says something and I see as out of line in the rp setting, i'll probably kill the players character without even second thinking.

Who I think things should go-
0) Create a DND TOPIC

1) Have all DM's submit a writing of their work, the introduction into the world/land and what is happening at that second. This is also where the game takes shape, the DM will give guiding rules and how he wants to run it. Have this complied into the DND topic->thread DND CAMPAIGNS

2) website votes on a Single DM (in DND thread) DM will be granted moderator over the topic, and will make threads about his game

3) The DM will put out a list of exzact house rules, and what characters and how many spots he is looking for.

4) People interested join in with an application consisting of; What they want in a DND game, Their characters Background, how many posts per day they are interested in.

5) The DM will pick the spots

6) Repeat simular steps, and have a application for new games, so that if anyone is left out they can make other games, if the CD board Decides.

Beastybeastbeats:

BTW since this is a CD forum, it might be better if we outsourced to a different website- DNDONLINEGAMES.COM since they are a DND board.

jolpis:

sounds like a good idea, im not very good at the rules but i think i can hang up with you guyes on the roleplay. (hope thats okay)

moving to another site might be a good idea but the recruitment should be at CDO.

Beastybeastbeats:

moving to another site might be a good idea but the recruitment should be at CDO.

jolpis
That was my thought entirely

slev:

If you guys ever want to play WFRP instead, give me a call. I’ve run it at official events back in the Hogshead days.

Hashut’s Blessing:

For roleplaying online, I’d suggest losing a “tabletop roleplaying” rules system. It’s an excellent idea, one I’ve been hoping to see come up for some time. I’ve not mentioned it myself because I’m not brilliant at creating plot, but I’m a fairly decent roleplayer and would ike to see this happen. I’l help however I can.

EDIT: Any setting too. slev, if you’re willing to create a WH roleplay, I’d be the first to join dibs first place :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

well i see your back hb i hope the duct tapes hold for more than a dayon your lap top

hb that a good idea

slev:

HB: I used to run a very successful IRC WFRP campaign on #wfrp. I could run the thing again if there’s the interest, possibly for a couple of hours of an evening in the week. I don’t have time for a longer session that getting people together physically would entail.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, as I said, I’d love to join if you’d be willing, but I didn;t wat to presume, ya know?

slev:

No pressure felt mate, just a general lack of time. If we can get another 3-5 PCs who can play on a tuesday evening, say 1900-2100 UK time, we’re set.

jolpis:

count me in!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

51la5:

I’ll play I just need to wait till I’m back at school. (yes its ironic I have more free time at school then at home)

Kera foehunter:

We Still need a person to run it !!

do i need to add i give them slaves

51la5:

I Will I think It would be better if we set it as a lose one instead of using any particular rule system.

My basic campaign Idea is A group of Mercenaries are hired to find a precious (classified) I have the plot worked out its something I was gonna run with the club at school but I doubt there still be interested.

Kera foehunter:

Thats sound cool !! lets see who will want in

51la5:

I wont be able to start till the weekend since I’m back at school on Thursday and I need Friday to say hi to all my friends.

Kera foehunter:

well we need a chance for people to jump in !!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Didn’t Slev say if 3-5 others join in he’d run it for a couple of hours on a Tues? Thusly giving us someone to run it…