[Archive] Dark Dwarf bust WIP

Khunag:

Very early WIP, my firt go at a bigger scale, so be gentle :wink:

Grimstonefire:

I think his eyes need to be a bit lower, and the way the cheek tissue joins the nose could be improved.

It may be worth deciding what facial expression you want him to have, as it’s not really clear at the moment.

Khunag:

Yeah, you’re right about the eyes, i’ll fix that.

Kera foehunter:

Look like a great idea ! How big is the bust

GRNDL:

Gah!! That’s what I’m doing!!! CURSES!!!

The CD hero is to show scale. I’ve been working on it off and on for the last six months when time and projects allow. I’ve been very careful to layer it properly. He needs his ears and eyebrows to be done, then the final proportions on the shoulders, armour, then the beard, then the mustache, you get the drift…

Khunag:

That looks really awesome GRNDL, and is way bigger than mine too :slight_smile:

Kera: it’s about 6cm tall

Kera foehunter:

Omg !!! Grndl impressive!!! um um don’t cd have beards??

sorry had to say that !! he he

Loki:

both of these are very impresive work and i cant wait to see how they both turn out, @ GRNDL i hope yours is going to have a big hat :hat

Khunag:

GRNDL:

@Kera

He will have a beard, but you can’t sculpt the beard properly until he has a body, so the coils of the beard will lay on top of his armour, etc. I will keep the head and body seperate until I can finish off the details on the head and when both head and body are done to a certain level, they will be bonded together and I can then sculpt the neck, then beard, etc… He doesn’t have eyebrows, either… Yet!

@Loki

Yes, he will have a big, big, hat. :)  Removable too, if my plan goes well.

@Khunag

Sorry for the thread hijack. I will speak no more of my project. I think that yours will be completed long before mine will be, so hurry up and get it done so it can inspire me!!! :)  My projects tend to be very slow burns and some never get finished. :slight_smile:

Loki:

Great work on the face Khunag he is really starting to take shape :slight_smile:

@ GRNDL great news about the hat :hat off

Khunag:

Grimstonefire:

There is one thing I would change on this, I think the connection between the cheek tissue and the nose (see picture), and some bags under his eyes for character.

The chin possibly is a little too large, and the overall balance of the face means it should be a little taller, but then this is a fantasy creature, so you can do what you want! :slight_smile:

He has that whole ‘evil dwarf twirling moustache menacingly’ look about him. evil laugh

Khunag:

Thanks for the comment, the face is still WIP and i’m addinthere’s still a lot to add, the head will be a bit taller in the end :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

Looking good !!Like the mustache

Khunag:

Kera foehunter:

Could you Please show a figure to see what scale that is khunag

i think its a great bust i want to see if it could be use as a giant???

Khunag:

Interesting idea an dyeah, the head is about the size of the giants head. I’ll take some pictures for scale tommorow.

Kera foehunter:

Hum!!! it make a cool one * hint * * kera walks off humming*

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Khunag … your work just keeps getting better and better. That last update shows pure awesomeness.

I’m sorry if I’m being ignorant, but what exactly is going to be? An actual miniature?

(in other words, what do you mean with ‘bust’ :hat off)

Off-Topic:

So, you’re working with Trollsforge now?