[Archive] Dark Eldar

The Brain:

The warriors need to be redone and some new characters would be nice. However if you read their rules and play them you will find that they are really competative. The Horrofex rocks, there is noting more fun than to see the mighty space marines shacking in their boots to afraid to move. They have awsome weapons and they are among the best close combat armies in the game. Thier base troop has I 5. A squad of wyches with I 6 can hold up a unit of terminators for the whole game with thier 4 up invul. They really are an army that GW did not do justice to, but that is what they are good at.

GRNDL:

Actually, it wouldn’t be that difficult to convert other models to be Dark Eldar. There’s lots of cool models to draw from: regular Eldar, fantasy Dark Elves, Wood Elves, etc.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

From Brimstone on Warseer

"If I had seen any of the new Dark Eldar models I wouldn’t be able to say much about them beyond saying how good I though they were.

They are very good indeed."

Baggronor:

The warriors need to be redone and some new characters would be nice. However if you read their rules and play them you will find that they are really competative. The Horrofex rocks, there is noting more fun than to see the mighty space marines shacking in their boots to afraid to move. They have awsome weapons and they are among the best close combat armies in the game. Thier base troop has I 5. A squad of wyches with I 6 can hold up a unit of terminators for the whole game with thier 4 up invul. They really are an army that GW did not do justice to, but that is what they are good at.
If played by a good player, they are hideously good. Their basic infantry is dirt cheap and BS4 with excellent weapon options. Their HQ choices are still more than competitive in melee. And they're fast. So fast. :)

BilboBaggins:

Hit and Run Baby, Hit and Run.

The Brain:

Hit and Run Baby, Hit and Run.

BilboBaggins
That is the way to go. Blat out of the web way and go right into combat with the weak stuff and blow up the tanks before they now whats going on.

I have seen some cool conversions to make warriors out of eldar guardians using Dark Elf heads or Dark eldar heads. They look cool doing that. Most of the other models are kinda cool. The grotesques are ugly but it is easy to make them out of guard and zombie bits.