[Archive] Dark elf/ slaanesh/ scifi kickstarter

Grimstonefire:

I’ve looked at quite a few kickstarters and never been tempted to actually put up money. But I must admit I find this one to be just jaw dropping in how inventive the ideas are

This has decided my next army for me certainly, a slaanesh expansion to my chaos army. Mostly all female.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loudnraging/tgg2-light-and-darkness

Pyro Stick:

I pledged at $50 a few days ago but half the stuff I want hasn’t been unlocked yet. I’m mainly waiting to see what the 15 freebies are going to be but chances are I’ll up my pledge to $175 on the last day. I want the fantasy dark elves mostly but all the armies are so cool I would like a few things from each.

Grimstonefire:

I’ve gone for the $175, thinking that I’ll probably just sell off the majority of the freebies.

wallacer:

I thought those guys had quite a bad reputation for late delivery of product?

torn:

I really like the concept artwork for the sci fi list elves, especially the centaurs. But I can’t see them pulling off the models with the same evil Goth theme to the same extent. It always costs me more as I prefer to wait until after kickstarters too see actual models.

Skink:

wallacer
I think you are getting mistaken with Avatars of War. As far as I've heard Raging Heroes managed to ship everything in time and sculpted all their miniatures barely months after their previous kickstarter ended.

Now, I personally painted a couple of Raging Heroes' miniatures and I can tell you, the quality of the casting & the sculpts are exquisite. Possibly the best miniatures I ever painted.

On the other hand, do you guys have the sensation that they're ripping off GW's IP? I mean, their miniatures are obviously intended to make Dark Elves, Slaanesh & Dark Eldar stand ins. They will be making rip offs of Dark Riders, Witches, Harpies, Dark Pegasi, Cauldron of Blood, Cold One cavalry, and so on...

Pyro Stick:

wallacer
I think you are getting mistaken with Avatars of War. As far as I've heard Raging Heroes managed to ship everything in time and sculpted all their miniatures barely months after their previous kickstarter ended.

Skink
The previous kickstarter hasnt been fully delivered on yet as far as i know. I think only two waves of models and the freebies have been shipped but i think a lot of the people complaining about having to wait a year+ to recieve anything opted for the "ship everything in one package" option. You can read the updates of the last KS here. Im still debating if i sohuld go for that to save costs or split it into two or three shipments so i dont have to wait a year, like i have been with AOW Doomcrushers which still havent shipped. At least they are finally on their way to AOW. Im confident RH will be able to deliver so im going to up my pledge when i get my next paycheck.
I've gone for the $175, thinking that I'll probably just sell off the majority of the freebies.

Grimstonefire
This is what i plan on doing as well. Im hoping i can pay off most of my pledge by selling the freebies i wont be using.

snowblizz:

On the other hand, do you guys have the sensation that they're ripping off GW's IP?

Skink
On the first hand, don't you get the sensation that GW are ripping off Tolkien's, Star War's, D&D's IP?

cornixt:

These are all direct drop-in replacements for GW units, made that way on purpose, but they are mostly generic enough that GW can’t do anything about it.

Pyro Stick:

Last day and im starting to get worried at whats left to unlock. I cant figure out why they are leaving things like the Dark Elf sorceress and other standard heroes for the highest stretch goals and still havent revealed some of the concept art. They seem to be relying on a sudden doubling of pledges at the last minute to unlock everything.

Grimstonefire:

They talk about stretch goals like that, but imo they already have more than enough money to make everything on that page. I think they just pick numbers out of the sky instead of working out the actual extra money required.

Pyro Stick:

They talk about stretch goals like that, but imo they already have more than enough money to make everything on that page.  I think they just pick numbers out of the sky instead of working out the actual extra money required.

Grimstonefire
Thats whats annoying me. $10,000 between goals was ridiculous. They don't need that much per model since the big warmachines and monsters are being unlocked at $5,000 intervals now. Theres no reason why the individual characters need $900,000+ to unlock. Im just hoping they will just say everythings unlocked at the end no matter what the final total is. The unlocking of "upgrades" before actual new models was a waste of time as well. Managed to grab a $166 Lieutenant Box so thats where im sitting at now. Cant afford to go any higher but if they dont unlock anything further ill be missing out on half my wants. Will need to see what Updates they post today first to decide if ill stick with it or not.

Grimstonefire:

What’s on your wish list then?

I’m basically using this as a chance to build one good unit of Slaanesh warriors, a mixture of males/females, human/elves/daemons, mixed weapons. Plus 6 centaurs.  So mixing together the free models I won’t sell with bits and pieces I like.

Pyro Stick:

Planning on getting a small collection of Dark Elves, mostly a bit of everything, and a few Knights of the Chalice to use as Grey Knights or something. I would like Arthenya, Sol Sarya and Daughters of the Cruicble Command just for painting projects. For Dark Elves i was wanting Sorceress, Sinzrith (just revealed as the last freebie which makes me doubt that they had them all decided when they started this), Kashala, Varanith, Spearmen and Command, Halberds and Command, Asharah on Pegasus. Maybe some Draakh and Vestal Riders and a chariot. My main wants are Asharah on Pegasus and the Sorceress but every time the total gets close to 740,000 a bunch of people bail on their pledges. Chances are ill go over the concept art for days before i decide on what ill go for. If they were all 3D renders instead of concept art it would make it a lot easier to decide.

Edit: URGH just went down $10,000!!!