[Archive] dark squat

wizuriel:

so had left over green stuff with latest blunderbusses so wanted to try something new.

squat haemonculus with scissorhands and a destructor

we was pretty quickly painted so kinda on the sloopy side. now do I want to do an army of them?

Hashut’s Blessing:

The colours work well, but I thought Squats wore power armour (like the Space Marines do)?

wizuriel:

not sure. never played 40k and have no idea what squats are really suppose to be (just know they were eaten by the nids).

fluff for my army would pretty much be some of them managed to retreat in the webway. They have had a few skrimishes with the dark eldar and stole some of their vehicals and technology and intigrated it into their own stuff.

I also think fluff wise squats would be a pretty fast people. They are use to being in a high gravity enviornment. in a normal one it would be like walking on air.

but yeah I only really want to do dark eldar count as cause they have a portable star gate :smiley:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Then, the lighter armour look works better. I think it would be a good army to see completed :smiley:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Squats were the Dwarfs of space in the 40k setting… that is, before a Tyranid Hive Fleet annihilated their entire race. :wink: Even if they were used to high gravity, they were still quite short and therefore could not be lightning fast on the battlefield. That’s why I don’t really see them as Dark Eldar… but the Tomato-on-a-stick-gun looks cute. ^^

wizuriel:

Squats were the Dwarfs of space in the 40k setting.. that is, before a Tyranid Hive Fleet annihilated their entire race. ;) Even if they were used to high gravity, they were still quite short and therefore could not be lightning fast on the battlefield. That's why I don't really see them as Dark Eldar.. but the Tomato-on-a-stick-gun looks cute. ^^

Ishkur Cinderhat
lol, it's suppose to be a splinter blaster (gun that fires poisonous darts).

If you trained your entire life wearing lead shoes and suddenly took them off, you don't think you would be running much faster, longer than the average person?

cornixt:

That’s why basketball players and sprinters wear weights in training.

Willmark:

Colors look good and consistent; needs more shading and some shadows.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

If you trained your entire life wearing lead shoes and suddenly took them off, you don't think you would be running much faster, longer than the average person?

wizuriel
Not if my legs were only half the length of the average person's, no.

Hashut’s Blessing:

To be honest, I do agree with you Ishkur, but you’d be surprised how fast my stubby legs can move.

turquois dwarf:

you could put them all on hover boards

wizuriel:

don’t think I can since there is actually a hoverboard like option and troop choice

wizuriel:

/draws a circle of black paint around the keyboard

Un vata razzaka gunta Hashut gatrama rezuntu

/spills a drop of blood

/hits attach button

so figured would use some fancy thread necromancy to raise this from the dead :smiley: decided to actually go with the dark squat idea since it amuses me alot more than it should

Hazkar:

oh yeah!squats are back!!!

and they are still looking so funny as back in the days…i love that guys

wizuriel:

well made a squad of snipers

Kera foehunter:

love the sniper Wizuriel

Hashut’s Blessing:

Good snipers and I like the nod to the CDs (whether intentional or not) in the form of a blunderbuss! :stuck_out_tongue: Keep them coming :wink:

Viskar Zhragoth:

Yep, and the armour is fine (someone asked). Most of the squats came in 2 versions…short ig, with flak armor or vests and biker boys with more armor or leather…Then they also made their version of terminator squats…kinda like Gav’s imagined Immortals from Grudgebearer. Funnily enough, just found some of those in one of my old boxes…very old, but still neat (if not the coolest minis…).

GRNDL:

How come there aren’t any “count as” armies for squats? Is it just because they are so very, very, very dead? I would thought there would be - people clamour for a Squat revival. I mean, here we are on this site trying to resurrect what many believe to be a dead army, and yet I don’t hear much about ‘resurrecting squats’ across these IntarWebz. Anyone know of a movement like that?

Viskar Zhragoth:

At one time there was, but the big influence on squats was really bikers… (they had lots of bikes and big train-like vehiclkes in epic…) The norse went to the Space Wolves…so, since most of the bikers in GW left, they kinda left the squats to wither…at one point they were just treated as special IG, and then it was said (by a designer tired of eharing about them…they are dead, ok…the got eaten by Tyranids…so it stuck)

Once the designer came out and said that, it was all over, and people would just complain about the sqquats coming back…