[Archive] DavideTedeschi's Chaos Dwarves

DavideTedeschi:

I’m trying to do some very crispy scale armour since the prototype’s armour is not enough…I’m sculpting the scale singularly but it’s taking ages :o

any suggestion?

Ugly Green Trog:

I have not your skill but I have tried (with partial success) to to cut a strip of pointed scales and attach them in layers like the top of a pointed wooden fence. So basically you cut a zigzag line of greenstuff to the required length then fit it to the model from the base of the mail up. You then mark on the lines between the individual scales then rinse and repeat with the next layer slightly overlapping the top edge of the previous layer. Still fairly time consuming but much much quicker than sculpting individual scales I would think.

khedyarl:

One thing to try to sharpen up the scales, David, is to make sure you are coming at them while sculpting at an angle. Instead of pressing perpendicular to make the lines for your scales, make sure the tool is angled so as to be kind of lifting the bottom of the scale. Afterward, you can clean up the lines with a clay shaper, and when its cured, sand it to sharpen even further if needed.

DavideTedeschi:

thanks for the answers fellows, they resulted very useful in what i’ve done today :cheers
at the end i’ve sculpted the scales with milliput, seems working! tomorrow i’ll post some photo,
hope to please your expectations!

DavideTedeschi:

and here it is… chaos dwarf’s back armour, what do you think?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

khedyarl:

I would say that’s about perfect - great definition between the layers and each scale, while remaining symmetric and cohesive. Great job!

cornixt:

Very nice, these are going to be some excellent models.

DavideTedeschi:

sorry guys for the lack of updates but university and restructuration of the attic make me overbusy…

got Yro model in progress though :hat off

see you soon!

Yro:

I seen them personally, and they are really cool! I want them U___U XD

fairoaks024:

The faces are fantastic, when they are done please let us know who will be casting tbem up, i’ll definitely be putting in an order

Regards

Jim

CopperPot:

What do you plan on doing with him weapon option wise.

Ugly Green Trog:

I really love the reworked scale mate its perfect! I will be really interested in aquiring some of the finished product especially if the have blunderbusses :slight_smile:

DavideTedeschi:

still going on with the armatures mates…meantime i’ve sculpted something that initially was intended as a chaos dwarf then turned out to be a generic character-less dwarf (it wasn’t enough nasty! :frowning: )  enjoy

DavideTedeschi:

the horns have to be refined, of course

fairoaks024:

lovely work

regards

jim

Borador:

Your sculpting is very good! I’m going to keep an eye on this blog!