[Archive] Dawi Zharr on Parade

The Odor:

After realising I got some disposible income coming and finding out my local store will run a armies on parade contest I have decided to go for it and build a display board for my Dawi Zharr… But when I sat down to do some planning last night I realised I have no clue what to model the Display board as… So I would love to hear some :idea s and suggestions.

What I could think of was building it as the inside of a Dwarven chamber with some broken down doors in one end and the Chaos dwarves marching in through them with dead and dying dwarves here and there.

The issue with this plan would be getting all the War Machines make sense… I worry they would look to big and clumsy to push through windling tunnels into a dwarven hall… but without them I think the Dwarves would look kinda small and boring…

theforgefather:

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, or you could have lava terrian, because CDs are normally associated with lava and fire etc…

The Odor:

While this is the logical step for Chaos dwarves a Dark Elves player is halfway done with a lava drenched Volcano so I am afraid they would end up kinda similar.

I made a bit of a plan for a Dwarf Vs Chaos dwarf battle but I aint sure I can squeese it onto a Extension:

Map
How big is the Extension in CM

The Odor:

After realising I got some disposible income coming and finding out my local store will run a armies on parade contest I have decided to go for it and build a display board for my Dawi Zharr… But when I sat down to do some planning last night I realised I have no clue what to model the Display board as… So I would love to hear some :idea s and suggestions.

What I could think of was building it as the inside of a Dwarven chamber with some broken down doors in one end and the Chaos dwarves marching in through them with dead and dying dwarves here and there.

The issue with this plan would be getting all the War Machines make sense… I worry they would look to big and clumsy to push through windling tunnels into a dwarven hall… but without them I think the Dwarves would look kinda small and boring…

DAGabriel:

Background with templefront and some industrialized looking building from which the Iron demon powered train is coming?

You could use lave like waste-water coming from pipings?

The Odor:

DAGabriel: Hmm… The idea is sound but my building building skills leave much to wish for but if I could get a Imperial Sector set I could get a good start… Maybe with some Fireglaíve guards in windows… Though I might replace the Iron Daemon with a Slave Train…

DAGabriel:

The sorc/prophet in my armyblog uses a window arc from an imperial building if you haven`t seen it yet.

Skink:

What about building a small section of Zharr Naggrund with all the CDs marching to war? Every modelism shop sell small bricks/debris/tiles to make the buildings, and with a little bit of inventive you could make your army walking on a bridge above the river ruin or a lava stream. Golden statues/petrified sorcerers on the sides. And you can add some character by using Hobgoblin overseer whipping/bossing slaves…

I always though as my Chaos Dwarfs to be wasteland fighters aboard a steam train. A portion of the Dark Lands would be fun to build IMO.

The Odor:

Does anyone know how big the Battle board extension is in CM? This could help me limit the options abit.

Hashut’s Blessing:

What I’d planned to do was have it be a defense of a corner of Zharr Naggrund - I even considered having a few greenskins being shot down in the opposite corner (maybe a hobgoblin here/there stabbing them in the back, lol).