[Archive] Deadliest Warrior returns

Grimstonefire:

A heads up for anyone in the UK, this series starts again tommorow night, 10pm Bravo channel.

It’s worth a watch.

Loki:

I got my sky installed at my new house on Friday and first thing i did once the engineer was gone was set this up to record, cant wait for it to start :slight_smile:

Anonymouse:

Even though it gave me some light entertainment, my first thought reading this was “Oh, FFS, not that crap again!” :stuck_out_tongue:

Baggronor:

Even though it gave me some light entertainment, my first thought reading this was "Oh, FFS, not that crap again!" :p
Lol I think as long as its recognised as utterly farcical, its fine. Its when people start getting heated about its totally nonsensical match ups and don't pick up on the hideous inaccuracies and inconsistencies that things get irritating.

Da Crusha:

I love the show but the biggest problem I see with it is its inaccuracies since they only measure the efficiency of the weapon. the show should really be called deadliest weapon.

Anonymouse:

Same as “Beast Wars”: my fav was the one where a lion took on a grizzlybear. Yeah, great going you guys: a lion (from Africa) taking on a bear (in the Alaskan snow). Whoohoo :s

Baggronor:

I love the show but the biggest problem I see with it is its inaccuracies since they only measure the efficiency of the weapon. the show should really be called deadliest weapon.
Even then, they work on the assumption that simply doing the most damage = most efficient, which is just silly. Just because a great axe does more damage than a Gladius for example, does that make it more effective? I think not :) It doesn't matter whether it obliterates you or just stabs you in the belly, if you're dead you're dead.

Da Crusha:

Even then, they work on the assumption that simply doing the most damage = most efficient, which is just silly. Just because a great axe does more damage than a Gladius for example, does that make it more effective? I think not :) It doesn't matter whether it obliterates you or just stabs you in the belly, if you're dead you're dead.

Baggronor
I completely agree

snowblizz:

Having seen season 1 my biggest grief is that whoever the programmer backs is going to win.

Because if the person entering the numbers into the simulation thinks flying knifes are the bestest then that’s how it will end up.

An unfortunate and often overlooked consequence of using “decision support software”.

This same problem permeates another favourite of mine, Total War series, as well. Much to my annoyance.

Swissdictator:

This is why I’m studying to be a programmer. So the Swiss ALWAYS win. Even when not fighting.

laughs maniacally

furrie:

your not the only one

dedwrekka:

Same as "Beast Wars": my fav was the one where a lion took on a grizzlybear. Yeah, great going you guys: a lion (from Africa) taking on a bear (in the Alaskan snow). Whoohoo :s

Anonymouse
Shaka Zulu vs William Wallace anyone? :cheers

Baggronor
This is where gamer logic comes in.

"I've still got 1 Hit Point left!!"

ClawLeader:

regardless of the inaccuracies, its still a fun watch, glad its back.

Border Reiver:

Same as "Beast Wars": my fav was the one where a lion took on a grizzlybear. Yeah, great going you guys: a lion (from Africa) taking on a bear (in the Alaskan snow). Whoohoo :s

Anonymouse
Saw that one - but the match up was Dog-Faced Bear v. Cave Lion. Plausible (in that they were both alive at the same time and living on the same continent), but improbable.

Anyway Deadliest Warrior is a definite turn your brain off and let the violence entertain you sort of show. Relying on it for any sort of accuracy would be bad.