[Archive] Deamon Flask

Thorin:

Havent seen this item in any lists yet, but I think its a cool one, though expensive.

My question is:

what kind of save is it (if there is any). Army builder does not say.

Cheers

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Not sure what you mean by “what kind of save is it”…? Page 197 has the item’s full description so you should be able to find your answer there.

Grimbold Blackhammer

Dr.Mojo:

isn’t that the potion that makes all enemies in a range of 45cm to check panic tests?

Thorin:

It says that buildings, structures, chariots and chariots type profiles, war machines suffer D6 automatic wounds.

But…it doesent say anything about save…

Geist:

In the case of nothing mentioned full save is granted. Add it to the FAQ V2.0 that we need to send ForgeWorld.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

So…take your ward save, if you have one, and keep going. What part is unclear?

Grimbold Blackhammer

zhatan87:

Get a look to the screaming bell rule : it’s a rule which looks like to the daemon flask rule, and thanks to the FAQ skaven, you can make armour and ward saves…

Da Crusha:

I agree with everybody else, if the rule doesn’t forbid saves then you can use them. pretty standard.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Taking armour saves requires an attack to have a strength value which this attack does not have. One could just as easily argue the hits are ST10 as well as they could they being ST3. Furthermore, this would drop the Flask from being a questionable item to take at best to the worst 100 point magic item I’ve seen.

I’m unfamiliar with the Skaven FAQ mentioned - could you quote it or be more specific so I can reference?

Grimbold Blackhammer

Geist:

Grimbold you are incorrect in your very odd thought, armour saves do not require a ST value. If there is no mention of the ST it is a normal armour save. I would like to know where in what passage you have ever read that you came to such a thought. Because there is not a thing in the entire range of books or rule books 8th or 7th, that ever said an armour save must require a ST value. IN fact if you will look at the main rules it says to the effect that unless there is a modifier from the ST value of the attack the armour save is taken at its unmodified value.

Thorin:

I think its unclear wether its a save or not, but i could agree with both sides… A FAQ would clear this up.

That said, 100 points for this items and u get armor and ward save, the Flask is horrible overpriced IMHO.

Cheers

wodan:

I'm unfamiliar with the Skaven FAQ mentioned - could you quote it or be more specific so I can reference?

Grimbold Blackhammer

Grimbold Blackhammer
Here is the Skavens FAQ:
Q: If a unit has its Toughness increased to 7 or more, does the
Deafening Peals hit every model in the unit? Are saves allowed
against Wounds caused by these hits? (p43)
A: Yes to both questions.
The effect are quiet similar, the Screaming Bell 11-12 result inflict a wound to all model with a thoughness value superior or equal to seven on the battlefield, without any mention of strengh or armure modificator / cancel.

And according to the FAQ, save are allowed :~