[Archive] Death or Hashut?

jaegerbomb77:

In a uncomped environment for all armies. Which do you prefer on a bale Taurus? A death lord or a hashut ? I am going back and forth with both. Help me out with your thoughts.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I really like both but I find I can’t afford a second wizard to use all those extra power dice generated by Death so I generally use Hashut. The exception being when I am playing someone for the first time, I use Death so I’m not throwing everything that is completely unknown at them.

Geist:

Metal, that lore does alot.

jaegerbomb77:

That is a very strong point about the 2nd wizard and not enough power dice. I typically run just the solo lord. As for metal. I am not the biggest fan ofbit. Just doesn’t have enough punch

Geist:

Final trans and searing doom let alone golden hounds is not enough punch???

jaegerbomb77:

Final is great. .I have 2 iron daemons that do the same as searing doom. I do like metal do not get me wrong. But I feel hashut and death are more offensive

Geist:

Iron demons dont do the same as searing doom.

Searing doom works on any unit type, thunder stomps from the iron daemons dont work on cav.

Searing doom wounds off armour save, iron daemon has a st5 shot, that has to roll to hit, and limited range. Searing doom is range 24 does d6 shots and wounds off armour saves.

Sorry I just cant see your statement as valid. Saying a iron daemon does the same as the sig spell of metal. Yah just cant see that.

jaegerbomb77:

Well. Good thing my iron daemon shoot at str  6 and ap and has a 24" threat range.  You still have to get that spell off. Where as my iron daemon sits back and shoots the high armor and with MC and DP rampart. I’ll take mine . You can have searing doom

EDIT: Any ways. This wasn’t about metal and my iron daemons. I really would like some feedback on death vs hashut with a lord on a Taurus.

Samanos:

death

you have ld 10 that makes spirit leech awesome and with taurus you can cast snipe spells at the basic casic value since you get close fast. you also get purple sun and doom and darkness. the only reason to take hashut is ashstorm. so no thanks.

and something on metal: transmutation is awesome but the rest require armor to wound. chances are you wont kill the character you want with those as most characters have now the dragonhelm/gem, and go for the monsters instead. still its very good on a lvl 4, but i prefer death. we have other stuff that deal with armor, metal is fineon a lvl 2

BABIS:

death

you have ld 10 that makes spirit leech awesome and with taurus you can cast snipe spells at the basic casic value since you get close fast. you also get purple sun and doom and darkness. the only reason to take hashut is ashstorm. so no thanks.

Samanos
sooo true ;)

I usually play both my wizards with the lore of death, but I'd like try level 4 still with death and the level 1 with metal..

rpitts2004:

I’ve never tried Death but I am really considering it. Purple sun is awesome and like Samanos said, LD 10 flying fast lord with spirit leech will be awesome.

Da Crusha:

if you want to run death make sure to bring the potion of speed. down it before attempting purple sun and give your sorcerer lord a MUCH better chance of survival if you roll a misfire for the distance.

Geist:

death

and something on metal: transmutation is awesome but the rest require armor to wound. chances are you wont kill the character you want with those as most characters have now the dragonhelm/gem, and go for the monsters instead. still its very good on a lvl 4, but i prefer death. we have other stuff that deal with armor, metal is fineon a lvl 2

Samanos
Final trans works on a 5+ or a 6+ flat out. Searing doom works on ar save and it wont hit most characters as they usually hide in units or have 2+ vs flaming. So your casting final trans.

Samanos:

death

Samanos
Final trans works on a 5+ or a 6+ flat out.  Searing doom works on ar save and it wont hit most characters as they usually hide in units or have 2+ vs flaming.  So your casting final trans.

Geist
well like I said above transmutation is awesome but you wont cast it on an ethereal or really small units will you? searing doom is good for things such as empire chickens, tank etc. you can snipe a character with metal by using the golden hounds though they suffer the same limitations with searing doom.
thats why i said death.

Geist:

If its a brick of lets say 5 hex wraiths or 6+ wraiths, you can bet your bottom dollar I will toss it at them at least once. Sure it only works on 6+, but their leadership is crap, and if they are away from general they will go stupid almost promise. That means I bought a turn of no ethereal crap buzzing my lines and my hell cannon can shoot something that matters more.

Ceann Fine:

On a giant cow death is amazing, hashuts main drawback in my opinion are that only two of their spells are that good and if you don’t get ash storm or flames then your not going to get much bang for your buck in the magic phase

Glimpse the Void:

With our old book, I loved a flying caster on death. First reason is positioning the 24" soul blight bubble over their entire force. It also means that you can throw the purple sun bowling ball horizontally through their line, and you get range to snipe characters with your death spells. And every wound gives a chance for more dice…

Now that you mention it, might have to go back to trying this. Anybody else got any experience with flying priests? I’d be curious to know how this would work, though I am scared of all the war machines all over the place…

Yodrin:

I love Hashut cause it kinda fit with our flamey gun line and the Destroyer flamey hits. I always take flameing banner in my IG when i run Hashut, and I have had good luck with that so far :slight_smile: