[Archive] Deathshrieker & Screaming Bell/Furnace

KramDratta:

If I place the counter for the Demolition Rocket on the centre of the Screaming Bell/Furnace, and I roll a hit since the whole model is hit as per Deathshrieker rules, do both the mount & the rider get the Strength 8 hit or do I roll which part of the model is hit (rider or mount)?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

The latest & greatest Skaven FAQ says you randomize who gets the high strength hit.

Grimbold Blackhammer

wallacer:

Yep, that’s right. Randomise which of them gets the “under the hole” hit then the other just gets a regular hit.

Spartacus:

The problem is that if you are using Demolition Rockets, there is no ‘under the hole’ and ‘regular’. There is only one type of shot. I would think it would work like a cannonball, hitting everything at strength 8.

KramDratta:

@Spartacus: That was my impression but I wanted the feedback from you guys. The Cannon has one Strength value, so both the rider & the mount are hit with the same Strength. However if the Dreadquake/Hellcannon were to shoot & hit the model, you’d have to randomise who gets the Strength 10 & the other gets the Strength 5.

furrie:

@Spartacus: That was my impression but I wanted the feedback from you guys. The Cannon has one Strength value, so both the rider & the mount are hit with the same Strength. However if the Dreadquake/Hellcannon were to shoot & hit the model, you'd have to randomise who gets the Strength 10 & the other gets the Strength 5.

KramDratta
Now you only have one kind of strength, so they both got to hit

Neil:

The problem is that if you are using Demolition Rockets, there is no 'under the hole' and 'regular'.  There is only one type of shot.  I would think it would work like a cannonball, hitting everything at strength 8.

Spartacus
I would say the opposite. The Demolition Rocket, is not a template, its a single hit, so I would randomise who gets the hit, same as you would if you hit it with an arrow or a bolt thrower or something.

KramDratta:

I sent an email to Forgeworld

When the Death Shrieker uses the �?~Demolition Rocket�?T ie the 1 inch marker, is that considered a template rules-wise? Ex if it touches 2 models do both of them get hit or does the controlling player get to choose. Same if it hits a rider on a monster mount, since it has one strength value do both get hit (as a cannonball)?
and this is their reply:

Sent: 14 December 2011 12:37

Subject: RE: Deathshrieker query

Hi there.

The �?~Demolition Rocket�?T does not have a 1 inch marker, it just hits one model and if it is not clear as to which model the shot hits, randomize between the models. For a Monster mounted Character the shot hits both elements of the model as with a cannon ball.

Thanks

Tris Buckroyd
So there you have it. It can be considered as our Strength 8 cannon, that can hit only one model.

Cheers

Spartacus:

Thanks for following up on that. Do you this might also be a useful ruling for the case of what happens when you hit buildings.

Would D6 models get a Strength 8 hit? Or only one model?

KramDratta:

Since it works like a cannon, I’d say that you roll D6 hits, each a Strength 8 hit with D6 wounds.

ChungEssence:

Great

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

zhatan87:

Since it works like a cannon, I'd say that you roll D6 hits, each a Strength 8 hit with D6 wounds.
They precise for monster mounted characters, not for buildings.
No template, nor marker, so only one model hit: one hit S8...

KramDratta:

@Zhatan: But if that were the case,it means that the Demolition Rocket is not a template & then characters do not get a Look Out Sir! rolls …

One way to find out … :slight_smile:

KramDratta:

Sent:

Sent: 15 December 2011 13:31

To: Tris Buckroyd

Hi Tris,

Does the Demolition Rocket position/model count as a template ? Ex if a it hits a building do D6 models get hit (like a cannon/stone thrower)? Or if I place it on a character in a unit, does he/she get the Look Out Sir! roll as per cannon/stone thrower?

Cheers
And their reply:

Sent: 15 December 2011 15:51

Hi there.

It will count as a template in that regard and Characters will get look out sir rolls.

Thanks

Tris Buckroyd

zhatan87:

Thanks Kram:)

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

KramDratta:

@Zhatan: You’re welcome mate

All in all, I’m liking the Deathshrieker. It can kill Hydras/Hellpits with one shot, removing the regeneration whilst at the same time can take care of big blocks with the 5" inch template. The Infernal Engineer re-roll improves the reliability.

eratu13:

Folks unless I am missing something the demolition charge is not flaming only the larger template is so while the charges can take out a hellpit or abom they get a regen save

KramDratta:

@Eratu13: Good catch!! Mea culpa, no Flaming Attacks on the Strength 8 hit :frowning: