[Archive] Decals for my army

Time of Madness:

Well I’m trying to decide on decals for my army (shields/banners). I thought about going with some of the old Chaos dwarf art, but I think I want something a little more “modern”. If I went with the old art I’d look at using the skull with lightning bolt through it. (seen below)

I’ve came up with the idea of using bull horns with fire. However I think the design is a little too intricate and I might not be able to replicate it (especially on the small shields).

Opinions? I think I’m going to be going back to the drawing board on this one.

Time of Madness

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Hm, looks too much like a Tribal Tattoo for my taste. I’d go with a much simplified version of that.

Kera foehunter:

i think it look good if you add the rest of the bull face

with flames coming out of his nose too

Time of Madness:

i think it look good if you add the rest of the bull face
with flames coming out of his nose too

Kera foehunter
I think that might be a little too "busy" if I added all that. Would look great on the banners, but not so much on the shields.
Time of Madness

Willmark:

Yeah this is one of those things I’m going to do at some point chaos dwarfs do need something for their shields and I’m not sure I like the old transfers.

Time of Madness:

Yeah this is one of those things I'm going to do at some point chaos dwarfs do need something for their shields and I'm not sure I like the old transfers.

Willmark
If you ever come up with some designs I'd love to see them. It's hard to come up with nice designs that are still simple enough to use as decals.
Time of Madness