[Archive] Demons of the Lesser Realms

Scion:

I had this great idea earlier, inspired when I was thinking about Hashut. There is the Demon’s of Chaos Army Book. But we know there are several other gods, The Horned Rat and Hashut are two. So we could do an army book for them, I just have this great picture of a Bloodletter with a gun melded into his arm.

Anyone up for this?

fonejaker:

The horned rat would be a load of rats but I would think hashuts demons would be bulls and steam powered golems/robots.

Rhazzouth:

Yeah sounds good and cool :wink:

Old One Eye:

Yeah man would be pre koolio

Leon Brachwurster:

I would love to be part of this. I would like to see some daemons of Malal, the fifth chaos god! Or possibly maybe some angels of Sigmar or Morr!

Scion:

Woah!! That was quick!!

If you include The Horned Rat and Hashut as well as Malal we have Seven chaos gods, invent another evil god and we have a second evil quartet. I also love your idea of the Angels of Sigmar, which would just be amazing as would “The Reapers of Morr”. Of course aesthetics don’t matter right now, just getting started.

Would you like me to set up a forum and get going?

Also if you guy’s are interested in rules development and free army books, would you like to take a look at another website I helped found. Some of you may have seen my advert for it earlier: www.thefurnace.webs.com. Anyways…

slev:

Don’t forget Nechoho and Zuvasin, which makes nine with the big four, Hashut and the Horned Rat.

Scion’s idea about Morr “Daemon” is already in the old WH background, as is the equivalent for Taal/Rhya.

Scion:

Could you elaborate on the Demon’s of Morr, or post a couple of links for me? Also it would be awesome to here more about Nechoho. Upon research though the two gods you mention above seem to (possibly) be aspects of Malal.

I’d like to focus on two groups of four in the army book, four bad gods, four god ones, though that could get quite unmanageable.

Also in the wikipedia article on Warhammer Chaos Gods I found:

Melkirth

Sarr’Kell

Kweethul

An’sl, Mo’rcck

Phraz-Etar

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170480

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_(Warhammer)

Grimstonefire:

Trying to fit so many different god’s that have little/no connection will be tricky. How are you planning on getting round this? Or will it more be a case of doing 8 mini lists instead of 2 big ones?

Scion:

I wasn’t nercerssarilly planning on using all of the mentioned gods, merely showing them as possibilities. I think two big ones would be good, though if that proves impossible pairing them up would be good (I quite like the idea of the Angels of Sigmar vs the Angels of Death (Morr).

My current pantheons are thus: Hashut, The Horned Rat, possibly Morr

And Sigmar, Elven God, Lady of the Lake and possibly Morr

My current link with the evil gods are their children races (or the large part they play in a race). Morr I’m unsure off, as he isn’t really evil. He merely provides a place for the dead to live in, so I can see an evil theme (Reapers!) and a good side (Angels of Death). As for the good gods, possibly the desire to stop the main four grabbing (and consuming) the gardens of Morr. Maybe to invade it and free the souls inside.

dncswlf:

WIld stuff man! sounds great! I think mini lists sounds the best… similar to the chaos book that came out as a box set for 4th/5th edition… where it included the daemons of, warriors of, and beastmen of… as one list (sort of)!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Bring Malal into the whole thing and go hunt down all the other Chaos Gods and their minions. :wink:

slev:

IDHMBWM, so I can’t remember the name of the “Greater Daemon of Death/Death Elemental”, but it looks like a seven-foot tall grim-reaper. There wasn’t much on it, neither is there much on the “Greater Daemon of Life/Life Elemental”, who’s name I also can’t recall, but she appears as a seven-foot-tall green-skinned women with hair of flowers.

Nechoho and Zuvassin where invented to replace Malal, as the rights to him are disputed.

Nechoho is “The Doubter”, de despises organised religion, or religion in general. He is effectively an anti-theist deity, hence a contradictory pure manifestation of Chaos. He’s strike down the worship of the Young Gods, Old Faith, Chaos Gods and Gods of Law equally. Good or evil is irrelevent, much like with the rest of Chaos.

The last three Chaos Powers you mentioned are in-jokes, oddly rendered versions of the names: Brian Ansel (GW honcho), Michael Moorcock (fantasy writer who heavily influenced WH), and Frank Frazetta (fantasy artist).

Could you elaborate on the Demon’s of Morr, or post a couple of links for me? Also it would be awesome to here more about Nechoho. Upon research though the two gods you mention above seem to (possibly) be aspects of Malal.

I’d like to focus on two groups of four in the army book, four bad gods, four god ones, though that could get quite unmanageable.

Also in the wikipedia article on Warhammer Chaos Gods I found:

Melkirth

Sarr’Kell

Kweethul

An’sl, Mo’rcck

Phraz-Etar

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170480

Warhammer 40,000 - Wikipedia

Scion

Scion:

Having read up Necoho is a no go (as he’s a paradox) and I’d like to do Malal, but I don’t want to get sued or anything, so would need to no more about disputed rights etc. What we could do is make one of the “joke” gods similar to him.  Zuvassin could be possible, with an interesting playstyle if we tried.

Researching Morr I found this page: http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Morr, which answers all of my questions and shows Morr as the protector of the Dead, so obviously on the good side. I have great pictures of the Dead spirits marching to war in an effort to defend the Shadow Realms.  I have yet to find any information about his greater Demon though.

Another avenue we have yet to go down is that of the Old Faith. Which includes Morr, The Lady of the Lake, Shallaya (another god of healing). A quite cool way to do this would be to have them as a “family”, as one army. Where one god provides the Healers etc. Though combining several gods as “aspects” of another could be a way to work round there being so many of them, which also has the slant of the believers being deceived.

Which leaves us with;

Morr, Sigmar, Lady of the Lake, Shallaya?
Hashut, Horned Rat, Zuvassin and another.

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Old_Faith

P.S I’m away this weekend (darn) so won’t be doing anything.

Scion:

Just got back from the weekend away and raring to go. I plan on splitting them into two lists, The Angelic Hosts list (the good four) and The Renegade Hosts list. I’m quite happy with the good line up and have some quite cool idea’s for the Old religion, but getting the bad four to work together is going to be tricky.

Leon Brachwurster:

What is the final breakdown of the other pantheons? Which are the 4 good and 4 bad?

Scion:

In the good corner we have: Morr, Sigmar, Lady of the Lake, Asuryan

And in the evil corner we have: Hashut, Horned Rat, Zuvassin, Khaine

Basically a host of Angels (Morr and Sigmar), supported by the Ethereal knights of the Lady of the Lake (what happens to the boys with magical powers in Brettonia). And the Phoinex warriors of the elven god Asuryan.

In the evil corner we Hahust, who’s Demons bear mystical and mechanical gifts. The Horned rat that swarms towards the enemy with tides of vermin and pestilent beats warped by Chaos. I’m not quite sure about Zuvassin but I’ll think of something. Then Khaine the arch enemy of Morr.

Leon Brachwurster:

Once we complete this pantheon, can we try Gork and Mork fro the Green Hordes and Grungni and Grimnir for the dwarfs?

Scion:

That would be awesome as well! I’ll set up a few threads in the Rules Development area, as long as the admins don’t mind.