[Archive] Dino's chaos dwarf log(update 3-07-2009)

Dino:

With a TOFP almost finished on Warseer, and with it my Empire almost finished I decided to start collecting for the next TOFP. So sence I wanted to start collecting and converting chaos dwarfs I thought this was a good opportunity to start. But I also wanted to collect and convert lizardmen as well. So i decided to do both. My plan is to get roughly about 1200 points of both.

So first I will start with my plans for the chaos dwarfs. It’s fairly strait forward. Use dwarf and choas bitz for the chaos dwarfs. For the hobgoblins I use night goblins. For bull centaurs I plan on using chaos, dwarfs, and grudge ponies. Not shure for war machines and bigger monsters. And lastly orc and goblin slaves will be bassicly strait from the box.

Now for my plans for the lizardmen. My main conversion plans for them is to convert them to look more like dinosaurs. Saurus warriors and kroxigors will be the bigger meat eating dinos like T-rex, and Spinosaurus. Skinks will basiclly be raptors. Swarms will probably be compies.

And thats that for my plans.

But I do have a pic to start of this log. These are the humble start of my Bull Centaurs.

What do you guys think so far?

Vexxus:

I will be really interested in seeing the finished product, if you get a chance can u take some other angles of these too! I am having a bit of trouble grasping the transition because of the beard from this angle hehe but a nice idea, this unit is really open to interpretation so its great to see yours!

Keep us posted on your progress!

Dino:

Thx Vexxus. I’ll be shure to take more shots of them. I had a different idea originally for the heads than these ones. But I like the way they’re turnning out.

Khan!:

I definitely like the head on the left, but the one on the right is slightly more goatish than I would interpret Bull Centaurs. That said, if your army ends up being more savage and beasty-looking then beasty-BCs will fit in well! Are you going to add mustaches to them?

Dino:

Thx Khan! My plan is to add mustaches to them and probably more beard and hair in general.

Dino:

OK here are pics of my newsest bull centaur.

One of the thing I wanted to do is beef up the grudge pony body. So I decided to start with adding more to the upper back where the pony body joins with the dwarf body like so.

I’m gonna hold off on doing any thing else to these guys until I get my one last grudge pony like the others.

Ps. sorry for the bad pics. My camera is starting to have troubles focussing.

Knight Of Awsome:

The heads are good for bull centaurs, but you my want to rotate the horns are straight forward for some of them.

whats part did you use for the lower half of the body?

Dino:

I can do better than just rotate. I can just buy them like that. The lower bodies are grudge ponies.

AGPO:

Nice ideas, can’t wait to see them realised

Merchant:

Wow :o I’like those wild guys, I hope to see them completed in the near future :slight_smile:

Mann thats a great idea, keep them coming - mate :slight_smile:

Cheers :cheers

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I really like your take on the BC. The beastmen heads seem to work quite nicely!

BTW what exactly is a TOFP? :slight_smile:

Dino:

@AGPO: Thx, I can’t wait to see these armies realised as well.

@Merchant:Thx, I’ll definetly try to keep them coming.

@Ishkur Cinderhat: Thx man, I hope to have them done soon myself. Anyway TOFP(short for Tale of Fantasy Painters) is something being done on Warseer were every month you take and paint up 200 points of what ever army(or armies) you have chosen. I really like it to be honest. It’s a great way to get motivated and paint.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

@Ishkur Cinderhat: Thx man, I hope to have them done soon myself. Anyway TOFP(short for Tale of Fantasy Painters) is something being done on Warseer were every month you take and paint up 200 points of what ever army(or armies) you have chosen. I really like it to be honest. It's a great way to get motivated and paint.

Dino
This sounds very good! And one unit per month doesn't sound like a lot of stress and hard work either. :)

ashur:

Weirg idea. Seems nice to mix dwarf beards with BC

Kera foehunter:

I like it .great way to change things up a bite.

Dino:

@Ishkur Cinderhat: Yes, it really isn’t much of a great stress.

@ashur:Thx. I mainly did this becouse I thought it would be cool and that nobody has done this before.

@Kera foehunter:Thx.

Now it’s time for an update on the bull centaurs.

Now all I have to do is get a couple left arms from either BC or marauders, some bases, and more Ungor heads then I should be ready to finish these first four up.

minty:

I didn’t like the BC before, but now I realy like those finished ones.

maybe want to clean up those bodies, as there a bit flaky on the pics. I hope mine look half as good as those guys there:)

PS: what gave you the idea to use Beastman heads? It’s a cool idea just wondering:cheers

Dino:

Well minty the story goes something like this. When I was first starting them I was origanally use the regular dwarf heads that had been shaved of their helmets to make them seem bald. But then I thought that maybe I would use some beastmen heads instead. So I gave it a try and found that I rather liked it.

But your right about the bodies. I used a regular hobby knife instead of a dremril like I was hopping too. But don’t worry as soon as I can I will clean them up.

minty:

ah gotcha, it does look very good though. It was an unusual idea that wokred out well

and I can’t wait to see these guys painted:cheers

Kera foehunter:

great group of bull centaurs