[Archive] Dino's chaos dwarf log(update 3-07-2009)

GRNDL:

This might sound rather negative, but it isn’t intended to be. I like this approach to BCs but I can’t help but think they look too much like Chaos Beastmen rather than Chaos Dwarves. Are you going to add things to them to bring them back under the banner of the Dawi Zharr? Like big hats, or more curly dreads?

Dino:

Don’t worry I plan on giving them curly beards and the brick looking armour. Thx for the comments though. I think I should have put up before that they are still very W.I.P.

Dino:

OK so i’m taking a quick break from my Bull Centaurs and have been working on two big monster each for both Lizardmen and Chaos Dwarfs. Now I had an urge to make a monster for both armies because I thought it would be cool and I didn’t want to pay a punch of money for them. So the monster I chose for the Chaos Dwarfs was the Great Taurus while for the Lizardmen I picked the Carnosaur. Any way I sketched up some pics for both so here’s basiclly what I’m going for:

Carnosaur

Great Taurus

Now with a little chat with someone who’s done this before he revealed to me that he used Fimo sculpt for the basic structure of his own monster. So I decided to give it a try. The basic idea for useing this stuff is that you use the Fimo clay as the bases of the beast(or beasts in my case) then you go in with GS and add detail and such. So I bought some and have been working on making the head and front body for both of them. So here is what I got so far:

So what do you guys think so far?

minty:

it’s hard to tell, as there just blobs of putty but I’m sure itt’ll look great

and that carnosar looks to docie, make it more mean and chompy looking

Kera foehunter:

ha ha look like blue blobs

Dino:

I think it’s time for an update.

First up Is some more work on the Bullcentaurs.

Just need to make a stach for them and then I’ll start work on the rest of their armour.

Last is some stuff to show where i’m going with my lizardmen. The plan is to make them look more like dinosaurs and these following ones I think do just that.Note: I didn’t paint these.

For the saurus warriors I plan on tring to make them look like the big meat eaters. The the types they suppose to be is as follows(from left to right:Allosaurus, Carnotaurus, Cryolophosaurus, and Spinosaurus). To help here are some pics of the dino heads i’ll be using for the saurus.

Top=Cryolophosaurus

Bottom=Carnotaurus

Top=Spinosaurus

Bottom=Allosaurus

Top=Giganotosaurus

Bottom=T-Rex

Dino:

No replies? This is starting to turn out like my logs on other forums.

Anyway a quick little update. Last night and this morning i’ve been working on two Hobgoblin bolt throwers for my Chaos Dwarf army. This is what I hot so far.

They’re only about 75% done but look good none the less.

Steven:

Those bolt throwers look great! That’s a really good idea. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product on the BCs too.

asheira:

awsome BT nice to see another bolt thrower made from the miner drills, i realy should make mine as soon as possable.

the sheild is a nice addition

Kera foehunter:

WOW now thats some cool bolt thower!!! i also like the battle standard of the bullys

Hashut’s Blessing:

The bolt through the shield works very well. I’d suggest perhaps having some form of sighting mechanism or a slot to aim by (in front of the eye glass may be best) and also to space the wheels further apart if possible. Otherwise, good work! As for the BCs, I’d say that with the moustaches, they will look much better! (I’d like to see a less damaged instrument for the BCs. They are the temple guard after all…)

minty:

that is a very good bolt thrower, it’s a new idea but works well

now they just need crew and paint:)

furrie:

cool bolttrowers

Knight Of Awsome:

Some edges will need to be cleaned up, but i think you know which ones I’m talking about. nice concept, i cant wait to see the hobgoblins.

Vexxus:

I am enjoying watching the progress on your centaur models, they are looking quite epic already! Those are some giant curly beards for the hairs beasts :slight_smile:

The bolt throwers are fancy, and will make a great addition to your army. The excellent use of the Chaos Warrior shields will provide a nice area for some colour to the paint scheme also.

Keep up the good work!

Dino:

Thx for the feed back guys.

I’ve had a busy month so far and wasn’t able to get much done(that and I’m out of GS). But I have gotten some work done on the bolt throwers.

All I need to do is get something for cables, and a few more things and then all I need to do is get the crew and then I can move on to other stuff.

AGPO:

Nice work, what did you use for the bottom part of the bolt throwers?

al-hashut:

looks like half the grudge pony wagon. Great idea Dino, making something useful out of a bunch of gubbinz. May i add, please keep the barrels and the spears parralel to eachother for ballistic realism (one appears to be a little bent)

I’ll be watching for updates

Kera foehunter:

if thats a barrow of rum1!!! i will be your gunner.That’s a great idea Dino!!!

AGPO:

I might have to go out and get me a box of miners…