[Archive] Dino's log of commission and ebay mini's

Kera foehunter:

hey i think they will like it !! they look nice

nice clean bright colors

the horses look great

Hashut’s Blessing:

I see no reason for them not liking it. Those are excellent. I wish I could paint my marauder horsemen to that standard (when I buy some :wink: ).

Dino:

Thx guys. And Hashut’s Blessing if ever you need painting tips don’t be affraid and ask.

Well back a really small update for this log.

Night Goblin shaman

Getting back in the commission painting groove after a few days of playing FF7(actually did get pretty far on it). Have a fair bit yet to paint on him yet and need to get painting those spider riders soon as well.

Will have more latter.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Coming along very nicely.

Thanks for the offer, but I have the knowledge, just not the skill :wink:

You said your prices are going up soon, do you mind me asking to how much, please?

Kera foehunter:

Dino what pants did you use for the goblin skinn??

Dino:

@Hashut’s Blessing: Follow the link https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/11060

@Kera foehuner:Snot green, goblin green and scorpion green.

Well I new work on my clients stuff so here we go.

Character on pegasus

This guy is kinda a pain in the arse but is comming along well. Gotta redo the hat and work a lot on the black areas.

Templar grand master

This guy is rather fun to paint. Just about finished with this one. Have a few small details left to add and he’s finished.

Mounted BSB

I really need to work on this guy some more but is off to a great start.

Wizards

Like the BSB need to work more on them.

Free company

Commong along well but need to work faster.

Night Goblin Shaman

This guys pretty close to being finished but need to figure out what to do for it’s hood thing.

Spider riders

Got some small things to finish up for them and then they are finished.

Thats all for now. Will have more soon.

Kawazu:

Your gobbos are lovely! Especially I like the skin, which colours did you use?

If I can, I just find the highlights on black a bit harsh. I know it isn’t easy at all to get good hl on that colour…

Great job on the horsemen too.

Dino:

Thx Kawazu.

Now for an update. First up is some finished work.

Captisus

Templar Grand Master

Gold Wizard

Night Goblin Shaman

Spider Riders

I like how these guys have turned out except the gold wizard. Not so sure about this one. Let me know what think.

And here are the works in progress.

Mounted BSB

Death Wizard

Free Company

Still a little work on these and then I have spearmen and a swordsman to paint.

More work will follow shortly.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking excellent! Witht he gold wizard, I think it’s the yellow of the robe and the gold of the “beard” that is the problem. They are alchemists, so mayhaps make the beard silvery or some strange blue/purple tinted metal. It’d help to break it up and might settle the problem of you not being happy with it :wink:

Why was the pegasus cpatain guy such a pain to paint then? Tricky areas from being prebuilt or something?

With the goblin’s hood, a simply crescent moon emblem painted on could settle it or something similar. Otherwise, it’s all excellent stuff and the clients should be proud!

Dino:

@Hashut’s Blessing: The main pain in the rear was the hat. I had tried a couple ideas for it but none of them looked that great.

Have another update for everybody.

Mounted BSB

Wizard

Swordsman Sergeant

Spearmen

Free company

Coming along nicely and quickly(some more then others). I hope to be done with them this weekend and I think I can make that happen with a little help from The Lord of the Rings movies.

Will have another update either this Sunday or Monday.

Dino:

Time for an update.

I’m now finished with all the commission work. And here it is.

Mounted BSB

Death Wizard

Swordsman seargent

Spearmen

Free Company

Very happy i’m done with them all. Now I can mail them and get money.

Kera foehunter:

wow Dino i love the mounted BSB great job

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking excellent! What’s next then?

Dino:

@Kera foehunter: Thx. I’m kinda proud how he turned out as well. Though to be honest I had no clue how I wanted him to turn out.

@Hashut’s Blessing: Thx man. Next i’m gonna start buying battalion sets or the starter boxes, paint them and sell them on ebay. First up will be either new empire battalion set or Assult of black reach.

Dino:

Now for the next step in my quest to make money of miniatures.

I plan to start buying battalion sets, paint them up, then sell them on Ebay. Hopefully I’ll get lots of money for this. Next box I plan to paint up is the space wolves when they come out.

Will update either this week or next week.

Kera foehunter:

well i think they will sell by what you have already painted!!

Dino:

Thats what i’m banking on. Hopefully i’ll get a lot of money for them as well.

Kera foehunter:

i think you should ! there not that many people that painting that well on e-bay

Dino:

Here’s the test mini for the ebay empire.

It’s not done yet but so far it’s quick simple and easy to paint…Perfect.

Hashut’s Blessing:

What sort of colours are you thinking for the shield and sword pommel? Any colour other than white on the uniform? (Although, I think the plain white is fine, persoally.) Any more progress on the commissioned works yt?