[Archive] Dino's log of commission and ebay mini's

Hashut’s Blessing:

What sort of colours are you thinking for the shield and sword pommel? Any colour other than white on the uniform? (Although, I think the plain white is fine, persoally.) Any more progress on the commissioned works yt?

Dino:

Sheilds gonna be black and sword’s pomel is my regular leather.

Now for an update on the whole unit.

They’re comming along nicely. Still have a fair bit to do on them but I’m just glade the uniforms are done(nice painting one color for uniforms).

Will be back with another update later in the week.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking very good so far! I think they most certainly pull together very nicely as a unit. Lovey blues, simply beautiful. Can’t wait to see them finished.

Dino:

Well they’re not finished but here’s an update.

Swordsman

Female Dwarf Pirates

The swordsmen are coming along quickly. The female dwarf pirates are a commisssion and only have their skin painted up at the moment. Still lots to do on both.

Well thats all for now. Will be back with more next week.

speedygogo:

The femme dwarf pirates look great. I can’t wait to see them finished. I like the other stuff but there is just something about dwarf pirate chicks that screams awesome.

Kera foehunter:

Wow i love the flesh on them dino !!! the eyes are great too!! i can’t wait to see more

Dino:

Thx guys.

Ebay Swordsmen

Stillhave lots to do but i’m getting their. May need to slow down just a bit.

Female Pirate Dwarfs

Just getting more ideas on how to paint them. Now just to paint more on them.

Kera foehunter:

Your doing great !! there has to be a blonde LOL
Need maybe purple ??and red ??in there outfits i love the white faced one gives it that voodoo look

Dino:

Back with just the female pirate dwarfs.

My client suggested purples and reds for the main sceme and thought it could work. But now I’m not so sure. Does any body have any ideas for them?

Will be back with finished swordsmen next update. I promise.

Dino:

Finished unit is the ebay swordsmen.

Banner

Now that they are done I can sell them and start painting up great swords and finish the female dwarf pirates.

Will have an update on those great swords later this week.

tjub:

Your doing great !! there has to be a blonde LOL
Need maybe purple ??and red ??in there outfits i love the white faced one gives it that voodoo look

Kera foehunter
Too lazy to paint? :P

@Dino: Great work here! I cant paint more than five 28mm models at the same time without getting bored. Hehe...

GRNDL:

Typo on the banner, Dino, “Riekland” should read “Reikland” if I’m not mistaken.

Dino:

@tjub: Thx man. I the long learned ability to keep painting. Watching movies really helps. Maybe you could try that and see how much you get done.

@GRNDL: Your correct. I’ve already changed it.

Note: Please ignore what the banner says in the swordsman unit. I know it’s a typo so don’t tell me or remind me. And do not I have made the proper corection.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking excellent! As for the colours of the female dwarf pirates: it seems they are made fromdaemonette torsos, so you could give them red tabards and purple corsets (gold/silver trim/edging). You can also add tattoos of both/either colour, maybe add some of each to the hair? Just some ideas.

Dino:

Thx for the advice Hashut’s blessing. But I think I may need to go to my client for some ideas here.

Well only one thing i’m gonna update on this log and that is the start of my greatswords.

these guys are from Carroburg becouse thats were Reikland gets them. I they are comming along bery quickly wich is great for me.

Will update on Monday.

Kera foehunter:

i like the Red and black some gold would look great with them maybe there weapons

Hashut’s Blessing:

Most welcome. Of course it’s btter to ask the client :wink: If they can’t think of things, feel free to suggest those :stuck_out_tongue:

Red Empire is looking great so far!

Crube:

Those Greatswords look great. THey seem to have a fantastic skin colour/tone - how did you go about it?

Dino:

@Kera foehunter: I will be adding gold to them but not on their weapons.

@Hashut’s Blessing: Thx man.

@Crube: The skin tones are rather easy once you find a good way to do them. I do human skin as follows.

Tallaran Flesh

Devlin Mud wash

Tallaran flesh highlight

3/1 Tallaran Flesh and elf flesh

1/3 Tallaran flesh and elf flesh

Last is extreme highlights of elf flesh.

Another small update again.

Last thursday I got ten chaos warriors from a client and here’s how they look after three days of work on them.

I like how simple the main color of the armour is with these guys. Makes things move along quickly.

Lady pirate dwarfs

I’ve finally found a good color scheme to use for these gals and the best part is my client likes them. Shouldn’t take much longer to finish them.

Well don’t expect to hear from me for maybe a week or a week and a half. Until then.

Dino:

Well i’m back and happy to report that I have finished the female dwarfs and chaos warriors.

Female dwarf pirates

Chaos Warriors

Now I just have to finish up the greatswords. until then.