[Archive] Disturbing thought of CD future!

Leadblecher:

I haven’t much thought about it much, but I keep hearing rumors of new CD units and possibly a hero coming out for this summers campaign. As I look at the possibilitys of this coming to fruitation, it dawns on me that CDs may turn into a Allied contingent much like the Kislevites. I am building an all Kislev army at the moment and reading through the army book, I realised that with only a couple af units and one hero, the most likely idea would be an add-on to an existing army, making a very limited pure CD list. I could see possible friendly allies with the Ogres, Chaos hordes, Beasts of Chaos, and on unfriendly allies with Orcs and Goblins. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Remember that this is only a speculation based on rumors and may not hold any weight at all.

cornixt:

See my thread in the Rules/Codex section on the list I came up with. It has been updated a bit since i last posted. To summarise, it is pretty much just the CD parts of the current list, a few extra rules and magic items. Very flexible though (maybe too much) so you can still have slave armies if you want.

Father Grumpmas:

As far as the Summer campaign goes, the idea that CD will get a unit appears to be pure fantasy. GW can’t even be bothered in properly updating us for 7th edition so I think a new unit is highly unlikely - it is basicly a rumour within a rumour (if it is rumoured we get a new model, why not a new unit).

I will be surprised (happily) if we even see a new model of any description.

The Dark One:

we won’t be getting any new models for this campagn, but we will get an army book this edition.

metro_gnome:

and it may very well be an allied style list…

personally i’d be happy with the idea…

i like cornixt’s… tho i think it is too elaborate…

i’d like to see the kislev model followed more closely…

Grimstonefire:

Interesting idea, what if we pester them to either update the fluff/rules for an existing character, or create a new one if they don’t plan to release any actual models.

That would probably take all of a couple of hours of work, heck, we could even do it an send it to them!

At least then we would get something ‘official’.

@The Dark One

Whilst I recognise your avatar from Warseer (I think), where rumours rise and fall, at least 1 person here has apparantly seen a new CD model (revlid??? I forget).

True it may never get released, but models might exist already.

The Dark One:

@The Dark One
Whilst I recognise your avatar from Warseer (I think), where rumours rise and fall, at least 1 person here has apparantly seen a new CD model (revlid???��I forget).

True it may never get released, but models might exist already.

Grimstonefire
i am from warseer (changed my avatar). prefer this site, so much nicer

the chance that they release a chaos dwarf model for the campagn is very slim. i'm going to change what i said very slightly from book to army book.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I can well imagine that the people at GW are toying with new styles and designs and miniature prototypes for a future CD army book, which might be a possible source for new models.

However, the Chaos Dwarfs don’t fit into this campaign in any way fluff-wise, so I really can’t believe there will be a new model for a hero or unit for this campaign. New Empire, Orc and Dwarf miniatures are confirmed as of this month, and the way I see this these will be it and nothing else.

However, the Games Day in France might shed some light on the new miniatures for the summer campaign so why don’t we just wait for the first pictures of that event. :wink:

Cheers!

Grimstonefire:

When is that?

i think had Games Day Atlanta down as the first major one of the year

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well over here in the old world, France is next with their Games Day taking place in Paris on April 15th. ^^

AGPO:

If anyone is heading in the way of a games day any time soon, I’d recommend trying to get tickets to the seminars. I heard about the hellcannon before even my local GW staff thanks to those, you get to see all the concept art and ‘greens’ for all their projects for the next year or so. If there’s any ‘big’ stuff to be revealed however, its normally at GDUK :slight_smile: (i’m trying not to be smug about this:cheers) If there are gonna be any new CDs any time soon you’ll here about it there.

Xander:

I will try to see one of these seminars then. :smiley:

Uzkul Werit:

There hasn’t been any seminars at GD:UK for years. Our only source of info is the (very) unhelpful Games Developers.

Grimstonefire:

There hasn't been any seminars at GD:UK for years. Our only source of info is the (very) unhelpful Games Developers.

Uzkul Werit
That and the few GW staff who happen to attend the meetings at GW HQ and share info... I forget who it was, or even if he is on this site.

But for 'official' stuff, we are more likely to learn a lot more by seminars in other countries.

oboudd:

I think they might become part of the hoards of chaos(like in the old days).

Uzkul Werit:

I hope not. Chaos with anymore than just the one war machine and the army will be as broken as hell.

AGPO:

There really would be no place for CDs in regular chaos armies. The Dwarfs themselves would be ineffectually slow in a virtually all CC army and couldn’t compete with either Chaos Warriors or Marrauders for the infantry block role. BCs and hobbos on wolves have the same problem compared to Chaos Knights and Marrauder horsemen respectively - they simply clash with what exists and are no better. As Uzkul Werit says, the war machines would unbalance the army and chaos has enough variety in its infantry choices without needing greenskins

wallacer:

I’d be happy with a list in some kind of Storm of Chaos book.

Opponent’s consent would be better than nothing…

Hashut’s Blessing:

Has anyone noticed how the GWs of everywhere bar England have recognised the existance of CDs? Canada had the CDs in a competiton of their White Dwarf team or something, America has given rules for Rythark the Unbreakable…

Lord Archaon:

… Italia sell them as conversion kits. Yes it’s quite annoing.:frowning: