[Archive] Do chaos dwarf females exist?

Border Reiver:

It was still funny GRNDL - it’s only bad when you direct it towards your friend’s sister, or daughter…

Piccolo:

Yes, I think the answer is self-evident, they aren't living fungus (Orcs) or supernatural, therefore they must have ladies too.

Baggronor
A little off topic, Orcs are not living fungus, you're confusing them with Orks from WH 40k. Orcs reproduce just like humans (where do you think half orcs come from :P)

As to the female Chaos Dwarfs who knows. If the dwarf lifespan is 100.000 years or more then i suppose that there could be no ladies :D
If chaos dwarfs do have ladies it's surprising that the Overlords didn't implement some form of twisted reproduction program since Chaos Dwarfs are so few. And as they delve in eugenics (Black Orcs) I think this would be very much in theme.:hat off

Scion:

Yeah, breeding pens etc. :mad Communal nurseries and indoctrination toward the government. Very in Character I think.

Baggronor:

A little off topic, Orcs are not living fungus, you're confusing them with Orks from WH 40k. Orcs reproduce just like humans (where do you think half orcs come from )
I was under the impression that such ghastly things as Orc women were glossed over in Fantasy... :) plus I'm well aware of half orcs, but I've never seen them in Warhammer.
If the dwarf lifespan is 100.000 years or more then i suppose that there could be no ladies
Even Malekith, the oldest living elf, is 'only' 6000 years old.

Dwarf lifespan is about 300 years in Warhammer. Some live to be older, especially Runesmiths, and its accepted that famous individuals tend to live greater lengths in Warhammer, but for the average dwarf its about 300 years I believe. I don't see why Chaos Dwarfs would differ greatly, presumably the sorcerers live longer by virtue of sorcery and massive evil :)

Piccolo:

half orcs were present in the older editions of warhammer FB and i think they still are present in warhammer rpg.

Khunag:

It was still funny GRNDL - it's only bad when you direct it towards your friend's sister, or daughter....

Border Reiver
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to meet her father or brother ;)

Thommy H:

presumably the sorcerers live longer by virtue of sorcery and massive evil :)

Baggronor
I always thought they'd have shorter lifespans because of the Sorcerers' Curse.

Baggronor:

I always thought they'd have shorter lifespans because of the Sorcerers' Curse.
It would make sense, but it doesn't seem appropriate to me somehow. I kinda see them as (un)naturally living longer than the rest and spending their last few centuries clinging to life as they turn to stone.

Piccolo:

maybe they gained prolonged life through the pact with Hashut. Or maybe it’s just the chaos mutations effect :hat

torn:

as far as i know there has never ever been half orcs in warhammer fantasy or warhammer fantasy rpg. They may have made miniatures under marauder but before the warhammer world was evolved. half orcs are a d&d thing. They have made blood bowl orc cheerleaders for a long time, but blood bowl is not strictly warhammer canon.

I definately think there would have to be chaos dwarf females. games workshop have just overlooked them as they dont turn up in the armies, the same with females of most warhammer races. They dont really support chaos dwarfs in the black library, so they never get mentioned there. There is no reason why chaos dwarfs and regular dwarfs should be any different in regards to reproduction. Also when the holds were turned to chaos all the females of that hold would turn as well.

Piccolo:

as far as i know there has never ever been half orcs in warhammer fantasy or warhammer fantasy rpg.

torn
ok then how do u explain the half orc mercenaries from the 3rd edition of WFB and the half orcs from the 1995 WFRPG book;P

torn:

can you remind me which edition is 3rd edition? I have a slight memory of marauder miniatures half orcs but no connection at all to the warhammer world as it is now. I also have no memory of half orcs in any wfrp book, although if they are in a suppliment for the 2st edition then i may have missed them and i apolagise for questioning you superior knowledge :stuck_out_tongue: I still stand by the fact that half orcs dont exist in warhammer as it is written today.

cornixt:

3rd edition was before CDs got an army book. There were half-Orcs in it, although I can’t recall any specific models for them, just rules.

Sojourn:

female CDs exist… they’re just too busy out buying nice shoes! :slight_smile: well, that’s where I’d be for sure.

wallacer:

Why buy shoes when you can get slaves to carry you anywhere you want to go?

Sojourn:

Why buy shoes when you can get slaves to carry you anywhere you want to go?

wallacer
even better! then you don't wear out the soles! :) and even if you never walk in them, you want your feet to look beautiful. Additionally, female CD's have a regiment of slaves to carry shopping bags behind the regiment of slaves carrying the female CD in her new, beautiful shoes.

I can't believe no one's ever seen them with so many slaves around, you'd think they'd draw attention!

Baggronor:

I can't believe no one's ever seen them with so many slaves around, you'd think they'd draw attention!
Zharr Naggrund is pretty damn big, big enough to contain more than enough shopping centres I'd wager :) They never have to venture outside

Thorne:

even better! then you don't wear out the soles! :) and even if you never walk in them, you want your feet to look beautiful.  Additionally, female CD's have a regiment of slaves to carry shopping bags behind the regiment of slaves carrying the female CD in her new, beautiful shoes.

Sojourn
Well now I get it thats the reason my wife drags me around every shop and ever store in a major metropolis because she needs a slave to carry the bags.

But back on topic dwarven females in tolkien land and others have been like gold dust. Specialy in most major dwarf thinking kins/guild in games too. I know from experaince in lord of the rings online (sad I play videogames also) that a dwarven female affords the best treatment and high accord whenever she adventures indeed taking the kinships most elite warriors with her every where she goes not one but 5 top level champion and guardians will protect her at every turn sad true but there it is.

Sojourn:

But back on topic dwarven females in tolkien land and others have been like gold dust.

Thorne
Well, in was it the Two Towers movie, there is reference to female dwarfs, when Gimli is talking to Eowyn, and Aragorn makes a joke about "it's the beards" as to why they can't differentiate between them.

I think someone referenced it. But let's remember that specifically in the models, women are few and far between... because, as Xander reminds me, it's a 'war strategy' game. so despite women going to battle now, etc, it's still a predominantly male occupation, and I doubt in the fluff any guy (or teenage boy) wants to read about marital bliss/woes amongst the CDs ;) (think Princess Bride, 'awww, they aren't kissing again? are they grampa? no more mushy kissy stuff')

Baggronor:

so despite women going to battle now, etc, it's still a predominantly male occupation,
Yeah, its not a 21st century mindset, its a dark ages-type place. Its only the 'enlightened' races like Elves where women turn up to fight as well.
But back on topic dwarven females in tolkien land and others have been like gold dust.
Yup, Dwarf women seem rare to the point that they are almost quasi-mythical to other races. Or perhaps it is just the beards that hide them :)
any guy (or teenage boy) wants to read about marital bliss/woes amongst the CDs
Or amongst anyone else for that matter ;P