[Archive] Do you get beat alot in warhammer

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Pish! Noob! I stopped playing my pure Night Goblin army with the current army book because I don't like it to be honest, but the last edition I was undefeated with them for a straight 2 dozen games. Players tend to think it's all about fanatics and magic, boy do they have it wrong! Yes my main opponents were dwarfs and I didn't get to play many other opponents with the force but i did play a particularly hardcore tourney player who we played a 1k pt game whereby he designed his list to beat Night Goblins. I took my standard list (stuff a list tailored to anyone, gotta be against everyone and use the same list) and we drew, only because we got to the 6th turn and were having so much fun I said I wanted to use my Wallopa's One Hit Wunda in combat on his lord so if we left each other's unit alone he'd charge and we'd face off next turn for the heck of it. Of course, beinga sneaky Night Goblin, I used that ring that casts the Head Butt spell to 'eadbutt his general in my turn, and well, whilst it didn't do anything, the dwarf didn't take kindly to that. Unleash 5 strength 5 throwing axes and the flying hammer at my general and he was good and solidly dead. A chunk of my army fled and we drew because of it, but otherwise I was winning. No one expects a Giant in a 1k pt game. No one expects 2 in a 2k pt game, and everyone is scared crapless of it, so they shoot it. If the giant lasts to turn tow I am happy, turn 3 I am stuinned, 4 laughing, 5 I am jumping up and down lol! ;) Then you have Squigs, and Squig riders, Magic, fanatics though not as many as most people use and all sorts of shooting fun - shortbows - no bolt throwers they are NOT Night Goblins, they are COMMON Goblins, yep, I'm a purist am I! Godbob, how to win with O&G's is to have so many distractions in the army that the enemy has no idea what is going on. Half the time you won't either but that is the true strength of Orcs and Goblins.

Auretious Taak.

Auretious Taak
Yes i've tried that and it's been succesful problem is that I play lots of large multplayer games and I seem to be at the back as cannon fodder but once I charge theres no stopping me but i'm behind slow armys so I can't get into combat which means I die and nexts time people put me at the back because they think orcs aren't good and its a never ending cycle.

but i'll show them :hashut

two_heads_talking:

Godbob, you just need to be more orcy and tell them you are going to be in the front, or you’ll just pack your toys up and go home. Perhaps then they won’t be so dumb…

Godbob, you just need to be more orcy and tell them you are going to be in the front, or you'll just pack your toys up and go home. Perhaps then they won't be so dumb..

two_heads_talking
Try saying that to an ogre player

(Who dosen't seem to be able to play them:P )

two_heads_talking:

Godbob, you just need to be more orcy and tell them you are going to be in the front, or you'll just pack your toys up and go home. Perhaps then they won't be so dumb..

two_heads_talking

(Who dosen't seem to be able to play them:P )

Godbob and his jolly rogers
what would a goblin do to an ogre? he'd pants the guy and run away.. sounds like a sound plan to me..

Kera foehunter:

Due something orcish !!! attack his ogre troop from the rear !! now that would be orcish  and funny

Willmark:

Do I lose? occasionally unless I’m playing my High Elves. Losing isn’t necessarily a bad thing, you learn more from loses then wins to a large degree.

Leadblecher:

I’m about fairly good player, I have toppled the best around and been punked by noobs. I was only defeated with my O&G list and around 60% win with my CD ,but I am 0-2 with my WoC Throgg list. Still trying to work the kinks out, however it is more a list of fluff than stuff. Personaly I don’t mind losing to a good Warhammer player, I get to learn alot of tactics, however I hate loosing to someone who is good at playing Armybuilder. That takes no skill and is just bad army compisition.

Auretious Taak:

Oh yes! I have a Wood Elf player that keeps bringing in his heavy hitter in our 1500 P game. I'm playing Dwarfs with 1 attack and 1 wound and he'll bring in Orion the Hunter with 3 attacks and 7 wounds (Or something like that) and walk all over me. Or he'll use Dryads with Fear so I allways have to roll panic attacks and try not to flee.

Tarrakk Blackhand
Orion is a LORD LEVEL CHARACTER. Your mate is cheating, you CAN'T HAVE HIM IN LESS THEN 2,000pts!
Posted by two_heads_talking - Today 07:50 AM
Godbob and his jolly rogers Wrote:
two_heads_talking Wrote:

(Who dosen't seem to be able to play them )
what would a goblin do to an ogre? he'd pants the guy and run away.. sounds like a sound plan to me..
Godbob,

You either tell them to stuff off course they are making you have no fun and limiting the use of your army to the overall game, or shove them across and demand an equal footing on the front line.

IF THEY PERSIST:

MAX OUT ON MAGIC! MAX OUT ON BOLT THROWERS! MAX OUT ON GIANTS! MAX OUT ON NIGHT GOBLINS AND FANATICS! SET UP ON THEIR BACK LINES, WAIT 2 TURNS DOING NOTHING JUST TO THE POINT THAT THE NEXT TURN SEES THE ENEMY CHARGE! NOW THE FUN PART:

ANNOUNCE TO ALL THAT DUE TO THE INEQUALITIES BESTOWED UPON YOUR RACE AND THE GOBLIN SLAVES THEREIN, THAT YOU HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO DEFECT TO THE OPPOSITE SIDE.

Then you have fun, move those fanatic toting nightgoblins intorange to unleash the fanatics into the back ranks of those pesky Ogres. Then unleash the 8 Bolt Throwers, those Giants are gonna break and panic whole unoits and the magic shall be triumphant! Of course you inform the other side first so they completely ignore you and when your side complains, you be vocal VOCAL in your course of action and that it is a STATEMENT that you will NOT be treated unfairly and AGAINST THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME EVER AGAIN!

It shall work and if it doesn't and they can't see the humour involved, the stuff them all.

Auretious Taak.

Captain Crayon:

I almost always get beaten :stuck_out_tongue:

i like to blame animosity.

but it’s probably mostly because i suck :slight_smile:

WarplockMonkey:

Due something orcish !!!!!! attack his ogre troop from the rear !! now that would be orcish and funny

Kera foehunter
What WOULD be orcish and funny...beat the unfair buggers around the swad with a board with a nail in it untill they play fair! Then when they do...beat em some more!

-Warplock

superfella:

i tend to lose as many as i win.

i find taking a balanced army works better, as every time i make an army that, on paper, kicks the proverbial bottom, i get completely smushed!

is probably why i like my empire army so much, because its really easy to make a balanced list.

and i always find it funny to see the look on someone’s face when my steam tank hits a home run… “it does HOW many impact hits…?” hehehe.

steam tanks for the win!

Godbob,

You either tell them to stuff off course they are making you have no fun and limiting the use of your army to the overall game, or shove them across and demand an equal footing on the front line.

IF THEY PERSIST:

MAX OUT ON MAGIC! MAX OUT ON BOLT THROWERS! MAX OUT ON GIANTS! MAX OUT ON NIGHT GOBLINS AND FANATICS! SET UP ON THEIR BACK LINES, WAIT 2 TURNS DOING NOTHING JUST TO THE POINT THAT THE NEXT TURN SEES THE ENEMY CHARGE! NOW THE FUN PART:

ANNOUNCE TO ALL THAT DUE TO THE INEQUALITIES BESTOWED UPON YOUR RACE AND THE GOBLIN SLAVES THEREIN, THAT YOU HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO DEFECT TO THE OPPOSITE SIDE.

Then you have fun, move those fanatic toting nightgoblins intorange to unleash the fanatics into the back ranks of those pesky Ogres. Then unleash the 8 Bolt Throwers, those Giants are gonna break and panic whole unoits and the magic shall be triumphant! Of course you inform the other side first so they completely ignore you and when your side complains, you be vocal VOCAL in your course of action and that it is a STATEMENT that you will NOT be treated unfairly and AGAINST THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME EVER AGAIN!

It shall work and if it doesn't and they can't see the humour involved, the stuff them all.

Auretious Taak.

Auretious Taak
That's it if I get stuffed at the back again i'll turn against them

They may lose all hope on me after that but who gives a c**p i'm a orc player and thats what orcs do

WAAAAAAGH!!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

I used to always beat my only opponent when we first started, but that’s because we hadn’t read the rules properly and didn’t realise that armour saves were reduced (he played VC and I HoC), thusly, he couldn;t touch me. we then found this out and he pwned me for 3 years, then I began to even it out, then I started playing others and now I rarely lose (other than a couple of days ago, lol). My Dwarfs haven’t lost yet, my CDs have had one battle, against Evil Clown’s CDs and we drew and my HoC usually win.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Orion is a LORD LEVEL CHARACTER. Your mate is cheating, you CAN'T HAVE HIM IN LESS THEN 2,000pts!
True...but we BOTH fudge this rule. ;) He just has the tougher lord.

zorbak twilly:

Do I get beat alot,Do I get beat alot!

Of course I get beat alot I play O&G for crying out loud but on another note I did beat a HE army with my O&G they got slaughter :)

Godbob and his jolly rogers
That was me that got slaughtered i had a moral victory. I stalled his uber warlord.:(:):mad

EDIT: I usually get beat alot. Out of five, four is what ive lost. *wimpers and crawls into a dark place*

I stalled his uber warlord.:(:):mad

zorbak twilly
You didn't stall him he just couldn't stop fighting with his unit :mad

Kera foehunter:

maybe if i get some cool dice it may help !!!

Bassman:

Yes, dices are really important! Bad set of dices? Bad rolls, for sure. You have to find yours, use them, clean them, love them! That’s the way :hat

If you do not find the proper set… well, never use dices you do not feel confident.

I’m not a superstitious person but for warhammer :smiley:

Bassman

Willmark:

I almost always get beaten :P

i like to blame animosity.

but it's probably mostly because i suck :)

Captain Crayon
That is worth some slaves!

Fallen246:

I change armies a bit, play for flavour over power, and usually can’t help but tell everyone what I’m putting in my army before they write the lists for theirs.

This year I’ve yet to win. Only one draw.

Mordheim on the other hand…