[Archive] Do you own a CD Juggernaut?

Pyro Stick:

Exactly. So only the rich fanatics have them. Everyone esle has to do with scratch built ones.

zagor66:

Which is really just as good , if anything better!

Traitor King:

Juggernaut? Me? Pfft, I wish…

wallacer:

The thing is that once it reaches 200 quid the thought inevitably occurs (at least to me) “hmm… for that much money I could buy the Chaos War Mammoth from Forge World”.

I just don’t think a Juggernaut is worth that kind of money. For less than 150 i’d buy it, though.

AGPO:

There you are then

I;m going to make my own but make it with a daemonic engine rathr then Bull Centaur powered. Plenty of other stuff to do first though.

Willmark
Heresy, not only do you mleave out the mighty boar centaur but you don’t even recognise it.

…drags Wilmark screaming from Tallhat’s hat and stuffs him somewhere unpleasant in a boar centaur…

Tallhat:

There you are then
I;m going to make my own but make it with a daemonic engine rathr then Bull Centaur powered. Plenty of other stuff to do first though.

Willmark
Heresy, not only do you mleave out the mighty boar centaur but you don't even recognise it.
...drags Wilmark screaming from Tallhat's hat and stuffs him somewhere unpleasant in a boar centaur...

AGPO
Oh my word....

- Tallhat

Uzkul Werit:

The Juggernaut is the massive siege tower correct? They must go for quite a pretty penny.

Canix:

Last one on ebay had an extra level went for �208.55 :o

Like you pyro i would probably go to �150 but wont feel its necessary for years as i have plenty to paint first:hat

AGPO:

I’d rather have my own conversion for that much money. I understand its a collector’s piece but I’m primarrily a painter and modeller

Willmark:

There you are then

Willmark
Heresy, not only do you mleave out the mighty boar centaur but you don't even recognise it.
...drags Wilmark screaming from Tallhat's hat and stuffs him somewhere unpleasant in a boar centaur...

AGPO
Oh my word....

- Tallhat

Tallhat
See what you started???? :)

Check the other thread I'm now under Kate Beckinsale's thrall and thus immune to all spells/attempts to be re-stuffed under Talhat's... errr tall hat.

Back on track-
It comes down to cash yes, but a bit of common sense as well. I have the money to drop $400 dollars on a juggernaut on "vultureBay". But I'm not going to waste cash on something while is cool is way over-vauled. In other words: It ain't worth $400 US.

Tallhat:

SO sorry Willmark :slight_smile:

I absolutley agree. That is simply to much money for a model that you will never use, has never had any rules and most likely will never exist in the game again.

- Tallhat

Pyro Stick:

Everyone seems to forget that i made rules for it. I never got to test them though…

Willmark:

I’ll try out your rules eventually Pyro. However my limited painting time each week dictates that I can only spend such much time. Thus my jugger is a ways off.

AGPO- don’t get me wrong, unlike tall hats I actually like boar centaurs. But as others have stated (most often Tallhat) GWs direction seems to be towards daemonic powered engines. More so then the whirlwind and tenderizer the jugger screams out for some sort of daemonic “power plant” rather then being pushed.

Tallhat:

But as others have stated (most often Tallhat)

Willmark
Someone noticed! Huzzah! :hat off

- Tallhat

AGPO:

I'll try out your rules eventually Pyro. However my limited painting time each week dictates that I can only spend such much time. Thus my jugger is a ways off.

AGPO- don't get me wrong, unlike tall hats I actually like boar centaurs. But as others have stated (most often Tallhat) GWs direction seems to be towards daemonic powered engines. More so then the whirlwind and tenderizer the jugger screams out for some sort of daemonic "power plant" rather then being pushed.

Willmark
I know WIlmark but I'm afraid its too late now, Tallhat was sent up after you and his hat has prevented any route of escape... (see the other thread)
On a more serious note, GW hasn't really taken any direction with the chaos dwarfs for a while, and one of the things most of us like about them is that flexibility

Tallhat:

True AGPO but the models like the Juggernaut are so far back in the Warhammer universe that they dont really fit in wit the current concept of Warhammer. They are simply too goofy as it is I think. Now if they got a serious update of somesuch that would be a whole other story though I doubt the Juggernaut would ever return as anything but an advanced siege tower.

- Tallhat

Willmark:

I could maybe see the bazuka with rules similar to the skaven weapons teams but that is about it. i don’t think you’ll ever see the jugger, whirlwind, or tenderizer get rules in 7th. Of course in games with your friends have at it.

… anything but an advanced siege tower.

- Tallhat

Tallhat
That would be the best possible case that the jugger could hope for.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

im sure i saw one yesterday in a white dwarf, not from around the era what it came out at.

he had used a seriously large one for a snotling pump wagon, they were showing a few tourney armies about 5-7 years ago (there were 2 orc giants in 2 armies with the gw keyring as heads on them

damn cant remember the issue :frowning:

Kyte:

Yes, I do have one, but It’s scratch-built from greenstuff and plasticard.

Thanks

- Kyte

cornixt:

Were there any rules in the old (3rd editionish) Warhammer Siege book that could have been used for it?