[Archive] Do you play in a band or sing? Volunteers wanted for CD songs

Admiral:

With the Chaos Dwarf song project having acquired some mass it’s time to seek musicians and singers who would like to contribute pieces for free.

Do you sing or play instruments? Are you up to the task?

It’s an advantage if you can sing with a dark, deep and throaty voice, especially if you can make it sound evil.

As a pilot piece, to see if there’s any interest, we could try to get one or more audios of Kill, maim, burn, since Roark proposed something along those lines. It’s a simple little hectic piece and could work with more traditional music as well as with metal. Singing alone is also fine.

Here’re the “lyrics”:

Kill, maim, burn

Your ancestors were lowly scum!

Your fathers were all drunk on rum!

Your mothers were a bunch of hags!

Your children are all dressed in rags!

Your grave won’t even be an urn!

For we will…

Kill! Maim! Burn!

Your newborn were drowned in a lake!

Your grandmother’s spine did you break!

Your oaths are all false wicked lies!

Your stinking honour attracts flies!

Your souls will all as ghosts return!

For we will…

Kill! Maim! Burn!

Your god 's a filthy heathen swine!

Your booze is vinegar not wine!

Your home ‘s a hut built out of dung!

Your dirty deeds will se you hung!

Your guts will even carrion spurn!

For we will…

Kill! Maim! Burn!

- Chaos Dwarf battle taunt song
Any recordings will be welcome and appreciated! Use whatever rhythm you want.

If we can get some volunteers submitting their versions, the goal for an ultimate edition of it would be something along these lines (though metal would make a great second best!):

- A group of good singers capable of dark, throaty singing. Positively the whole song should be sung collectively, to simulate a gathering of warriors. The collective singin’ would be especially important for the three-word “refrain”, which should be shouted out.

- Some sparse accompanying background music akin to horns and deep drums, mainly to be heard before, in between parts and after the singing. A few Daemonic sounds like those in the game Fire Warrior would make it even better.

- Audio effects like a blowing wind, a fluttering banner, a few footsteps, the clatter of armour, some muttering, a growl, perhaps a whooshing ignition of flame and a bull sound of some sort. The creaking of wheels, the rattling of chains, a moan and a whiplash wouldn’t be out of place. Maybe even a short, distant barking order right before the song itself begins. These sound effects would be best at the start, as build-up for the song. Perhaps the wind could return right at the end and carry away the audio to silence.

“Special effects” volunteers with a slew of audio tricks would probably be needed for such a treatment, but the singing and the music would be up to musicians.

If we could get anything at all recorded towards this end, it would be great! :cheers

Also note that any wordless Chaos Dwarf-themed music would be fine.

MadHatter:

This must happen, there sure is alot of material to work with and the band or artist that picks this up will have an instant fanbase. The Khaozalid Dictionary is also a resource that could be used, you can pretty much write songs about whatever you like, so legally the artist would be safe.

Dînadan:

Also note that any wordless Chaos Dwarf-themed music would be fine.

Admiral
I think a good example of this sort of thing would be the Isengard theme from LotR, so something like that would be good to aim for.

MadHatter:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the masses demand a Dawi-Zharr subculture! First we take manhattan, then we take berlin. :hashut

tjub:

Haha, you can always email Bolt Thrower! :smiley:

Admiral:

@MadHatter: That’s right!

@Dînadan: Agreed, it would be a good thing to aim for.

@tjub: Haha, if I can get it copyrighted first. Abecedar insisted. :stuck_out_tongue:

This thread is run in parallell on Warseer. Lord Dan had a nice Metal remake idea based on Rammstein’s Feuer Frei (not into them myself, but others are):

Use Feuer Frei by Rammstein: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHUsIU161w4

The lyrics have to be modified only slightly to be a little more intuitive:

Your ancestors were lowly scum!

Your fathers were all drunk on rum!

Your mothers hags…

Your kin in rags…

Your grave won’t even be an urn!

Kill! Burn!

Maim! Burn!

Your newborn were drowned in a lake!

Your grandmother’s spine did you break!

Your oaths are lies…

Attract the flies…

Your ghosts return!

Kill! Burn!

Maim! Burn!

KILL, MAIM, BURN!

Etc., etc.

Lord Dan

Yodrin:

Me, sing…nope. I sound like donkey shoot in its right leg with an alligator on its tale…

Agree with Madhatter, this has to happen…!!

Admiral:

Me, sing.....nope. I sound like donkey shoot in its right leg with an alligator on its tale.....

Agree with Madhatter, this has to happen..!!

Yodrin
That sounds dreadful, and that could be perfect for Hobgoblins! :hat off

Dînadan:

Me, sing.....nope. I sound like donkey shoot in its right leg with an alligator on its tale.....

Agree with Madhatter, this has to happen..!!

Yodrin
That sounds dreadful, and that could be perfect for Hobgoblins! :hat off

Admiral
Drown trodden slaves came to mind for me

MadHatter:

Goodmorning Admiral, I recorded your verse “All for Hashut” tonight, hope you like it!

404 File Not Found - Jumpshare

MadHatter:

An Ode to the Asscannon: 404 Folder Not Found - Jumpshare

MadHatter:

Heres an ambient track called “Zharr-Naggrund” I made and used as the background for “All for Hashut”, perhaps it can be of use or a curiosity.

http://youtu.be/fPsboaqBp1I

:hat off

MadHatter:

Here are the youtube links:

All for Hashut

http://youtu.be/TJ7HcwrbcIw

An Ode to the Asscannon

An Ode to the Asscannon - YouTube

Admiral:

Thanks! The snowball have been started. Let’s get this growing, eh?

Heres an ambient track called “Zharr-Naggrund” I made and used as the background for “All for Hashut”, perhaps it can be of use or a curiosity.

404 File Not Found - Jumpshare

:hat off

MadHatter
Brilliant. I might have to invest in a microphone now to attempt something as well, though I’m not sure I can get the voice right.

Helblindi:

Sign me up for deep, throaty singing. I may not be able to completely sing in key, but I can get pretty throaty.

Also, I’ve experimented a lot with MadTracker, some years ago. It’s a program to make music. I’m not sure I can make anything that doesn’t sound electronic, but I might give it a try.

Come to think about, I made a song once that seems to suit the Dawi Zharr theme. The refrain goes “feed the machine, fuel the engine”. Just sounds a bit too electronic I guess.

Here’s a link: Askaahris - The Machine - YouTube

Admiral:

We’re getting closer to audio takes on it. I’ve got a friend of mine interested in an amateur parody, and maybe some others in a death metal version.

In the meanwhile, here’s MadHatter’s nice Khaozalid mantra audio version!

Sign me up for deep, throaty singing. I may not be able to completely sing in key, but I can get pretty throaty.

Also, I’ve experimented a lot with MadTracker, some years ago. It’s a program to make music. I’m not sure I can make anything that doesn’t sound electronic, but I might give it a try.

Come to think about, I made a song once that seems to suit the Dawi Zharr theme. The refrain goes “feed the machine, fuel the engine”. Just sounds a bit too electronic I guess.

Here’s a link: Askaahris - The Machine - YouTube

Helblindi
Nice! Would you like to contribute with songs of your own, or go for audios of the ones in the CD song collection? Maybe both if you like?

“Feed the machine, fuel the engine” is thematic enough for CDs and nice as well!

If you would make anything Chaos Dwarfen it would be much appreciated! We’ll need every throat we can get. :wink:

Helblindi:

Wow, Madhatter has a sweet voice!

Since I’m not quite up to speed with the chaos dwarf fluff, I’d rather just try to work on audio for written songs. That said, I’m not too musical, I make music by throwing samples together and messing around until I like the sound. So I mainly wanted to volunteer my throat to add to already existing music, but I might try my hand at making a full song, music and vocals. It sure has been a while! If you can think of any song that would especially fit me, please say so. Otherwise, I’ll got through the lyrics page and see what inspires me.

Admiral:

Perhaps MadHatter could be persuaded to mix together something dark and suitable if you do the singing? I could even try my hand at it, but I’ve got more confidence in MadHatter’s and your abilities.

But you’re most welcome to try your own music besides the voicing! Don’t be afraid to appear amateurish or anything like that, we’re all a bunch of happy amateurs chucking in our contributions to fleshing out CD culture.

I don’t really know what might fit your voice best. Perhaps Kill, maim, burn or Mind’s Grind or Beware the Skaven my Son or The Passionate Axeman or Watch yer back for sneaky gitz?

You might want to change the lyrics a bit to suit your singing in places, it’s all up to you how you execute the singin’! I’m just helpful for any help with the projects. :cheers

Admiral:

Sticklander has volunteered to give the sing-song a try!

Would you make a decent singer or voice actor? Sign up here, uncle Hashut wants you! :hashut

MadHatter:

Perhaps MadHatter could be persuaded to mix together something dark and suitable if you do the singing? I could even try my hand at it, but I've got more confidence in MadHatter's and your abilities.

Admiral
Sorry I had missed this, but by Hashut I will mix to the best of my ability, let me know what is needed :hashut
Sticklander has volunteered to give the sing-song a try!

Admiral
Sweet!