Kera foehunter:

i was woundering since you played warhammer

that you might play chess to

i kinda learn chess when i was young

my father and grand father played it

they would have monthly chess games at ramdom houses

and belong to a club

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Well if someone said ‘do you want to play chess?’ i’d say yes but i don’t play it as a club

Fridericus_Rex:

Well, my brothers and my dad played chess. So, you won’t wonder, I also tryed chess and tada! Playing chess is very fun and it lets your head fume.

Willmark:

I learned to play when I was around 6ish.

Fallen246:

I played all the time in year five, because the only kid I hung out with broke his leg and couldn’t really do much else.

Oddly, it seemed to be broken for a while…

Kera foehunter:

well i didn’t not belong to any chess club in school

but i could play a good game

my dad also had a three trear chess set

but that’s was to hard to play for me

KRUG_666:

Try to play when I can, mostly against my Dad and brothers.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I used to play chess a lot, but my friends got swiftly bored as they couldn’t beat me.

Backgammon’s where it’s at :wink: the only person to beat me at that is my mentor lol. Stupid father. Still, I beat an American statew champion who had benn playing since he was two (at least he claimed that) after learning the game the day before. On a big screen television. At a jamboree :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

i have a roman army type chess set white and black

superfella:

i used to be in the chess club when i was at college, but i wasnt any good then, and i still struggle to beat the computer on easy on my pc haha!

i tend to stick with warhammer, as the dice can still save me, even if my tactics work against me!

minty:

I play chess alot, it taught me a few important lesons, like sacrificing pawns…and if the set ever breaks, those same pawns make great big hats:)

two_heads_talking:

I’ve played chess, and sometimes I still do. I’m good enough to not get beat right away, but usually, I sacrifice too much or get caught in traps too frequently to be regarded as good. I guess I am mediocre or thereabouts.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

It’s funny when I play chess I all ways forget to use my queen and then the oppersite’s queen all ways checks me :rolleyes:

cornixt:

I learnt how to play at a very young age, but never got the hang of any strategies. I had a chess computer that I could never beat on the lowest level, so I gave up.

KRUG_666:

Been trying to get the wife to play , she rather play video games though.

speedygogo:

I used to play alot. The lack of players has left me without a game for years. There are several good online communities where you can get a game in.

Auretious Taak:

I play, though haven’t had a proper game ina few years. I nrought a horrendously expensive Dragon Chess set for my 21st as my gift to me, it’s epic in how it looks, glass board held up above the table/floor wherever by 4 corner parts that are mountainous towers and the pieces themselves are superb. I was supposed to play 5 games with a mate with each of us taking a month to make our respective moves and in so doing we would decide once and for all who was the better player, especially as those games would take the rest of our lives to complete. :slight_smile: And we didn’t start, that was 2 years ago lol. Oh, and I forgot my awesome opening that i could alot with.

On that note, what is your favoured colour? I prefer white, more mobility and more aggressive, the added advantage that you are playing for a win from the get go where black is aiming for a draw is encouraging also.

Auretious Taak.